Douglas Goldstein: What is an eFuturist?
- Globally recognized healthcare strategist, CEO, and "Practical Futurist"
- Co-founder of 1-800-DOCTORS, serving 11 million people with doctor information services
- Author of the “Medical Internet” column for Managed Care Interface Magazine and four healthcare management books
- Guides the world's leading healthcare organizations in performance improvement through technology, alliances, and distinctive innovation
Play Video View Fees
Douglas E. Goldstein is a globally recognized healthcare strategist, CEO and "Practical Futurist." He is a sought after keynote speaker and author of the recent publications Quality, Patient Safety and Cost Effectiveness through Leadership and Technology, Become Your Own ConsumerMDTM: The Guide to Avoiding Painful, Costly, and Deadly Medical Errors and Healthcare Informatics 20/20: Quality and Safety through Collaboration and Open Solutions.
As President of Medical Alliances, Inc. Douglas Goldstein guides the world's leading healthcare organizations in performance improvement through technology, alliances and distinctive innovation. He has been the strategist and developer of cutting edge projects including: Ascension Health Exchange - the Knowledge Transfer Strategic Initiative of Ascension Health, e-Strategy for the Veterans Health Administration, Medformation.com for Allina Hospitals and Clinics (Best of the Best Hospital Web Sites - Modern Healthcare Magazine 2000) and Health Adventure (a 1998 Smithsonian-Computerworld nominee). He also has led the development of Jazz the DreamDogTM, (www.dreamdog.com) a groundbreaking multi-media children's edutainment brand.
Douglas Goldstein is the Internet columnist for Managed Care Interface Magazine, where he pens the "Medical Internet" column. He has served as founder, Chairman and CEO of Health Online, Inc., a rapid growth Web services company, and he was a co-founder and vice president of 1-800-DOCTORS (1800DOCTORS.COM), a doctor information and appointment service that has served 11 million people. In addition to the recent publications he is the lead author of five Internet Best of the Net Online Guide books (McGraw Hill) and four respected healthcare management books:
- Best of the Net Online Consumer Guide to Health and Wellness
- Best of the Net Online Guide to Personal Finance and Investing
- Best of the Net Online Guide to Healthcare Management and Medicine
- Best of the Net Online Guide to Business Guide to Financial Services
- Best of the Net The Online Business Atlas
- Building and Managing Effective Physician Organization
- e-Healthcare: Harness the Power of Internet e-Commerce & e-Care
- Alliances: Strategies for Building Integrated Delivery Systems
- Medical Staff Alliances: Building Successful Alliances with Your Physicians