Maddy Dychtwald: Mills College Panel Discussion
$20,001 - $35,000*
$20,001 - $35,000*
$20,001 - $35,000*
Maddy Dychtwald is a nationally-recognized author, speaker, Age Wave co-founder, and leading expert on the changing demographic trends—both generation-related trends and gender-related trends—shaping the marketplace, the workplace, and our lives.
Having spent almost thirty years investigating and forecasting lifestyle, marketing, and retirement implications of the age wave, she has also emerged as an authority on the economic ascent of women, including its impact on various industries--financial services, healthcare, and consumer marketing.
Maddy has spent more than 30 years investigating and forecasting lifestyle and market trends of older adults and the 79 million Baby Boomers. Building on this knowledge, she has recently emerged as a renowned authority on the rising economic influence of women and their impact on industries, ranging from financial services and healthcare to consumer marketing.
She has led numerous studies on the subject of women, power, and finances, including “Women & Financial Wellness: Beyond the Bottom Line” for Bank of America Merrill Lynch, “Women, Money, and Power Study” for Allianz, and “A New Era of Women and Financial Planning” for LPL Financial.
A high-impact speaker, Maddy has addressed more than 300,000 business and social service leaders worldwide for large organizations and big-name corporations, such as Blue Cross of California, Chevron, Direct Marketing Association, Fidelity Investments, Lincoln Financial, LPL Financial, Global Women Leadership Network, Mastercard, National Association of Educators, Network of Executive Women, and the World Future Society.
She is regularly featured in prominent media publications, including Bloomberg Businessweek, Forbes, Newsweek, TIME, U.S. News & World Report, and she frequently appears on national media outlets, such as Fox Business News, CNBC, and NPR. She is an ongoing contributor to The Wall Street Journal’s Retirement Expert Panel, where she had the top wealth-management expert post for 2017 based on reader traffic. She is also a popular contributor to The Huffington Post, ThirdAge.com, and caring.com.
Maddy has written multiple books on the economic ascent of women, including how it will transform financial services, healthcare, and consumer marketing. Her newest book, INFLUENCE: How Women’s Soaring Economic Power Will Transform Our World for the Better, explores how women are the major change agent of the decade to come. Maddy also wrote the book, Cycles: How We Will Live, Work, and Buy, which was awarded the 2004 "Book of the Year Award" from the National Community Colleges Association, and she co-wrote an illustrated children’s book on personal reinvention, entitled Gideon’s Dream: A Tale of New Beginnings.
Maddy co-founded Age Wave, the nation’s foremost thought-leader on population aging trends and their profound business, lifestyle, and cultural implications. The company provides breakthrough research, award-winning communications, and results-driven marketing and consulting initiatives to more than half of the Fortune 500. During her career, she has inspired hundreds of thousands of business leaders worldwide with her entertaining multi-media presentations that combine provocative information with exciting imagery.
Together, with her husband Dr. Ken Dychtwald, Maddy recently received the prestigious Esalen Prize for outstanding contributions to advancing the human potential of aging men and women worldwide. Maddy is also a founder of the non-profit organization Women Against Alzheimer’s and serves as a board member of the BrightFocus Foundation, which funds early stage research to eradicate diseases of the brain and eye. She is also a founding member of the XPRIZE Alzheimer’s Braintrust gearing up to globally crowdsource innovation solutions to end Alzheimer’s disease.
Maddy is passionate not just about longevity as a demographic phenomenon, but living a long life with good health, vitality, and purpose. She is personally focused on fitness, eating well, and meditation—and traveling the world with her family. A graduate of New York University, Maddy has been married for 30+ years and has been a working mom living in the San Francisco Bay Area for much of her adult life.
How The Age Wave Will Transform The Marketplace, The Workplace, & Our Lives.
Increasing longevity, declining fertility, and aging baby boomers are triggering an enormous “Age Wave.” This demographic tsunami has the potential to create ground-breaking marketplace and work/talent opportunities—and equally compelling social and financial challenges.
This informative, motivating, and entertaining presentation will explore:
- How will people use their newfound “longevity bonus?”
- Why will the “cyclic” life plan replace the traditional “linear” model?
- How will aging boomers change established paradigms of work, leisure, learning, and retirement—as well as lifetime brand loyalty?
- What’s the most effective way to market and sell to “middlescent” boomers wishing to enrich the quality of their lives, while forestalling aging?
- Why is managing a four-generation workforce the new diversity mandate?
Re-Visioning Retirement: New Timing, New Purpose, New Planning, & New Funding.
Everyone’s retirement clock has been reset as a result of the recession. But highly acclaimed Age Wave research reveals a surprising finding: This could be a good thing, for individuals, the consumer marketplace, and financial planning professionals.
