David Rowan: How technology will affect our future health and safety
- Chaired and moderated high-profile events for the UK and French governments, international banks, and Fortune 100 businesses
- Has contributed to GQ, Conde Nast Traveller, The Times, and The Guardian
- Shares takeaways on emerging technologies and the ways they are disrupting major industries
Play Video View Fees
David Rowan is a technology expert and the former editor-at-large of Wired magazine’s UK edition, Conde Nast's award-winning technology-and-innovations magazine that stays ahead of the trends transforming businesses.
In his role as editor of Wired UK, he traveled extensively to investigate the companies and entrepreneurs who are changing our world, and his Wired cover stories included long features on Google, WhatsApp, LinkedIn, Spotify, and Facebook.
As a speaker, he has keynoted on technology, business, and innovation themes from Melbourne to Monaco, and has chaired and moderated high-profile events for the UK and French governments, for Google Zeitgeist and TED Global, and for international banks, and Fortune 100 businesses.
His most recent awards include Techmark Technology Journalist of the Year, DMA Editor of the Year, and British Society of Magazine Editors' Editor of the Year.
He has written regular columns in GQ, Condé Nast Traveller, The Times, and The Guardian. He has wide newspaper experience as an editor, including editing The Jewish Chronicle and The Guardian's websites and comment pages; has made TV films for Channel 4 News; and has written long features for The Telegraph Magazine, Sunday Times Magazine, and Observer. At Wired, he extended the brand into conferences, apps, and a consulting arm.
- How To Survive & Prosper In A World Of Exponential Technologies
- What You Can Learn From The Smartest People In Silicon Valley
- The Internet Of Things, Big Data, & Artificial Intelligence: Why The Rules Of Business Just Changed
- What Gamification Means For Business Advantage
- How To Create A Culture Of Innovation
- Ten Technology Megatrends You Can't Ignore
- What Big Data Means For Your Business
- Technology Megatrends That Will Transform The Hospitality Industry, Finance Industry, Insurance Industry, Travel Industry, & Media Industry
- The opportunities Of D Printing & The New "Maker" Culture
Click one of these resources below for another way to find more speaker ideas for your audience.
I wanted to thank you for your time to moderate the G8 Innovation Conference on 14 June. You set the tone for the day perfectly, engaging the audience and steering the presenters through a very full agenda. The feedback from the day has been overwhelmingly positive, which is largely due to your dynamism, good humour and professionalism. The team here and I are extremely grateful for the part you played in making the day a success and helping to put innovation on the G8 agenda.
Thank you for a brilliant performance. Feedback from the Unilever client was exceptionally positive. After three full days at the event when asked the question about the highlight of the event a large number of them cited your presentation. That's pretty impressive.
Thank you for joining us and sharing your insights at the Urban Land Institute dinner. We received a lot of positive feedback. Indeed, your name was dropped many times during the conference the next day. Your visions into the future provoked much discussion and provided an excellent start to the event.