New Book From Adventurer Erik Weihenmayer
“Chances are that at some point in our lives, we will all be tested.”
That’s how Erik Weihenmayer’s brand new book, No Barriers: A Blind Man’s Journey to Kayak the Grand Canyon, begins.
The world-class blind adventurer and best-selling author has a new speech based on the book, due out February 7th. It covers his incredible life so far, culminating in his journey to kayak the rapids of all 277 unforgiving miles of the Colorado River.
Moving, funny, and incredibly powerful, Erik talks about:
- How he went blind during his first week of high school and pulled himself out of the fear that followed
- Meeting the love of his life and marrying her on the side of Mt. Kilimanjaro
- The moment he became the first blind man to summit Mt. Everest
- How his Everest guide changed his life by urging him to not let climbing Everest be his greatest achievement
- How he found the drive, team, technology, and determination to make kayaking the Colorado River possible
“An inspiration to other blind people and plenty of us folks who can see just fine.”―Jon Krakauer, New York Time bestselling author of Into Thin Air
“No Barriers is amazing. Erik's story is an inspiration to all of us.” ―Mark Burnett, TV producer
To book Erik for your next event, please fill out the form below.