This presentation will explore:
- Why financial “peace of mind” has become far more important than “wealth” in the new American dream?
- How women’s rising financial power is transforming their attitudes and behavior toward money, their family dynamics, and the field of retirement planning?
- How the adult life-stage demands of eldercare, sibling care, grandparenthood, singlehood, and retirement will dramatically impact retirement preparation and funding?
- We’ll also discuss the products, services, and guidance people now seek from financial professionals to safeguard a successful retirement while avoiding the five retirement “wildcards” that could shatter their dreams.
The Cure For Our Aging Healthcare System.
Whether we live long lives with vitality and purpose or sickness and suffering will depend to a great extent on our ability to reshape the skills, services, and incentives of our current healthcare system. This new presentation provides a visionary glimpse into the future, outlining the critical course corrections required to create healthy aging and productive longevity.
Topics to be covered include:
- Why we must accelerate the scientific breakthroughs needed to prevent, delay, and eliminate the horrific diseases of aging (such as Alzheimer’s)?
- Why training healthcare professionals to become “aging-ready” will both saves lives and money?
- How the boomers’ proclivity toward control, self-care, and connectivity can help make disease prevention and self-care a national priority?
- How new technologies and emerging community-based services can enable us to shift the healthcare focus from hospitals and nursing facilities to home-based care?
- Why establishing a humane and dignified approach to end-of-life care has reached a critical tipping point?
Optimizing Generational Diversity: 4 Cohorts Rethink Work, Money, Family, Retirement, & Success.
For the first time in history, four generations of active adults are simultaneously participating in the workforce and marketplace. Each has its own lifestyle values, attitudes about work and money, means of connecting and communicating, role models, and marketplace preferences.
This high-impact presentation will examine:
- What key social forces have shaped each generation and produced their distinct, core lifetime characteristics?
- What does each generation hope to get from—and give to—their jobs/careers?
- How do you manage and motivate each generation, from “encore” workers seeking stimulation and self-worth, to older workers looking for balance and purpose, to mid-career workers trying to reboot their enthusiasm for a longer and more demanding work life, to young workers struggling to enter the workforce during tough economic times?
- How does each measure success?
This presentation can focus on how to attract and retain valuable talent and enhance productivity through the creative use of flexible work arrangements, innovative learning, mentoring and sponsoring opportunities, sabbaticals, retraining, re-careering, flex-retirement, and creative compensation and benefits programs. Alternatively, it can orient toward the most effective ways to reach out to—and connect with—Millennials, Gen X'ers, Baby Boomers, and members of the Silent Generation.
Influence: How The Rising Power of Women Will Transform Money, Me, & The Marketplace.
We have reached a tipping point where a critical mass of women, bolstered by unprecedented levels of education, workforce participation, and escalating income are assuming more powerful roles in their family’s purchasing decisions. This is particularly true in the traditionally male-dominated sectors of financial planning, real estate, automotive, and technology. Yet most marketers don’t fully understand how today’s woman thinks, feels, cares, and buys and how women and men are increasingly partnering to make large purchasing decisions. Drawing on proprietary Age Wave research as well as dramatic insights from her landmark new book, Influence: How Women’s Soaring Economic Power Change Our World for the Better, Maddy Dychtwald explores how the ascent of women is transforming their relationship to their money, their mates, their families, their careers, and the marketplace.
Her presentation examines:
- The historic scope of women’s financial influence and their expanding monetary power
- The five things that all men need to know about marketing to influential women
- The key ways that women are transforming the workplace and leadership
- How they’re trying to use their increased clout to transform our world for the better
Maddy was fantastic. Her personal, interactive, and multi-media presentation style was an excellent role model for all speakers in this edu-tainment age. Her presentation injected new, powerful and provocative marketing paradigms into our business and inspired us greatly in our innovation drive.
Maddy gave more than a presentation. She offered an exceptional degree of intellect, passion and knowledge that was both empowering and contagious. Through various channels and methods, including PowerPoint, video clips, statistics, personal stories and genuine conversation, Maddy truly engaged our female leaders. It is clear that Maddy not only understands the political, business and socioeconomic factors that shape the world for women today, but she has a firm grasp of how those trends will evolve and impact our world in the future—and is ahead of the curve in recognizing them.
Maddy’s delivery was lively, informative and entertaining, and her remarks hit a bullseye…extremely relevant to our current marketing efforts. Excellent.
Fantastic presentation! Your incorporation of key Age Wave / Harris Interactive survey data from January was well received, and the interaction you promoted with the audience drove your points home.