Ripped from the Headlines: Experts on Current Events
From our ever-changing economy in the ongoing post-pandemic era to emerging technological trends and the future of work, current events command our attention and influence every aspect of our lives. Learning how to get ahead of disruption and stay up to date on the direction of our future is key to staying successful and growing at the business, organization, and individual levels. Whether you’re a business leader, someone searching for corporate entertainment, or simply looking to stay informed on emerging trends, if you’re looking for an expert to educate your audience and share their valuable insights on navigating current events, consider the names below.
These speakers are among the most sought-after voices in politics, geopolitics, economics, and emerging trends who offer audiences a look at this moment in time, as well as various scenarios for how current events may unfold and reshape the future. In addition to their insights, these speakers bring a wealth of experience and a unique perspective to the table. They have a deep understanding of the complexities of our rapidly evolving world and can provide invaluable guidance on how to adapt and thrive in times of change. Their talks and presentations are engaging, thought-provoking, and informative, and are sure to leave a lasting impact on your audience. By listening to their perspectives and advice, you can gain the knowledge and skills needed to make informed business and personal decisions to stay ahead of the curve. So, whether you're planning a conference, a corporate event, or a workshop, consider booking one of these speakers to share their valuable insights and expertise with your audience.
It's undeniable that political decisions have a profound impact on our lives, both individually and as a business entity. From our access to healthcare and education to the state of our economy and progress on social issues, politics plays a crucial role in shaping the world around us. That's why staying informed and up to date on the current political climate is so essential.
By staying ahead of political news and trends, we can gain a more comprehensive understanding of our nation's standing and the issues that affect us most. This knowledge is crucial when it comes to making informed business decisions and advocating for policies that align with our values and priorities. Moreover, staying informed can help us engage in meaningful discourse with others, both those who share our views and those who hold differing opinions.
Hiring an expert political speaker is a valuable resource when it comes to understanding politics. They can provide valuable insights, analysis, and context that may be difficult to find elsewhere. Expert speakers, such as political scientists, journalists and policy analysts, have a deep understanding of the political landscape and can provide reliable information on current events, trends, and historical precedents. By presenting accurate and unbiased information these expert speakers help audiences navigate the complexities of politics which is especially important in today's polarized political climate. From political scientists and journalists to former policymakers and elected officials, keep reading for our roster of political speakers that are sure to engage and inform your audience at your next event.
- Amy Walter, Publisher and Editor-in-Chief of the Cook Political Report with Amy Walter and Popular On-Air Political Analyst, who takes audiences on an insider’s tour of Washington politics and shares important insights on the electoral process, congressional culture, and the D.C. political scene.
- Charlie Cook, Renowned Political Analyst and Founder of the Cook Political Report, who has been called “the Picasso of election analysis” and taps into his quick wit and encyclopedic knowledge to lead a balanced discussion on today’s political and legislative environment.
- Jim VandeHei & Mike Allen, Co-Founders of AXIOS and POLITICO, two of the nation’s most influential journalists, providing the inside scoop on the trends and personalities making waves on Capitol Hill. In their witty, nonpartisan presentations, they share an incredibly behind-the-scenes analysis of current affairs, as well as insights on how to navigate the new digital environment.
- Jonathan Capehart, Pulitzer Prize-Winning Journalist, Associate Editor for the Washington Post, and Host of The Sunday Show with Jonathan Capehart, who provides a unique perspective on the intersection of social and cultural issues and politics, discussing the news of the day, cultural shifts, and issues that matter now and will matter for years to come.
- Jonathan Martin, Politics Bureau Chief and Senior Political Columnist, POLITICO, a highly respected political journalist, who provides sought-after coverage on what’s really happening at the highest levels of American politics among movers and shakers in Washington, D.C. — and across the country.
- Rob Portman, U.S. Senator (R-OH, 2011-2023), Former Director of the Office of Management and Budget & United States Trade Representative, who shares balanced, expert-level insights on politics, policy, geopolitics, economics, and trade, the while highlighting the benefits of bipartisanship to create meaningful impact in our nation.
- Geoff Bennett, PBS NewsHour Co-Anchor, who brings audiences to the center of D.C.'s most important discussions — bringing his nationally recognized, in-depth analysis of politics and public affairs from the TV screen to live audiences.
