McChrystal Group Leadership Forum Video
Leadership Consultant Group
- Intensive training and focused workshops for leading teams through complex environments
- A special operations simulation to highlight high-stakes teamwork
- Experience the “team of teams” approach to overcoming barriers to communication and decision making
- Flexible, highly-tailored add-ons that inject energy and actionable takeaways to any keynote
Play Video View Fees
McChrystal Group is an elite advisory services firm that aims to build adaptable teams capable of solving the world’s most complex leadership challenges. The firm’s diverse mix of professionals from the military, intelligence community, academia, and private sector are charismatic presenters and can speak with authority about leadership, management, and helping organizations of all kinds become more adaptable.
General Stan McChrystal founded McChrystal Group to apply lessons learned in the battlefield to corporate America. In 2003, when he took command of the Joint Special Operations Task Force, he quickly assessed that conventional military leadership approaches were failing. Al Qaeda in Iraq was a decentralized network that could move quickly, strike ruthlessly, and seemingly vanish into the local population. The allied forces had a huge advantage in numbers, equipment, and training—but none of that seemed to matter.
To defeat Al Qaeda in Iraq, General McChrystal and his colleagues discarded a century of conventional wisdom and remade the task force, in the midst of a grueling war, into something new: a network that combined transparent communication with decentralized decision- making authority. The walls between silos were torn down. Leaders looked at the best practices of the smallest units and found ways to extend them to thousands of people on three continents, using technology to establish a oneness that would have been impossible even a decade or two earlier. The task force became a “team of teams”—faster, flatter, more flexible—and beat back Al Qaeda.
After retiring from the military in 2011, General McChrystal and like-minded colleagues explored how they could capture their learnings from counterterrorism and translate them into the private sector, based on the premise that businesses today are experiencing parallels to what General McChrystal and his colleagues faced in the war theater.
Through its work as an advisory services firm, McChrystal Group now applies these lessons to American business through leadership and management consulting engagements, keynote speeches, executive training sessions, and multi-day classes.
Leading Through Crisis
Times of crisis require leaders to energize, focus, and equip their teams with practical and actionable guidance on how to lead through uncertainty. Partner with McChrystal Group subject matter experts to leverage a tailored, remote webinar solution that will provide advice from McChrystal Group leaders with experience in crisis management, the opportunity to reinforce your organizations cultural values, and help for your leaders to navigate their organizations while under pressure.
- Webinar 1: Leading in Crisis - General (ret.) Stan McChrystal reflects on practical leadership tactics in crisis from his experience commanding the US Counter-terrorist forces while facing a failing fight against Al Qaeda in Iraq.
- Webinar 2: Bridging the Organization - How to identify communication gaps and create effective channels and forums.
- Webinar 3: Motivating Remote Teams - How to energize and motivate remote teams by utilizing a strategic combination of language, story-telling, and consistent leadership behaviors.
- Webinar 4: Develop a Prioritized Plan - How to identify and prioritize critical objectives and activities, coordinate with agencies involved, and build robust contingency plans.
- Webinar 5: Pressure-Testing the Plan - How to test the critical assumptions inherent in any plan. This is an essential step before empowering individuals to execute.
- Webinar 6: Leadership for a New World - General (ret.) Stan McChrystal reflects on the requirement for new disciplined processes, an in-depth understanding of how your organization actually functions, and a different approach to leadership as we lose the human dynamics of in-office collaboration
Living the “Team of Teams” Story. In dynamic, highly-tailored workshops the McChrystal Group goes beyond an ordinary keynote to allow audiences to experience first-hand what it takes to become an effective leader and build high-performing teams. In their signature, hands-on special operations simulation, the audience takes on the responsibilities of a special force agent, working to solve challenges while maintaining effective communication in a high-stakes environment. High levels of customization allow for concrete take-aways and actionable, industry-specific insights that inject energy into any meeting. With a variety of program offerings- from leadership development to focused workshops and tailored industry partnerships- and experience with companies spanning from Fortune 500 execs to small tech start-ups, the McChrystal Group makes a great addition to any program.
Click one of these resources below for another way to find more speaker ideas for your audience.