Daniel Burrus: Hard and Soft Trends
- Founder of six successful businesses
- Predicts and harnesses change to accelerate growth
- Consulted for top companies including Google, Microsoft, and GE
- Helps audiences develop the foresight to identify trends
Play Video View Fees
Daniel Burrus is considered one of the World’s Leading Futurists on Global Trends and Innovation. The New York Times has referred to him as one of the top three business gurus in the highest demand as a speaker.
He has delivered over 2,800 keynote speeches worldwide, and is a strategic advisor to executives from Fortune 500 companies, helping them to develop game-changing strategies based on his proven methodologies for capitalizing on technology innovations and their future impact. His client list includes companies such as Microsoft, GE, American Express, Google, Deloitte, Procter & Gamble, Honda, and IBM.
Burrus is also a featured writer with millions of monthly readers on the topics of innovation, change and the future for CNBC, Huffington Post, and Wired Magazine to name a few.
He has been the featured subject of several PBS television specials and has appeared on programs such as CNN, Fox Business, and Bloomberg, and is quoted in a variety of publications, including Harvard Business Review, The all Street Journal, Financial Times, Fortune, and Forbes.
Burrus is an innovative entrepreneur who has founded six businesses, four of which were national leaders in the United States in the first year. He is the CEO of Burrus Research, a research and consulting firm that monitors global advancements in technology driven trends to help clients profit from technological, social and business forces that are converging to create enormous, untapped opportunities.
His accurate predictions date back to the early 1980s where he became the first and only futurist to accurately identify the twenty technologies that would become the driving force of business and economic change for decades to come. Since then, he has continued to establish a worldwide reputation for his exceptional record of predicting the future of technology driven change and its direct impact on the business world.
The Anticipatory Organization: A Proven Model to Predict Change & Create Extraordinary Results: With his Anticipatory Organization Model, Burrus enables business leaders to separate Hard Trends from Soft Trends. When you learn to analyze and perceive trends this way, it is possible to tap into what Burrus calls Everyday Innovation, solving challenges faster, and recognizing previously invisible opportunities.
Mastering these capabilities will position your organization to be the disruptor instead of being the disrupted — thus creating competitive advantage, and reducing risk.
This eye-opening and motivating presentation will teach attendees the key components of the new core competency—anticipation—and show them how to apply it to their work and life, which will accelerate both their organization’s growth and their personal success. Other notable deliverables include:
- Identify the Hard Trends that will happen, predict disruptions before they disrupt, and capitalize on emerging opportunities.
- Separate Hard Trends—trends that will happen—from Soft Trends—trends that might happen
- Learn the benefits of Everyday Innovation, solving challenges faster, and recognizing previously invisible opportunities.
- Accelerate your organization’s growth and your employee’s personal success.
Accelerating Growth: Leading with Strategic Foresight & Certainty: Accelerating growth requires a new way of thinking about overcoming obstacles and acting on new opportunities. All too often, change comes from the outside in, forcing us to react by slipping into a crisis management mode, and putting out fires. This presentation is about opportunity management, identifying the driving forces of predictable change, driving growth strategies from the inside out, and taking control of our future.
This eye-opening and motivating presentation will teach attendees how to be prepared to capitalize on the next wave of technological change and:
- How to overcome obstacles and act on new opportunities
- Avoid change being driven by a crisis management mode & “putting out fires”
- Develop the ability to identify the driving forces of predictable change
- Drive growth strategies from the inside out
Through personal insights, practical examples, and research-based principles, attendees will learn to act on the changes that are affecting the future of education and gain a renewed excitement and passion for the contribution they can make, all while redefining their roles as 21st century educators.
Business Process Transformation: The Big Ideas That Are Changing Everything: Daniel Burrus takes the concept of looking into the future and transforms it into a new paradigm for running an Anticipatory Organization using the new tools of innovation for driving business process transformation. The Cloud, Virtualization, Mobility, and Machine-to-Machine Communications (M2M) are the great enablers allowing organizations to transform every business process in ways that were impossible just a few years ago to dramatically reduce costs and drive new revenue streams.
In his transformative presentation, Daniel Burrus teaches how to anticipate the revolution
of dematerialization, advanced virtualization, cloud services, mobility, IoT and a host of other game-changing technologies using his proven Hard Trend Methodology. Additional actionable insights…
- Accelerate growth by gaining new levels of agility and speed
- The power of data-infused internal processes
- Identifying cutting-edge utilities to transform functionality
- Transform the underlying business processes of how you sell, market, communicate, collaborate, innovate, train and educate.