- David Wasserman, Senior Election Analyst, The Cook Political Report with Amy Walter and NBC Contributor, who analyzes the current political environment in lively and entertaining presentations that utilize data-driven insights to break down national and local trends and the relationship between consumer brand loyalty and voting, as well as forecast what upcoming elections may bring.
- Margaret Brennan, Moderator of CBS News’ Face the Nation with Margaret Brennan & CBS News’ Chief Foreign Affairs Correspondent, who draws from more than two decades experience covering politics, international affairs, global markets, and the White House to deliver a fact-based, balanced look at the news driving Washington paired with insights that light up emerging global stories and trends.
- Ana Navarro, Political Contributor to CNN and Telemundo, and Co-Host of ABC’s The View, who is regarded as a sought-after adviser for any presidential hopeful, she deftly analyzes the current political landscape with her signature no-holds-barred candor, while also sharing the perspective of the Hispanic voter and highlighting what organizations need to understand about this demographic’s interests.
- Jake Tapper, Award Winning Journalist; Anchor and Chief Washington Correspondent, CNN. His speeches dissect the biggest issues of the day with hard-hitting questions and a large, healthy dose of journalistic skepticism. With his “State of the Union,” Tapper looks at the stories driving our daily conversations and offers his expert analysis and predictions for the future.
- Scott Pelley, Award-Winning 60 Minutes Correspondent & Former CBS News Anchor and Managing Editor. Takes audiences on a multi-media trip around the world through his unique insights and behind-the-scenes looks at the people and issues that shape our lives. With a customized presentation for the industry of his audience, he includes a collection of inspiring and motivational stories that will capture the imagination, offer valuable life lessons, and excite audiences with possibilities for tomorrow.
- Nathan Gonzales, Editor & Publisher of Inside Elections with Nathan L. Gonzales and Election Analyst for CQ Roll Call, a nonpartisan analyst regularly seen in major media outlets, he draws from his interviews with leading political figures and uses historical information trends, demographics, economic data, and entertaining stories to break down the current political landscape, share what audiences need to know about races.
- Roben Farzad, Journalist, Broadcaster & Host of Public Radio’s “Full Disclosure”, who uses his engaging and charismatic personality to demystify complex concepts in business, tech, economics, and policy with creative analysis and forward-thinking strategies for organizational innovation.
- Donna Brazile, Renowned Political Strategist and Commentator, Former Interim Chair of the Democratic National Committee, who was named one of the “100 Most Powerful Women” by Washingtonian magazine, as she works for progressive change, responsible governance, and the advancement of all people in a society that is fair and equitable.
Geopolitics a critical area of knowledge that has significant implications for the world as a whole. By keeping up with geopolitics, companies’ stakeholders can gain a better understanding of how political decisions and international relations impact global affairs, including trade, security, and the distribution of resources. By understanding the complex relationships between nations and the geopolitical factors that shape them, your audience will be better equipped to navigate the world around them. We can also develop a more comprehensive understanding of the issues that affect us and those around us and be better prepared to participate in conversations and debates about global affairs.
Experts in this field, such as geopolitical authorities, foreign policy experts, former ambassadors, and military leaders, have extensive knowledge and experience in analyzing international relations and the political dynamics that shape them. They can provide valuable insights, context, and analysis of current events, helping individuals to develop a deeper understanding of global issues. Expert speakers can also help individuals to recognize bias and misinformation in media coverage of geopolitical events. In today's age of information, it's easy to become overwhelmed or confused by the sheer volume of news and opinions available. However, experts in the field help individuals to separate facts from opinions and provide an accurate and objective perspective on complex issues. Below is a list of geopolitical experts we work with at Leading Authorities that will engage your audience and provide expert insights on today’s political climate.
- Eric Traupe, National Intelligence Leader; Former CIA Assistant Director, who is a trusted advisor to U.S. and world leaders on geopolitical and economic trends, and managing risk in the global landscape, as he shares fascinating stories from his experiences as a CIA leader, along with valuable lessons on leadership, purpose, inclusion, and innovation.
