TED Talk Speakers For Your Event
Each year, leading technology, entertainment, and design experts gather at TED to discuss new, groundbreaking ideas changing the way we relate to our world now. And TED 2019 kicks off next week in Vancouver with the theme “Bigger Than Us.” The conference will be asking questions like, “Where is technology heading?” and “Is there more we should be doing?”
Leading Authorities speakers bureau is proud to represent many former TED and TEDx speakers. If you’re looking for a speaker to generate buzz at your next big meeting, look through this list.
OUR TOP TED TALK SPEAKERS
- General Stanley McChrystal, is the former commander of U.S. and international forces in Afghanistan. A four-star general, he is credited for creating a revolution in warfare that fuses intelligence and operations. Of McChrystal, Wired magazine said: “To hear McChrystal talk about leadership is like hearing Steve Jobs talk about innovation.” His TED talk covers building a sense of shared purpose, and what he learned about leadership over decades in the military. | Watch General McChrystal's TED Talk.
Dr. Kate Darling is a Research Specialist at the MIT Media Lab and a robotics expert. Called “one of the biggest names in science” by NBC News, her TED Talk, “Why We Have an Emotional Connection to Robots,” has been watched almost 1.3 million times since it was published in September 2018. | Watch Kate Darling's TED Talk.
Dr. Poppy Crum is the Chief Scientist at Dolby Laboratories and a Stanford Adjunct Professor. Dr. Crum’s work focuses on building new technology-enabled products that improve the ways we all interact with the world around us. Her TED talk, “Technology Knows What You’re Feeling,” gets at one of the biggest questions we all have about tech today: Do we still have control over what other people and products know about us? | Watch Poppy Crum's TED Talk.
Astrophysicist, educator, humanitarian, and TED Fellow, Dr. Hakeem M. Oluseyi, trounced race and class and pushed past difficult and unlikely circumstances to become a leading mind and an an important contributor in the fields of computer technology and space research. Now, as the Space Science Education Lead at NASA, h is doing everything in his power to give young and underfunded scientists a chance to reach for the stars, and a real opportunity to achieve success. | Watch Hakeem Oluyesi's TED Talk.
Bran Ferren is a technologist, designer, engineer, and former President of R&D at Walt Disney Imagineering. Named one of the “100 Most Creative People in Business” by Fast Company, Ferren talks about how technology will transform human experience, as well as how to combine design and engineering to develop products that stand the test of time. | Watch Bran Ferren's TED Talk.
- Mark Bowden is an expert in body language and non-verbal communication. He recently came into the office and had our whole team laughing and fascinated by his entertaining and impactful talk. He shared the science behind body language—plus a look at small tweaks we can all make when giving presentations or meeting with clients that will have a big impact. | Watch Mark Bowden's TED Talk.
- Salim Ismail is the former VP of Yahoo! and the founding executive director of Singularity University. In Salim's TED talk, he focuses on “educating, inspiring, and empowering a new generation of leaders to apply exponential technologies to address humanity’s grand challenges.” | Watch Salim's TEDx Talk.
Only 12 people have been on the moon and 5,000 people have climbed to the top of Mount Everest in the history of the world, but world record-breaking polar explorer, Ben Saunders, is the only person ever to successfully complete the 1,800-mile trek from the edge of Antarctica to the South Pole and back, unsupported. A repeat TED Talk speaker, Ben's presentations focus on his belief that “No one else is an authority on your potential.” | Watch Ben's TED Talk.
Mitch Joel has been called upon by Google to explain digital marketing to Silicon Valley’s top executives. He is an expert at coaching brands on how to innovate and meet the needs of today’s wired consumer—with digital experiences. | Watch Mitch's TED Talk.
- Peter Diamandis, chairman and CEO of the X PRIZE Foundation, co-founder of Singularity University, and author of best-selling Abundance, is a dynamic speaker who shows his audience how to drive and incentivize breakthrough thinking to achieve clear, measurable results. | Watch Peter's TED Talk.
- Mel Robbins is a repeat TED Talk speaker, serial entrepreneur, best-selling author, internationally-recognized social media influencer, CNN legal and social commentator, and one of the most sought-after motivational speakers in the world. In her globally-praised TED talk, Mel introduced the world to the science-backed secret to change—"The 5 Second Rule". Over ten million views later, "The 5 Second Rule" has become a best-selling book and a life-changing movement inspiring people around the world to quit procrastinating, become more courageous, accomplish goals, and change for the better. | Watch Mel's TED Talk.
