Adaption and Change in Global Governance
- President of the Paris Peace Forum and Brunswick Europe Chair
- Among the top 50 of the world’s leading thinkers in a recent poll by the British magazine Prospect
- Ranked among the 100 most influential thinkers of the “Though Leaders Map 2015”
Play Video View Fees
Pascal Lamy is the President of the Paris Peace Forum and Brunswick Europe Chair.
He shares his other activities between the Jacques Delors think tanks (Paris, Berlin, Brussels), the presidency of the UNWTO ethics of tourism committee, of the French Committee of the Pacific Economic Cooperation Council (PEEC), and the Musiciens du Louvre orchestra (Marc Minkowski). He also holds positions in various French, European, and global boards or advisory boards ( Mo Ibrahim Foundation, IFPRI, CERRE, TMEA, Transparency International, Alpbach Forum, Beijing Forum, World Trade Forum, WEF global risks, Europaeum, Collegium international etc.). He is affiliate Professor at the China Europe International Business School CEIBS, Shanghai, and at HEC (Paris).
From 2005 to 2013, Pascal Lamy served for two terms as Director General of the World Trade Organization (WTO). He previously was European Commissioner for trade (1999-2004), CEO of Crédit Lyonnais (1994-1999), Chief of Staff to the President of the European Commission Jacques Delors and his G7 sherpa (1985-1994), Deputy Chief of Staff to the French Prime Minister (1983-1985) and to the French Minister for Economy and Finance (1981-1983).
He presents in both English and French.
- Global economy
- Global priorities, global governance
- Trade and trade related issues
- Ethics of globalisation
- Regional integration (Africa, Asia, Latin America, with specific focus on Africa)
- Global health issues
- Development (theory and practice)