- Andrew McCabe, CNN Law Enforcement Analyst, Former Acting and Deputy Director of the FBI, who keeps audiences at the edge of their seats as he skillfully ticks through the scenarios that keep the intelligence community on high alert. He provides a high-level overview of complex, critical issues, including national security and cyber security, with precision and clarity.
- Beth Sanner, Presidential Intelligence Briefer, Former Deputy Director of National Intelligence for Mission Integration, a trusted advisor to multiple U.S. presidents and foreign partners who briefs audiences on hot-button geopolitical matters and provides analytical insights and expertise on the issues keeping world leaders up at night.
- James Clapper, Former Director of National Intelligence, formerly the nation’s top intelligence official and principal intelligence advisor to the President, James Clapper is revered for both his encyclopedic knowledge of critical intelligence issues and his straight-shooting style. Having overseen the U.S. intelligence community through a period that included the bin Laden raid and the Snowden leaks, Clapper’s uniquely positioned to discuss the broad scope of threats facing American interests.
- Susan Gordon, Former U.S. Principal Deputy Director of National Intelligence, who shares first-hand insights from her 30-year national security career on the shifting cyber landscape in today’s hyper-connected world and what organizations need to know to protect themselves.
- Harry Harris, Admiral, U.S. Navy (Retired); Former Commander, U.S. Pacific Command; Former U.S. Ambassador to the Republic of Korea, who provides a compelling breakdown of evolving global relations while offering predictions for how today’s top issues may reshape geopolitics, business, and the economy in the future.
- Tracy Walder, Former CIA Officer, FBI Special Agent, Educator, and Author, who analyzes the current geopolitical landscape from the viewpoint of a counterintelligence expert who has operated at the center of global conflict, while explaining complex issues in foreign affairs, as well as their potential impact on national security and policy.
- Meghan O’Sullivan, Geopolitical Authority & Presidential Advisor, Harvard Professor & Administrator, who has been Called “one of this century’s most influential people” by Esquire, as she shares firsthand insights on geopolitics today and leads a fascinating exploration into the geopolitics of energy.
- Evelyn Farkas, Foreign Policy & Global Trends Expert, Executive Director of the McCain Institute, and NBC National Security Contributor, who with an outspoken voice on how America ought to respond to foreign allies and adversaries to secure a more peaceful and prosperous future, is one of the nation’s premier authorities on American foreign policy and geopolitics.
- Anja Manual, Principal, Rice, Hadley, Gates & Manuel LLC, who is an advisor to Fortune 500 CEOs and Silicon Valley C-Suite executives as she shares high-level insight on globalization, emerging markets, and America’s shifting role in international leadership.
- Bob Woodward, Legendary Pulitzer Prize-Winning Investigative Journalist; Associate Editor, The Washington Post; and Author, 21 Bestsellers, who on stage, uses humorous interactions with audiences to infuse current events with personal anecdotes. He looks at the expanding powers of the presidency and assesses the role of the media and how well it is (or isn’t) doing its job.
Keeping up with the economy is critical for individuals, businesses, and society as a whole. Economic decisions and trends have far-reaching effects on everything from job security and personal finances to the availability of goods and services and the overall standard of living. For individuals, staying informed about economic trends can help them make better financial decisions, plan for the future, and take advantage of opportunities. For businesses, understanding the economic climate is crucial for strategic planning, risk management, and identifying potential growth areas. Additionally, government policies and decisions regarding the economy can significantly impact the well-being of society as a whole.
Expert speakers can be an invaluable resource for understanding the economy. Economists, financial analysts, and business leaders have a wealth of knowledge and experience in analyzing economic trends, identifying potential risks, and forecasting future developments. They can provide valuable insights, data, and analysis on topics such as interest rates, fiscal policy, inflation, banking regulation, stock market trends, cryptocurrency, and employment statistics. By explaining economic concepts and trends in clear and accessible language, they can help people to better understand the impact of economic decisions on their lives and businesses. If you’re in need of an expert economic speaker for your next event, by working with a motivational speaker’s bureau like Leading Authorities, you can browse through our roster of diverse thought leaders in the field of economics to find the right fit for you.
- Marci Rossell, Expert Economic Forecaster, Former Chief Economist for CNBC and Co-Host of Squawk Box, who, in her authentic, high-energy keynotes, discusses America’s role in the global economy, factors responsible for economic fluctuations, how Washington influences Wall Street and the markets, and the specific forecast of the American economy over the next 18-24 months.