Leading with Strategic Foresight and Certainty: Agility and adaptability are no longer enough! Accurately anticipating customers changing needs and technological change, provides the biggest advantage. In times of unprecedented change and uncertainty, we need to ask ourselves what are we certain about? Strategies based on uncertainty equal high levels of risk. Strategies based on certainty dramatically reduce risk and produce superior results. Strategic foresight is based on the new Science of Certainty that will take your vision to a new actionable level by identifying the events that will happen in the future. Mastering these capabilities will position your organization to be the disruptor instead of being the disrupted.
- Accurately anticipating customers changing needs, as well as technological changes
- Strategies based on certainty dramatically reduce risk and produce superior results
- Learn how to use the new tools and rules of leadership to accelerate profitable growth
Accelerating Innovation: Using Hard Trends and Exponential Technology: Technology is continually changing the rules of competition, rendering many traditional business strategies and processes obsolete. Emerging technologies provide opportunities for creating new, high margin products and services, as well as enable companies to gain new levels of speed, agility and cost savings. In addition, they allow us to de-commoditize current products and services.Identifying and understanding the challenges and opportunities that new technologies create has become a key business imperative, however, this can prove a daunting task in the modern marketplace.
In this eye-opening presentation, New York Times bestselling author Daniel Burrus identifies specific technologies that will directly impact you and your industry. He will share how dematerialization, virtualization, advanced mobility, product intelligence, advanced networking, interactivity, globalization and convergence can be used to drive innovation and advantage as you develop new products, services and customer experiences. Additional deliverables include…
- Identifying emerging technologies relevant to your business/industry
- How to leverage these technologies to sustain long-term growth
- How to transform decision-making to incorporate innovation
Using Hard Trends to Turn Disruption and Change Into Opportunity and Advantage: Technology-driven exponential change has created a unique tipping point, one filled with disruptive problems as well as amazing new opportunities. There are many new tools and strategies that can be used to transform the customer experience, grow brand loyalty in amazing new ways, increase consumer engagement, and accelerate the results. By learning to separate the Hard Trends that will happen from the Soft Trends that might happen, you can accurately anticipate technology-driven disruptions before they disrupt, problems before they happen so that you can pre-solve them, customers’ needs before they express them, and game-changing opportunities before the competition. Mastering these capabilities will position your organization to turn digital disruption and change into an advantage.
- How to overcome organizational obstacles and act on new opportunities
- How to position your organization to turn digital disruption and change into an advantage.
- Identify problems before they happen so that you can pre-solve them, customers’ needs before they express them, and game-changing opportunities before the competition.
- Develop the ability to identify the driving forces of predictable change
Transforming Retail With Strategic Foresight and Certainty: There are new tools and strategies that can transform the customer experience, grow brand loyalty in amazing new ways, increase consumer engagement, and accelerate the results of omnichannel marketing. What do Apple, Warby Parker, Amazon, and a host of other e-commerce brands that are opening retail brick-and-mortar stores know that most retailers don’t know? The good old days of retail are ahead of us. By learning to separate the Hard Trends that will happen from the Soft Trends that might happen, you can accurately anticipate technology-driven disruptions before they disrupt, problems before they happen so that you can pre-solve them, customers’ needs before they express them, and game-changing opportunities before the competition. Mastering these capabilities will position you and your organization to turn disruption and change into an advantage.
- How to identify Hard Trends encroaching on retailers
- Finding marketing channels embedded in e-commerce
- Transforming brand communication practices
- How to accurately anticipate customer needs before they express them
Transforming Healthcare With Technology-Enabled Innovation: We are standing at the base of a mountain of technology-driven change within the sphere of Healthcare. Wireless telemedicine, point-of-care transactions, e-enabled disease management, home diagnostics, the virtual hospital, e-enabled customer choice, e-enabled assisted living e-communities of practice, just-in-time training, and procurement service providers are just a few of the many areas that can be used to accelerate a positive transformation in healthcare. Understanding the new opportunities that will result is essential in determining a clear course of action. Technology will never replace doctors and nurses, but it will provide them with more data-driven insights and actions. A combination of data and technology will enable doctors to achieve their desired results faster, and empower patients with the knowledge of their own bodily state. Navigating these Hard Trends will lead you to the future of modern healthcare in a digital age.
In this innovative and thought-provoking presentation, Daniel Burrus guides the audience through the seemingly infinite development of Healthcare innovation. Despite the vast resources and contributions to the fields science and technology, there is still great opportunity in this industry…which also indicates that there is room for disruption. Burrus will provide the concepts needed to anticipate the coming change in pharmaceuticals, medical computing, and consumer health technology that will position you and your organization as a future leader in this space.
Valuable insights include…
- The role of Healthcare in mass digital transformation
- Solutions for tomorrow’s personalized patient experience
- Technology’s impact on Health Care administration-
- Avoiding disruption amongst Healthcare tech production
- If you don’t do it, someone else will.
Click one of these resources below for another way to find more speaker ideas for your audience.