Keynote Speaker Brent Gleeson - Promo
- Former Navy SEAL combat veteran who applied his discipline and battlefield lessons to the world of business
- Founder and CEO of TakingPoint Leadership, a progressive leadership and management consulting firm with a focus on business transformation and building high-performance cultures
- Best-selling author of TakingPoint: A Navy SEAL’s 10 Fail Safe Principles for Leading Through Change, which was a #1 New Release on Amazon in Organizational Change and Business Structural Adjustment
Play Video View Fees
Decorated Navy SEAL, successful businessman, and world-renowned speaker Brent Gleeson provides a revolutionary approach to navigating and leading change in the workplace.
Gleeson is a Navy SEAL combat veteran with multiple tours to Iraq and Africa. Upon leaving SEAL Team 5, he turned his discipline and battlefield lessons to the world of business and has become an accomplished entrepreneur, author, and acclaimed speaker on topics ranging from leadership and building high performance teams to culture and organizational transformation. He writes about these leadership philosophies in weekly columns on Inc.com and Forbes.com.
Gleeson is the founder and CEO of TakingPoint Leadership, a progressive leadership and management consulting firm with a focus on business transformation and building high-performance cultures. With degrees in finance and economics from Southern Methodist University, certificates in English and History from Oxford University in England, and a graduate business degree from University of San Diego, his extensive experience is both academic and real-world in nature. Among many awards for business leadership, Gleeson was named one of the “Top 10 CEOs” by Entrepreneur Magazine for his exemplary approach to building high-performance teams in business.
Between his experiences in the SEAL Teams and building award winning organizations that have topped the Inc. 500 list of fastest growing companies, Gleeson has become a business transformation expert. He is the bestselling author of TakingPoint: A Navy SEAL’s 10 Fail Safe Principles for Leading Through Change, which was a #1 New Release on Amazon in Organizational Change and Business Structural Adjustment. TakingPoint highlights his ten-principle program all leaders and managers will need to lead change and achieve winning results in the twenty-first century business landscape. With a strong emphasis on communication, culture, engagement, accountability, trust, and resiliency, Gleeson’s methods have helped hundreds of companies around the world transform the way they think about change.
He has also starred in several reality shows including NBC’s Stars Earn Stripes where he and Chris Kyle of America Sniper along with other special operations professionals were paired with celebrities to compete and raise money for charities like Wounded Warrior Project.
Gleeson is on the executive board of the SEAL Family Foundation and his family is an Ambassador Family for March of Dimes. He is married with three wonderful children.
VIRTUAL OFFERINGS: Building High-Performance Teams – Improving Leadership, Culture, and Employee Engagement. Disruption is no longer just a buzzword. It is an existential threat to your customers, your teams and your business. Despite this new, virtual, work-from-home battlefield, full of new challenges and opportunities, the show must go on. Brent and TakingPoint Leadership have developed virtual service offerings that are guaranteed to motivate and engage your remote teams! Our inspirational keynote presentations, facilitated workshops, and high-impact development programs provide organizations a collaborative environment for cross-functional teams to gain alignment around key business objectives.
- 1-Hour Virtual Keynote. Decorated Navy SEAL, world-renowned speaker and award-winning entrepreneur, Brent Gleeson shares his revolutionary approach to leading through change in the workplace. Brent has created a powerful roadmap for today’s existing and emerging leaders and managers to improve their ability to successfully navigate the murky waters of uncertainty.
- 1-Hour Virtual Keynote + 1-Hour Virtual Breakout Session. Lead your team into and through this new reality by equipping them with the same tools and techniques used by Navy SEALs, Fighter Pilots & other elite military units. Learn how they Define objectives by creating a clear and concise message, Develop goals using a proven framework, Deliver results leveraging a weekly cadence, and Debrief to drive growth through continuous improvement.