- Best-selling author, sought-after entrepreneur, and 3D printing expert, Rick Smith, counsels organizations on seamlessly adopting new technologies, including the booming, $100-billion 3D printing market, and successfully managing historic technological disruption.
- Hugh Herr heads the Biomechatronics research group at the MIT Media Lab. Herr, who is himself a double amputee, works to create bio-hybrid smart prostheses that improve the quality of life for thousands of people across America. An incredible presenter and repeat TED speaker, Herr’s story of overcoming his own tragedy is highly inspirational and his insights on innovation, technology, and the future of the human body are out of this world. He discussed his team’s pioneering research at this year’s TED conference.
- Navi Radjou, innovation and leadership expert and author of the book, Frugal Innovation, discusses hows how companies and entrepreneurs can unleash and harness the grassroots ingenuity of employees, customers, and partners to co-create simple but effective solutions that deliver greater value at a lower cost. More recently, Navi has been expanding on the concept and practice of frugal innovation well beyond the economic realm to solve our toughest social, environmental, and public policy challenge. He received the prestigious Thinkers50 Innovation Award—given to a management thinker who is reshaping the way we think about and practice innovation, and is ranked as one of the 50 most influential persons shaping innovation in France. His TED talk on frugal innovation has garnered over 1 million video views to-date. | Watch Navi's TED Talk.
- Mick Ebeling, the CEO of Not Impossible Labs, two-time winner of SXSW Innovation Award, and author of the book, Not Impossible: The Art and Joy of Doing What Couldn't Be Done.
When she was 19, Amy Purdy lost both her legs below the knee. And now ... she's a pro snowboarder (and a killer competitor on "Dancing with the Stars"!). In this powerful TED Talk, she shows us how to draw inspiration from life's obstacles. | Watch Amy's TED Talk.
- Dr. Daniel Kraft, who has done two TED Talks, is a physician, scientist, entrepreneur, as well as an inventor and innovator. He explores the impact of developing technologies on health and medicine. | Watch Daniel's TED Talk.
- Joe Pine is the author of best-selling book, The Experience Economy, a consultant to executives and entrepreneurs, and an expert at creating what modern consumers really want: Authentic experiences. Customers want to feel what they buy is authentic, but Pine says selling authenticity is tough because, well, there's no such thing. He talks about a few experiences that may be artificial but make millions anyway. | Watch Joe's TED Talk.
- Neal Petersen is an award-winning author and global investor who shares real life examples of how to overcome insurmountable barriers by turning “perceived” disadvantages into opportunities. | Watch Neal's TED Talk.
- Benjamin Zander is the conductor of the Boston Philharmonic and the author of best-selling book, The Art of Possibility. He shares insights on the transformative power of music, passion, and leadership. | Watch Benjamin's TED Talk.
- Srikumar Rao is the author of the best-selling books, Are You Ready to Succeed and Happiness at Work. He shares insights on discovering your purpose and plugging into your hard-wired happiness. | Watch Srikumar's TED Talk.
- Leroy Chiao is an astronaut and entrepreneur. He shares enthralling stories and photos about space as he addresses technology, space exploration, and the power of changing your perspective. | Watch Leroy's TED Talk.
- Jill Bolte Taylor is an author and brain scientist. She recovered from a stroke, rebuilding her brain from the inside out, and wrote The New York Times best-selling book, My Stroke of Insight. | Watch Jill's TED Talk.
- Haiyan Wang is an expert on global strategy and the co-author of the books, Getting China and India Right and The Quest for Global Dominance. She shares insights on globalization and emerging economies. | Watch Haiyan's TED Talk.
- Vijay Govindarajan is a strategic management expert, the best-selling author of the book, Beyond the Idea, a world-renowned professor, and a Thinker50 Global Business award-winning expert on strategy and innovation. | Watch Vijay's TED Talk.
- Warren Berger is a journalist, innovation expert, and the best-selling author of the book, A More Beautiful Question. Warren believes the most creative, successful people are expert questioners. His TED talk reveals the four key steps to innovation. | Watch Warren's TEDx Talk.
