Is there such a thing as "good bragging"? | Henna Pryor | TEDxWilmingtonSalon
Henna Pryor, PCC
- Clients call her the "secret weapon for impossible change," an honor she wears proudly. Known for her ability to improve the performance, habits, and actions of hungry high achievers – in her fun, no-nonsense, no-jargon way – to move them from their first level of success to their next one.
- Her talks blend 2 decades of work with corporate leaders and teams as an advisor in the staffing industry, with a modern, science-based approach to taking more strategic risks and being braver in the work that we do.
- A favorite of global powerhouses including Google, Workday, FIS Global, and Johnson & Johnson - including leaders, sales teams, women's groups, and more. She's also been featured in Forbes, Real Simple, and Fast Company.
- Her first book, "Good Awkward: How to Embrace the Embarrassing and Celebrate the Cringe to Become the Bravest You," will be published in September 2023.
Play Video View Fees
Henna Pryor, PCC is a highly sought-after Workplace Performance Expert and an award-winning 2x TEDx and global keynote speaker, virtual presenter, team facilitator, and professional executive coach. Her clients call her their “secret weapon for impossible change,” an honor she wears proudly.
She does not accept excuses, and believes that the very qualities that have led high achievers to their current success are precisely what hold them back from even greater levels of accomplishment and personal fulfillment. She is known for her ability to improve the performance, habits, and actions of hungry high achievers – in her fun, no-nonsense, no-jargon way – to move them from their first level of success to their next one.
An accomplished speaker and trainer, she has been invited to speak twice for TEDx - in New York City and Wilmington, DE - and brings her expertise to a variety of global organizations including Google, Workday, FIS Global, and Johnson & Johnson. She has also been featured in articles for media including Forbes, Real Simple, Fast Company, and more.
Henna founded Pryority Group to realize a vision that transformational speaking, coaching, and performance growth workshops shouldn’t be limited to the C-Suite, and because she believes the key to most people’s success is leaning into awkwardness a little more and worrying about stinking a little less. (She might just have you do both.)
Throughout a 14 year career in staffing, Henna broke multiple records and successfully matched over 1,000 finance and accounting professionals into new opportunities, with companies ranging from early-stage startups to Fortune 500 global organizations. While there, she won Rookie of the Year, Performer of the Year, and was a perennial top 10% performer, earning the attention of several publications, podcasts, and more.
She graduated with honors with a BS in Finance from the University of Delaware and her MS in Accounting from University of Virginia. She also earned her Coaching Certification from American University and achieved her Professional Certified Coach (PCC) credential through the International Coaching Federation.
She’s also a lifelong learner – she’s been studying human behavior and performance for over 2 decades and loves to bring a fresh energy to business practices and conversations. She also loves traveling the world with her husband and 2 kids and spoiling the Cavapoo puppy that she swore she never wanted (and now can’t get enough of).
Awkward and Upward! How awkwardness can be your greatest asset for taking more professional risks.
- As ambitious professionals and organizations who are hungry to meet our potential, we need to take risks at work.
- Risk-taking sounds good in theory, but most of us have a hard time moving from wishful thinking to execution. Why? Because when we have a chance to take a risk in the moment, we feel awkward - and that awkwardness bumps up against our deep desire for others to approve of us and what we do. As it turns out, it’s what we improve in the face of taking risks -- often despite others’ judgment -- that leads to the greatest growth. After all, the fastest path to major improvement comes from strengthening what’s weak, rather than what’s strong.
- Join Workplace Performance Expert, Henna Pryor, and learn why conditioning for awkward is your secret weapon for strengthening your risk-taking muscle - and how to do it right.
The Changing Psychology of Influence in 2023 and Beyond - and How It'll Transform Your Business.
- In this new era, the new psychology for influence, inspiration, sales, and revenue growth has changed and we need to take a new approach to persuade our employees, earn new customers, increase referrals, and maximize opportunities for partnership and repeat business.
- If you've ever found yourself facing resistance to your ideas - you're not alone. Even when we have a great idea that will affect enormous change, we don't always get the reaction - or action - we're hoping for.
- We spend the majority of our energy making our ideas and changes more compelling, more interesting, more attractive -- pouring on the fuel -- that we don't consider the frictions that are working against us.
- In this interactive session, join Workplace Performance Expert, Henna Pryor, to uncover and explore the 4 main reasons why people resist change, and more importantly, how to overcome them to leverage the NEW psychology of influence, so we can move our ideas, initiatives, team members, and mission forward.
Addition by Subtraction: The 4 Hidden Secrets to Increasing Engagement and Reducing Burnout
- Employees today are not the same employees of 5 years ago. Between shifts in personal priorities, information overload, and an abundance of choice, our high-performing team members are different, and we need to be different. We need an updated approach to retain and engage employees, reduce burnout, and do more with less.
- If you've faced resistance to your engaging through challenging times - you're not alone. Even when we carefully plan to improve morale and build excitement, we don't always get the reactions - or actions - we're hoping for.
- The problem? We spend the majority of our energy making our ideas and changes more compelling, more interesting, more attractive -- pouring on the fuel -- that we don't consider the frictions that are working against us, and removing these frictions is a can't-miss element to boosting our workplace performance, reducing burnout, and reengaging our highest performers.
- In this interactive session, join 2x TEDx Speaker and Workplace Performance Expert, Henna Pryor, to discover how the key to solving our engagement and burnout issues doesn't lie in adding more solutions, but surfacing and subtracting the hidden obstacles to that success. You'll walk away with a fresh toolkit to address the 4 main reasons your top performers hit performance walls AND a fresh strategy for addressing workplace performance blocks and creating a culture of sustainable excellence, now and in the future.
Managing Uncertainty + Finding Action in a Time of Change: How to Optimize Performance in Stormy Weather.
- We've all learned in the last few years that the only thing that's certain is uncertainty. With change being inevitable, we need a toolkit for how to not only endure those changes as they're happening, but to use them to position ourselves for growth and find ourselves stronger on the other side.
- In this powerful session, the audience will learn concrete strategies for navigating any professional change - from a new boss to a massive restructuring to global organizational shifts - and leave with a set of 5 action-oriented tools to make navigating any professional change feel easier.