Global Economist, Author, & Investor in the Future
- An influencer of key decision-makers in investment and public policy, respected for unique perspectives, balance of thinking with measured judgment, and ability to turn economic insight into ideas
- Recognized as one of the "100 Most Influential People in the World" by TIME magazine, and was named to the World Economic Forum's Young Global Leaders Forum
- Her work regularly appears in renowned economic and finance-related publications, such as the Financial Times, Wall Street Journal, Barrons, and Harvard Business Review
Dr. Dambisa Moyo is a preeminent thinker, who influences key decision-makers in strategic investment and public policy. She is respected for her unique perspectives, her balance of contrarian thinking with measured judgment, and her ability to turn economic insight into investible ideas.
Dambisa has earned a strong reputation as a top-tier opinion former and trusted advisor on macroeconomics, geopolitics, technology and millennial themes. She is a board member of 3M Company and Chevron. She holds a doctorate in Economics from Oxford, a Masters from Harvard, and is recognized for fresh and innovative ideas as the Author of four New York Times bestselling books:
- Edge of Chaos: Why Democracy is Failing to Deliver Economic Growth and How to Fix It (2018)
- Winner Take All: China’s Race for Resources and What It Means for the World (2012)
- How the West Was Lost: Fifty Years of Economic Folly and the Stark Choices Ahead (2011)
- Dead Aid: Why Aid is Not Working and How There is a Better Way for Africa (2009)
Dambisa was named to the list of TIME magazine’s 100 Most Influential People in the World; has published in the Financial Times, Wall Street Journal, Barrons, Harvard Business Review and has travelled to 80 countries. In her spare time, she runs marathons, practices pilates and is an amateur boxer.
Click one of these resources below for another way to find more speaker ideas for your audience.