Neal Petersen- No Barriers!
- Completed a single-handed yacht race around the world in the smallest boat he designed and built himself
- Overcame racial prejudice during the Apartheid era in South Africa, poverty, and a childhood physical disability
- Motivates audiences to turn set-backs and barriers into opportunities in the face of adversity, a high energy and fully engaging presentation style.
Play Video View Fees
Transform your organization by turning set-backs and barriers into opportunities.
How do you navigate forward, deal with constant wind shifts, sudden storms, conquer fear, isolation, while dealing with an ever present changing world? Neal Petersen takes audiences on a captivating journey around the world, using his remarkable life-story and shows, by example, that you can achieve your goals by turning set-backs and barriers into opportunities ~ with the right attitude and ability to foster innovation, build stronger teams, adapt under pressure, and cultivate a mind-set that focuses on no barriers ~ only solutions!
History-making extreme adventurer, Neal Petersen completed two amazing journeys in his life: a single-handed yacht race around the world, 27,000 miles, 9 months at sea, alone, around Cape Horn, and in the smallest, least funded, yacht he designed and built himself. And an even more arduous and eventful trip of overcoming racial prejudice during the harsh Apartheid era in South Africa, poverty, and a childhood physical disability, just to make it to the start line!
Neal inspires organizations to foster innovation, build stronger teams, adapt under pressure, and cultivate a mind-set that focuses on solutions!
Petersen brilliantly connects his remarkable story to audience’s unique challenges, a theme or vision with dramatic stories of adversity, sheer determination and triumph. His presentations redefine courage and human potential.
With high energy, passion and fully engaging presentation style, Neal’s audiences are spellbound from the moment he walks onstage, until he departs - leaving them with a fresh perspective on turning disadvantages into advantages.
Neal carries a treasure chest on stage, and in it symbols of how he reached his dream by always turning barriers into opportunities, then into solutions.
Using examples of how he overcame insurmountable barriers is compelling and highly entertaining. Neal demonstrates how success is realized—through innovation, balancing risk against return and being flexible enough to adapt to constant shifting winds. In these challenging times of uncertainly, fear and insecurity, many feel like solo sailors, adrift, grasping for survival. Neal lays out the importance of a clearly communicated vision, followed by detailed planning, preparation, passion and then execution.
He has challenged global audiences to prevail against their own formidable barriers and setbacks while igniting passion and a mind-set to never give-up!
This story of hope, resilience, and accomplishment is truly inspiring and reflects a powerful message that "in life there are no barriers, only solutions!"
"There are No Barriers ~ Only Solutions!"
Why Neal Petersen
- Neal’s keynote is a powerful multi-sensory experience using a treasure chest with symbols of turning barriers into solutions and for larger productions thunder, lightning and fog.
- US fees are inclusive of travel -clients know all costs upfront.
- Always mindful of client budgets, Neal never invoices for add-on expenses
- Neal’s impact continues off stage, he remains engaged with audience members attending social activities, book-signing, one-on-one conversations, group activities adding value for your investment.
- Having visited over 100 countries and lived in 5, Neal appeals to diverse audiences.
- Neal is sure to give your event the WOW it needs. His passion and uniquely delivered life-story are the ideal open or close. Audiences are quickly riveted and remain so until he exits. Neal can drive home any message seamlessly and will leave your audience refocused and reenergized, ready to tackle the challenges ahead.
In these challenging times of uncertainty, fear and insecurity rise, many feel like solo sailors, adrift, grasping for survival. Neal lays out the importance of a clearly communicated vision and direction, followed by detailed planning, preparation, passion and execution using his remarkable personal story.
Neal's life-story addresses adversity, diversity, leadership, team work, motivation, crisis, innovation, change, planning & preparation - then execution and the courage to embrace fears.
Take away values:
- Neal carries a treasure chest on-stage and in it are examples of how he turned barriers into opportunities to achieve his dream and empowers others to turn baggage into treasures.
- Innovate - how to capitalize on ever changing winds storms.
- Change - adapt to wind shifts and stormy seas by knowing when to alter course.
- Leverage economic challenges to your advantage - keep pumping, choose a winning course and navigate to your advantage.
- Attitude adjustment - refresh your vision - There are No Barriers ~ Only Solutions!
- Elements of success include determination, perseverance, hard work and passion.
- With hope and planning, a dream can become a reality - anything is possible.
- Life is about choice, with choice are consequences ~ choose your course wisely.
The Power of Positive Attitude & How It Affects Performance - Neal has always defined himself by what he can imagine – rather than how others would define him and how he sustained his dream in the face of numerous barriers is compelling.
The Importance of Realizing Goals: Perseverance & Determination - Overcoming fear and facing danger and the unknown has been central to how Neal approaches his goals and his life. Audiences will walk away understanding the validity for direct correlations between perseverance, determination, passion and dedication to achieve any goal.
With Choice There Is Consequence - Neal’s impact transcends age, gender, and race to promote the creation of leaders, life-long learners, and individuals who are mindful of the consequences their choices will have on personal, familial, community, and generational levels.
Change Is Constant: It’s How You Play the Cards – Audiences will understand that you have to address the possibility of failure if one wants to achieve great things. His message will connect with audience members’ experience facing challenges – sales quotas for instance – that may seem formidable at first – until imagination, innovation and passion are applied.
Neal can facilitate Q&A, stimulating leadership/break-out programs - post keynote and book-signings and will be engaged with audience members until he leaves for the airport = great ROI.
Click one of these resources below for another way to find more speaker ideas for your audience.
The theme of our 2015 summit this year was “Owning Your Possibilities” and we could not have had a better opening keynote speaker than you, Neal Petersen. Our attendees were on the edge of their seats as you took them on a journey of how you broke barriers to own your possibility and reach your goal. They appreciated that you were able to correlate the challenges you faced to our business needs so that they could make the connection and that you spent the entire day with them and were willing to share your knowledge with them. Thank you for your engagement, for sharing your story and for inspiring us to Own Our Possibilities!
It is rare that I am asked by my senior management at IBM to immediately hire a keynote speaker when he is barely off the stage to give another keynote speech the following week - but that is in fact what happened with you, Neal. And I want to thank for the extraordinary presentation you gave in San Diego to 8,000, but for the follow up presentation you gave in Barcelona to another 5,000 with virtually no prep time as well. I truly was in awe of the spirit you drove into the audience and how you made your own journey so very relevant to every person in both locations. You were nothing short of a genius!
Our security team advised me that we had to shut it down with well over 200 people still in line after your inventory ran out which I believe was well over a thousand books. That is just a record at our events - even with some famous athletes we have used in the past. You generated the highest ratings and most positive feedback I have seen in many years of running WW events in this division.