- Diane Swonk, Chief Economist, KPMG; Founder and CEO of DS Economics, whose entertaining and enlightening presentations offer audiences a deep, nonpolitical dive into global and domestic economic issues, including the current trajectory of the economy, trade issues, regulation, taxes, and the effect government policy has on the markets.
- Patrick Toomey, U.S. Senator (R-PA) 2011-2023; Ranking Member, Senate Banking Committee; Member, Finance Committee, Budget Committee, and Joint Economic Committee, who provides expert insights and action steps for organizations as they navigate government financial regulations, budgetary issues, tax and trade policy, cryptocurrency, and more.
- Zachary Karabell, Authority on Future Trends, Geopolitics and the Changing Global Economic System, a non-partisan expert who challenges common assumptions, from global economics to the future of American innovation, and analyzes the current domestic and global economy to share eye-opening insights on the near-term future, the interconnectedness of the world’s financial markets, and how fiscal policy affects American business.
- Brian Quintenz, Commissioner, Commodity Futures Trading Commission (2017-2021), who combines his expertise in finance with public policy to lead a future-focused discussion on the economy, addressing why this is such a crucial period for our markets, while emphasizing the importance of market freedom, risk-focused regulation, and innovation to safeguard and improve the financial marketplace.
- Dana M. Peterson, Chief Economist, The Conference Board, an expert sought out by the world's top financial institutions, media outlets, and policymakers, leads an immersive deep dive with up-to-the-minute insights on the near- and far-term economy and how businesses can adapt to its volatility.
- Matthew Slaughter, Dean of the Tuck School of Business at Dartmouth and a former member of the White House Council of Economic Adviser, who makes practical sense of economic data, forces, and policies to analyze current market trends and provides a near-term economic outlook as well as future global projections on how organizations can adapt, identify opportunities, and protect against risk.
- Elliott Harris, Global Economics Expert, Former United Nations Chief Economist and Assistant Secretary-General for Economic Development, who is a macroeconomic expert with 34 years of experience that analyzes geopolitical, social, and environmental factors moving the economy to offer valuable insights on what they mean for organizations and their strategic business planning.
- Julia Pollack, Chief Economist, ZipRecruiter, is an economic mover and shaker who is at the leading edge of market trends and their impact on business and the new work economy, as she advises organizations and individuals on how to adapt to market evolution and shares strategies for success in today’s economy, and beyond.
- Michael Piwowar, Former Acting Chairman and Commissioner at the US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), who served as a senior economic advisor for Presidents Bush and Obama and offers audiences a look into the future as he breaks down what’s working and what’s not in the current economy to help businesses understand current shifts in the market, as well as the major opportunities and pitfalls they present.
Emerging trends can encompass a wide range of areas, including technology, social trends, economic shifts, and geopolitical developments. Staying informed about emerging trends can help professionals and businesses identify new opportunities, adapt to changes in their industry, and make strategic decisions about future investments and plans. Moreover, being aware of emerging trends can help individuals to develop new skills and knowledge that can be valuable in their careers and enable organizations to innovate and stay relevant in an increasingly competitive marketplace.
Expert speakers in the field of emerging trends can be a valuable resource for understanding and analyzing the future of work. They can provide insights and analysis on the latest developments in their field and help individuals and organizations to understand the potential impact of these trends on their industry or area of interest. Moreover, expert speakers can provide practical advice and guidance on how to take advantage of emerging trends and help individuals and organizations to stay ahead of the curve. By providing a broad perspective on the latest developments across multiple industries and sectors, they can help individuals and organizations to identify potential opportunities and challenges and stay informed about the latest developments shaping the world around them. Keep reading for a list of the emerging trends experts we work with at Leading Authorities that you could consider booking for your next event.
- Amy Webb, World-Renowned Futurist; Founder & CEO of the Future Today Institute and Professor, Strategic Foresight at New York University Stern School of Business, recognized as one of Forbes’ “Five Women Changing the World,” she leads an extraordinary exploration into emerging trends and tech that will reshape business and society and provides strategic foresight and actionable strategies for organizations to manage the present while innovating for the future.
