- As Chairman and CEO of Hewlett-Packard from 1999-2005, HP doubled revenue to over $80 billion, quadrupled the growth rate to 6.5 percent, and tripled innovations to 15 patents a day
- First Woman to Lead a Fortune 20 Company
- Carly shares her proven leadership playbook that audiences can apply to transform their own business. Her keynotes outline strategies that facilitate growth, teamwork and effective problem solving.
- Bestselling author with three books including Tough Choices, Rising to the Challenge and Find Your Way.
Carly Fiorina is a true leader and a seasoned problem solver. Her mission is to inspire, equip and connect individuals and teams to seize opportunities, face challenges, and accelerate impact in their communities.
Carly shares her leadership experience and approach to problem solving in a variety of ways. In addition to her regular speeches to students, businesses and non profits, she is the founder and Chairman of Carly Fiorina Enterprises, which counsels companies to create an equitable workplace culture, build high-performance teams, and teach the fundamentals of leadership, and of Unlocking Potential Foundation, a non-profit organization that invests in human potential by supporting local leaders who are solving problems in their communities and places of work.
Carly's experience spans from secretary to CEO, from public to private, and from for profit to non profit. She started out as a secretary for a 9 person real estate business and eventually became the first woman ever to lead a Fortune 50 company. Under Carly's leadership at HP, revenue grew, innovation tripled, growth quadrupled, and HP became the 11th largest company in the U.S.
After leaving HP, Carly focused her efforts on giving back. Prior to Unlocking Potential, she served as the Chairman of Good360, and as Chairman of Opportunity International.
From Secretary to CEO: A Transformative Story of Leadership. Solving problems, effectively empowering employees, and driving results are the expectations of today’s leaders, at all levels and in every sector.
In a powerful, pragmatic presentation, Carly shares her transformative career story: from secretary for a nine person real estate business, to becoming the first woman to lead a FORTUNE 50 company, as the CEO of Hewlett Packard.
She delivers reflections and lessons learned from a journey on which she solved the problems in front of her and unlocked the potential of those around her.
Based on her own renowned experiences, and with an innate ability to help others reach their highest leadership potential, Carly imparts how leaders can be clear eyed about their current state, optimistic about their future, and deliberate about getting the results they want.
Building a High-Performance Culture: Lessons from a High-Profile Assignment. As CEO of Hewlett Packard, Carly Fiorina successfully tackled complicated business challenges strategic focus, product innovation, and mergers and integration all during the dot.com boom and bust and the worst technology recession in 25 years.
The company’s success can be attributed to Carly’s invaluable foresight: for HP to survive, she had to transform its complacent culture into a dynamic, innovative environment that would enable the company to become the industry leader.
From her renowned leadership of HP, Carly shares her personal account of what it takes to create a high performance culture. She openly discusses navigating a challenging path filled with hurdles like major acquisition, integration, and transformational change.
For today’s organizations who are forced to adjust in an incessantly volatile business environment, she provides a blueprint for navigating uncertainty, managing change, and building a high performance culture all critical keys to empowering and driving results.
Unlocking Potential: Leaders Exist Everywhere. Throughout her career, Carly Fiorina has developed leaders and problem solvers in nearly every sector, from for profits and non profits, to faith based communities and academia.
She believes that leadership is not about an impressive title or possessing the corner office, but about effectively solving problems and unlocking the potential of those around you.
Productive members of today’s workforce are increasingly interested in professional growth and development through their surrounding communities, and companies in every industry must provide the tools and resources to meet these very practical needs and foster tomorrow’s leaders.
Based on her work leading the Unlocking Potential Foundation, Carly delivers a powerful presentation that inspires, empowers, and connects employees at every level.
She shares her proven leadership philosophy, which is based on a set of human behaviors and characteristics that everyone can develop and deploy, as well as a set of practical tools that enable effective problem solving.
Diversity in Today’s Workplace: More than a Nice-to-Have; It’s a Must-Have. Today, more than ever, a successful workplace must be comprised of teams with innovative, diverse perspectives who are empowered to solve their sector’s most challenging problems.
- Ethically diverse organizations are 35% more likely to outperform their peers, and companies in the top quartile for gender diversity are 15% more likely to have financial returns above their respective national industry medians. But, traditional diversity training is unlikely to foster such a productive environment.
- Carly Fiorina shattered the glass ceiling by cultivating diverse teams, from top to bottom. She achieved success and solved the critical problems directly ahead of her only by surrounding herself with a myriad of perspectives and empowering her diverse teams to drive real change.
- Carly’s commanding presentation on diversity is built on her direct experience and personal knowledge that to grow, learn, and solve tough problems, you must invite new perspectives to the table.
- Diversity is absolutely a must-have for your bottom line, and you have to role model that belief for your team: you must hold yourself and your team to a higher standard, and must be challenged.
Learning from Our Past: Linking History to Today. History can and should be strategically leveraged to help us navigate today’s extremely turbulent times. Instead, too often, we romanticize history, confusing nostalgia for the real thing. Or, we compartmentalize the past and focus only on those aspects that serve a particular rhetorical or political purpose. Sometimes, we even place historic figures on a lofty pedestal that renders them both un human and un real, and we cannot expect to emulate what is out of reach.
But, when we combine knowledge and experience about what works in the real world with the principles and ideals upon which our country was founded, then change is possible. This interplay between practicality and ideals is America’s story; practicality and idealism are our gifts to the world.
It’s imperative that we distill practical, real world fundamentals from our founding ideals of the past, and apply to our present.
With her deep understanding of history, Carly Fiorina offers an insightful assessment of how to, and what we can learn from, our past. She connects historic events and figures to the current complex issues confronting both our nation and the world.