- CEO of global consulting firm with employees in 23 cities across 7 countries
- Advised leaders from top companies Apple, Microsoft, Goldman Sachs, and Wells Fargo
- Looks for competitive advantage by embracing change and disruption while breaking free from old business models
- Allows audiences to let go of their industry biases and pivot towards innovation
Play Video View Fees
Founder and Group CEO of Karrikins Group, Peter Sheahan is internationally known for his innovative business thinking and thought leadership. With over 120 staff, in more than 23 cities, across seven different countries, Sheahan knows firsthand the challenges of growing a business in the rapidly-changing marketplace.
Peter, and his firm Karrikins Group, have worked with some of the world’s leading brands, including Apple, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, Hyundai, IBM, Pfizer, Wells Fargo, and Cardinal Health. He is the author of seven books, including business best-sellers Flip, Generation Y, Making it Happen, and Matter.
Peter has delivered more than 2,500 presentations to over 500,000 people in 20 different countries around the world. He has been named one of the "25 Most Influential Speakers in the World" by the National Speakers Association and is the youngest person ever to be inducted into their industry Hall of Fame.
VIRTUAL OFFERINGS: Growing in Uncertain Times. In times of economic and social crisis, there is opportunity. With the current isolation caused by COVID-19, Peter Sheahan is offering highly customized virtual experiences in three formats – a virtual keynote, a virtual interactive workshop, or an on-demand video series – on the following topics:
- Growing in Uncertain Times: Turning Challenges into Opportunity and Change into Competitive Advantage. Stimulating a culture of growth amidst uncertainty begins with leaders taking ownership for their changed reality, unleashing an ambition that drives their team forward, and aligning their people to the new ways of working necessary to create value in the current environment. In this case-study rich session, Peter Sheahan will unpack how to balance the need for prompt action with the need to maintain the capacity, capability, and engagement required to make the most of the massive opportunities that inevitably emerge from crisis. And he will explore the unique application of these insights in a mostly virtual world.
- High Performance in a Virtual World: Maintaining a Culture of Accountability and High Engagement in the Face of COVID-19. Culture is a science, not an art. With the right mindset, team dynamics, and environment, a leader can intentionally curate a culture of accountability, innovation, and high engagement. Doing so remotely presents unique but surmountable challenges that can be overcome by creating a setting for your team where it’s psychologically safe to ask for help, behave in new ways, and pursue progress over perfection. The truth is people don’t really know how to work together as effectively virtually, and collaboration, productivity, and well-being are all known to suffer when we get it wrong. Using real-world examples, Peter will unpack a blueprint for driving high performance and apply it directly to the new ways of working we must all embrace as a part of social distance based norms.
- Leading with Intentional Optimism: Make the Shift from Defense to Offense and Seize the Opportunities in Disruption. Leaders must be pragmatic in the face of the real challenges presented by Covid-19, however at some point they must choose whether they are going to create their future reality or passively accept their fate. Intentional Optimism is a new way of leading that unleashes the agency and influence we all have over our reality and combines the importance of pragmatism with the power of boldness to position ourselves to make the most of opportunity. Participants will explore their own leadership archetype and learn how to avoid the dangers of cynicism over skepticism and dreaming over optimism. The outcome will be the intentional amplification of optimism at a time we need it most.
ACCELERATED GROWTH: Building Organizations & Teams Capable of Sustaining Growth Through A Culture of Innovation, Courageous Leadership, & Aligned Individuals.
As the cliché suggests, you are either growing or you are dying. But in today’s marketplace, it’s no longer about growing or not. It is about growing faster today than we did yesterday, and doing so in spite of the larger base we now operate. In this engaging, case-study rich session, we will unlock the keys to accelerating growth in your team and your organization in order to:
- Help you understand the difference between arbitrary double-digit growth targets and true ambition
- Define the levers you can pull to create a growth-enabled culture defined by innovation, excellence, and accountability
- Provoke you to reflect on the critical role you play as a leader to unleash the necessary appetite for intelligent risk-taking and action orientation required for growth
- Introduce you to the three critical questions required to ensure market relevance and position your organization for accelerated growth
- Orient your thinking towards alignment and the reduction of friction inside your organization
MATTER: Finding Opportunity In Disruption To Create More Value & Become The Obvious Choice.
As the pace of commoditization accelerates and the emergence of technological disruption threatens our existing business models, we must find ways to remain relevant and differentiated in the hearts and minds of our customers. This inspiring, case-study rich session will show you how to find opportunity in disruption to reverse the downward spiral of commoditization, participate actively in innovation rather than allowing it to be something happening to you, and matter more to your customers than your competition.
This journey will require that you:
- Understand the difference between value creation and value extraction
- Move towards the very disruption that challenges you and your customers
- Elevate your impact in the five critical dimensions that clients and customers value most during times of rapid change
- Elevate your perspective by learning at the ‘Edge of Disruption’ and becoming a thought leader in the business models of tomorrow
- Elevate your relationships to position you not just as a trusted adviser but as a strategic partner for your customers
- Act in a way worthy of your desired leadership position
FLIP: How To Turn Challenge Into Opportunity & Disruption Into Competitive Advantage.
The fact that the world is changing is not new to anyone. The more important question is: What do we need to do in the face of change? How do organizations respond meaningfully to it? Whether you are dealing with disruptive technology, shifts in customer expectations, or changes in regulation, as a leader you must apply an innovative approach to effectively navigate disruptive forces.
In this provocative, research-based session, Peter will inspire you to:
- Embrace change and break free from thinking that made you successful in the past but could undermine your success in the future
- Re-think competitive advantage and leverage intangibles to manufacture tangible points of difference in your market
- Improve your margins by driving non-sexy innovation and finding new ways to innovate across the value-chain
- Turn chaos into opportunity by leading the market in response to new regulation, customer expectations, and technological disruption
- Take the intelligent risks required to innovate and drive change within your organization and industry
Peter Sheahan could light a small town with energy, enthusiasm and insight. He combines deep practical knowledge with unending passion for both his subject matter and his audience. In my 10+ years of speaking with executive-level audiences, I find Peter to be unsurpassed in his ability to engage senior executives. Peter can draw out of your people answers to questions they did not know they had. That, and even more powerfully, he will have them question the very answers they come up with in a way that reveals an even deeper level of insight and understanding. Whether he is presenting or facilitating, Peter is clearly world class educator.
Thank you so much for a great session – all the reactions were ‘awesome, amazing, and inspirational’. The only thing we’d do differently next time would be to book you further in advance so we have you present on the first day of our event – you set a great tone and really energize and inspire. Brilliant. We will have you working with BP again soon.
First off, thank YOU for rocking our group in Pebble. They LOVED YOU! You are awesome—personally, a delight and a gentleman, and professionally, the real deal. Your content, delivery, and engaging manner was just what the doctor ordered.
Thank you for reaching back out. Post-forum warp-up has been a bit crazy. I am reviewing Peter’s video as we speak. He was OUTSTANDING! Very, very good feedback on him. He was also a pleasure to work with and his preparation was apparent. He really did his homework. He was quite impressive and has such great stage presence and delivery. Couple that with outstanding content and examples and we really had a winner.
You've been an absolute wonderful partner, adjusting to our transitions and pivots along the way, and leading by example continuous learning. Brilliant. Agile. Trusted. Confidant. Integrity. Inspiring. These are some of the attributes I use when describing your contribution to AT&T University and LwD, and beyond. Thank you for what you have brought us... It is corporate life changing for AT&T!
Topics & Types
Founder of two billion dollar startups-- Kayak & Travelocity, Author, and Venture Capitalist