- Paul Zikopoulos, Award-Winning Author, Speaker, Future Trends Expert, and VP of Big Data Cognitive Systems at IBM, who offers organizations a framework for excelling in a time of rapid change and discusses why big data, AI, data science, deep learning, and machine learning are not just a competitive edge, but survival tools, and how organizations can capitalize on them.
- Sheryl Connelly, Leading Futurist & Global Consumer Trends Expert, Legendary Chief Futurist at Ford Motor Company, has been named one of the “100 Most Creative People in Business” by Fast Company magazine twice, as she helps business leaders to think like a futurist to effectively track, analyze, and predict how global consumer and lifestyle trends will impact organizations across industries.
- Melanie Subin, Futurist; Trends, Scenarios, & Strategic Foresight Leader; Director of Consulting, Future Today Institute, who shares an intriguing analysis of emerging tech and trends that will disrupt business, government, and society, and leverages research and data to provide audiences with customizes tools for navigating their organizations into the future.
- Leonard Brody, Award Winning Entrepreneur, Venture Capitalist, Best-Selling Author, and Innovation Expert, who oversees the building of new ventures for some of the most well-known celebrities and political leaders in the world and explores the massive cultural and technological shifts driving today’s disruption and the opportunities and threats it presents.
- Salim Ismail, Exponential Strategist, Founder of OpenExO & ExO Works, is the former Head of Brickhouse, Yahoo’s internal ‘ideas factory’ where game-changing ideas were brought in, built and launched, and is now hitting the stage to discuss the new breed of businesses scaling 10 times faster than established organizations.
- Michael Steep, Founder and Former Executive Director, Stanford Engineering Center for Disruptive Technology and Digital Cities, & Former SVP of Global Business Operations at PARC Xerox, is a highly sought-after strategic leader who has advised clients including Airbus, BMW, and Google by offering expert insights on how to get ahead of disruption with practical tips for fueling innovative ideas powered by new technology.
- Peter Sheahan, Best-selling Author and World Renowned Speaker on Exploiting Business Trends and New Market Opportunities and Founder and CEO of Karrikins Group, who has advised leaders from top companies Apple, Microsoft, Goldman Sachs, and Wells Fargo on looking for competitive advantages by embracing change and disruption while breaking free from old business models.
- Crystal Washington, Technology Marketing Strategist and Futurist, who offers practical tips for using technology to strengthen client connections without losing that personal touch and explains the practical applications of technology and social media in plain English.
- Scott Klososky, Technology Entrepreneur, Consultant, Author, & Founder, Future Point of View, who discusses the impact of digital transformation, cybersecurity, and digital governance on the business world and society in general as he teaches business leaders to take advantage of emerging trends and tech innovation.
About Leading Authorities, Inc.
At Leading Authorities, Inc. we are a top-rated speakers bureau and event agency that provides a range of services to help individuals, organizations, and businesses to create engaging, informative, and successful events. We represent a diverse range of expert speakers, thought leaders, and industry professionals who can speak on a wide range of topics, including leadership, politics, business, technology, health and wellness, and more. From full-blown corporate and industry events to speaker interviews and Q&A’s, at Leading Authorities, we will help provide you with the right speaker for your upcoming event.
In addition to our speaker’s bureau services, we provide event management services, including event planning, logistics, production, and on-site support. Whether it's a large-scale conference, a corporate retreat, or a smaller-scale event, we help clients to plan and execute successful events that meet their goals and exceed their expectations. Furthermore, we offer our clients a range of media production services including video production, live-streaming, and virtual event production. Our team of experienced producers and technical experts, help clients to create high-quality video content, live streams, and virtual events that engage audiences and deliver their message effectively. With our extensive network of expert speakers, experienced event planners, and talented producers, at Leading Authorities, we can help clients to achieve their goals and make their events a success.
BOOK A CURRENT EVENTS SPEAKER FOR YOUR NEXT MEETING
Interested in bringing in any of these speakers to share their expertise and valuable insights? Contact us to get started! You can also:
- Call us at 1-800-SPEAKER
- Email us at Contact@lauthorities.com
- Fill out the form below and we will reach out to you within 24 hours
- Live chat with a member of our team in real time