How to Book Affordable, Low-Budget Speakers Who Deliver
Looking to hire a speaker but keep running into budget issues? I hear you. It’s true that a keynote speaker can be a big expense for your company or association, but there are usually up-and-coming low budget event speakers or affordable conference speakers who are less-well-known who can deliver a great presentation for less. This is why it’s so important to work with a knowledgeable and reputable speakers bureau.
Oftentimes, I work with clients who set out looking for a big-name speaker or celebrity speaker. These speakers are outside the scope of most meeting planner’s budgets. And sometimes, even if they fall within your budget, they may be unavailable for a keynote on your event date. This is where my team comes in.
Having personally seen and worked with hundreds of speakers over the past two decades plus, the Leading Authorities team is able to recommend affordable event speakers that you may not have heard of or considered based on things like location, experience level, brand affiliation, and presentation length and type, which all impact pricing. Our budget-friendly speakers range from low budget corporate speakers new to the circuit to low-profile political low budget keynote speakers. We work with you to get a feel for your meeting’s theme, topics of discussion, and goals, to make sure that you only make compromises that will have the smallest impact on your event’s success as judged by the people who matter most: attendees and stakeholders.
Many lower-cost, high-value speakers are newer to the speaking circuit, or don’t have the massive name recognition of other speakers, but still deliver a very impactful and high-level talk. The typical price range for an affordable speaker of this caliber would be between the range of $7,000 to $15,000 depending on location and add-ons, like book or travel fees. We work with affordable speakers in all topic areas ranging from inspirational speakers to technology and financial technology experts to political analysts, to name a few.
If you’re wondering how to find these great, low-budget speakers, your best bet is to reach out to our team who can provide you with a curated list of speaker recommendations based on the location of your event, your exact budget range, and speaker availability and speaking topic. However, we've put together some hard-and-fast guidelines for you to
If your budget is:
- $3,000 or less: Unfortunately, no speakers bureau can help you. Your best bet would be to find speakers who are new to the circuit and looking for experience, or to get in touch with someone who is affiliated with your organization and interested in speaking pro-bono.
- $10,000 or less: We represent numerous speakers who fit into this category. Please reach out to our team for more information on these lower-budget speakers and a program consultant will send tailored recommendations.
- $10,000 or more: We represent thousands of speakers on every topic and of every type in this budget range. Please contact our team for more information, or you can use our speaker search tools online to find a speaker who fits within your budget and meets any other speaker specifications and event criteria you are looking for on your own. It's very easy to search for speakers on your own!
Here's how to use our website to search for speakers by their speaking fee:
- Navigate to our speaker search page on the Leading Authorities speakers bureau website.
- Refine your search selections by select the appropriate topic or topics, fee range, and speaker location on the left side of the page and get your results! You can also select any of our additional search filters, such as speaker type, gender, political affiliation, and more, to narrow down your search even more.
- Please note that speaker fees are different for every speaker based on the location of your event. Thus, knowing your event's location is crucial to providing accurate pricing estimates.
Are you ready to book an affordable, all-star speaker? Contact our team to get started today!