- Strategic Planning Session. Our team will work with you step-by-step in a completely virtual environment setting the ground rules for engaging virtual teams. This is not a simple webinar providing basic theory. Instead, it's a pragmatic approach to align, define and assign team members from different functions, geographies, time zones, and levels in a highly collaborative environment driving accountability and focus.
- Planning & Debriefing. This is a collaborative design process that ensures both short and long-term plans and objectives are clear, concise, measurable and time-bound. We call this the D4 Methodology (Define, Develop, Deliver, Debrief). Participants are guaranteed to leave with an executable plan.
- Stop-Start-Continue Exercise. Our time-bound facilitated SSC workshops are designed to bring teams together around a predetermined objective including identifying behavioral norms, defining organizational structure, or outlining key actions required to achieve company goals. The virtual workshop facilitation provides an opportunity for team alignment and collaboration. Participants leave with a prioritized list of items a company/team needs to stop doing to be successful, start doing to hit goals, and continue to do because it’s working.
TakingPoint: Principles For Building A High-Performance Culture. Former Navy SEAL combat veteran, Brent Gleeson, turned his discipline and battlefield lessons to the world of business and has become an accomplished entrepreneur, best-selling author, and acclaimed speaker on topics ranging from leadership and building high-performance teams to culture and organizational transformation.
In his presentation, Gleeson will provide actionable principles for leaders and managers to use in leading an organization through change and provide inspirational stories and key insights into how leadership and employee engagement affect productivity and performance. Through the disciplines of leadership at all levels, aligning culture with strategy and results, and accountability, the audience will leave with actionable insights for improving performance, engagement, and productivity to achieve winning results.
Maximum Performance Through Trust, Teamwork & Accountability. In this presentation Brent draws connections between how high performance teams in any environment can leverage trust, teamwork and accountability to achieve their goals. He provides tools for improving trust that have a measurable economic impact on any organization. He also dives into how building a culture of accountability can have game changing effects and drive a team to achieve more than they ever expected to.
Leadership Lessons For Elite Teams. This presentation is specific to leadership at all levels. Brent compares stories from the battlefield, the lessons learned, and how those lessons apply to leadership at any level across any type of organization or team. Brent talks about how to build a culture of leadership, servant leadership, adaptive change management, and much more. The audience will leave with at least three key takeaways that they can start applying to their personal and professionals lives immediately.
Crushing Your Goals & Achieving The Impossible. This presentation is designed to motivate teams at all levels and across any type of organization. Brent shares stories from combat and talks about teamwork, persistence, adaptation, sacrifice, and how elite teams really achieve success and win. The audience will leave with at least three key takeaways that they can start applying to their personal and professionals lives immediately.
Leading Change: A Navy SEAL's Principles for Navigating Organizational Change. In today's more volatile, unpredictable and complex business environments businesses can find themselves in almost constant states of change. But more change initiatives fall short or fail due to a lack of leadership alignment, the proper culture founded on accountability and trust and poor discipline. In this presentation Gleeson provides actionable principles for managers to use in leading an organization through change.
Prioritizing People Culture and Values to Achieve Results. People, culture and values often have a reputation for being a "soft" element of management's priorities and not directly tied to improving profitability. Yet, many studies show that leading with culture makes an organization stronger, more resilient and much more profitable. Gleeson shares correlations between SEAL culture and high performance teams in business and how prioritizing people, culture and values drives a company to achieve better results.
Building High-trust Organizations that Achieve Winning Results. Productivity, income and profits of any organization can be directly negatively or positively impacted depending on the levels of trust within the team. Trust is one of the most critical elements of a strong team culture that gets results and successfully navigates change. In this presentation, Gleeson shares the seven principles for building high-trust organizations: Integrity of Leadership, Investing in Respect, Empowering Everyone, Accountability for All, Creating a Winning Vision, Keeping the Team Informed, and Embracing Sacrifice.
Click one of these resources below for another way to find more speaker ideas for your audience.
Brent got great reviews and standing ovations at both meetings. Thanks so much for the excellent recommendation. We would definitely like to use him again next year for other divisions