- Helder Guimarães is the world champion of card magic. He is enthralling as he combines magic and insights on the power of deception and the wonder of coincidences.
- Ramez Naam is a leading expert on innovation and disruptive technology who spent 13 years at Microsoft leading teams on AI, big data, and internet search. His TEDx talk on human connection and communication as enabled by emerging technology will have you optimistic and excited about our shared future. | Watch Ramez's TEDx Talk.
- Sheryl Connelly is the Manager of Global Trends and Futuring at Ford Motor Company, where she helps company leadership track, analyze, and predict consumer and lifestyle trends that will impact their industry. | Watch Sheryl's TEDx Talk.
- Mike Rowe is the former host of the hit Discovery Channel TV series, Dirty Jobs. He tells always compelling and sometimes horrifying real-life job stories that reinforce the importance of hard work and how it’s sometimes been unjustifiably belittled in modern society. | Watch Mike's TED Talk.
- We all struggle to make the best decisions possible. But what if we could make every important decision with the help of the smartest people in the world? Sound impossible? Surprisingly, we can all access the collective wisdom of hundreds or even thousands of people who together are as smart as any expert advisor. Lior Zoref, former VP of Microsoft, researcher, author, and crowdsourcing expert, discusses this and more of the topics covered in his best-selling book, Mindsharing: The Art of Crowdsourcing Everything. | Watch Lior's TED Talk.
- Philip Mudd was as the first Deputy Director of the National Security Branch (NSB), the former Deputy Director of the CIA’s Counterterrorist Center at the CIA, and the senior intelligence advisor at the FBI. In his TEDx talk, Philip Mudd discusses thinking backwards to solve problems versus traditional methods, and he uses his experience in counterterrorism to prove these methods work. Mudd spent 25 years in the federal government working on national security issues, especially counterterrorism at the CIA, FBI, and White House. He left government in 2010 and now speaks, writes, consults, and teaches. His most recent book, The HEAD Game, a guide to critical thinking and problem solving, was published in 2015. He appears frequently on CNN as the network's counterterrorism analyst, and he speaks to universities, law enforcement officials, and companies about issues such as decision-making and national security | Watch Philip's TEDx Talk.
- Anjali Kumar is a Brooklyn born, first generation Indian American author, advisor, attorney, and “idea acupuncturist”. During her career as an attorney, she was the Founding General Counsel and Head of Social Innovation at Warby Parker, a transformative lifestyle brand offering designer eyewear at affordable prices while leading the way for socially-conscious businesses. Anjali has been featured as a keynote speaker at TEDX, and in November 2017, she spoke at TEDWomen. Her “beautiful inspiring, and funny” talk, entitled My Failed Mission To Find God—And What I Found Instead, based on her book, Stalking God: My Unorthodox Search For Something To Believe In, has been watched by over two million people from around the world and translated into over a dozen languages. | Watch Anjali's TED Talk.
- Dr. William W. Li is a world-renowned speaker, physician, scientist, and New York Times best-selling author of the Amazon #1 best-seller, Eat to Beat Disease. An international expert on health and disease fighting based on diet, lifestyle, and treatments that keep the body’s blood vessels in balance, he is CEO and President of the global nonprofit Angiogenesis Foundation. An internationally sought-after speaker, Dr. Li is among an exclusive group of global change-makers who have been selected to address the Vatican at its Cellular Horizons and Unite to Cure conferences, aimed at improving global health. Dr. Li has captivated and inspired audiences at Fortune 100 companies, the National Institutes of Health, the Milken Institute, and numerous academic, government, corporate, clinical, and general public audiences around the world. His TED Talk “Can we eat to starve cancer?” is considered one of the most riveting talks of all time and has been viewed more than 11 million times. | Watch Dr. Li's TED Talk.
Want to see more of our TED Talk speakers and TEDx speakers?
- Explore more of the most popular TED Talk speakers that Leading Authorities speakers bureau represents for speaking engagements.
- Or browse through our complete list of TED Talk speakers to uncover even more speaker options for you consider for your next meeting.
BOOK A TED SPEAKER FOR YOUR MEETING
If you are interested to learn more about any of these talented and versatile keynote speakers, or if you'd like to check their availability and speaking fees for an upcoming event or meeting, reach out to our team!