David Kidder Sizzle Real
- Co-founder and CEO of Bionic (Inc. 120) pioneer in enterprise growth mindset, transformation, and capability designed to unlock new growth and competitiveness for the world's largest enterprises
- Two-Time New York Times best-selling author New to Big, The Startup Playbook, and The Intellectual Devotional Series
- Experienced 4X entrepreneur, founder, and angel investor in over 40 companies awarded EY Entrepreneur of The Year ® (2008)
- 10+ years speaking throughout the world on the topic igniting growth revolutions in enterprise - the growth mindsets, innovation, and transformation - revealing his revolutionary insights for installing a permanent-growth capability inside any company: The Growth Operating System ®
Play Video View Fees
An experienced entrepreneur, advisor to Fortune 500 leaders, best-selling author, and active angel investor with more than 40 investments, David S. Kidder has dedicated his life and work to ignite growth in the lives of people and organizations, help identify their proprietary gifts, and solve the greatest challenges of our time. In 2013, he co-founded the Bionic startup to spark growth revolutions in large enterprises, and has spent the last decade speaking throughout the world on the topic of growth mindsets, innovation, and transformation – revealing his revolutionary playbook for installing a permanent growth capability inside any company: the Growth Operating System.
A keynote by David Kidder is an experience like none other, and his message of becoming a refounder – rebuilding, resetting, and evolving with a founder’s mindset to create next-generation solutions – is more relevant than ever. His gritty, real-world experience as a four-time entrepreneur and active angel investor combined with his understanding of the priorities and pressures of Fortune 500 leaders ensures his presentations will leave your audience inspired to adapt a refounder mindset and ready to take action to become growth leaders. He is known to light up the room with energy, challenge your thinking with his particular brand of radical candor, and ultimately spark a new competitiveness and desire to go on offense and start disrupting, rather than being disrupted. Because while big used to eat little, fast now eats big.
As CEO of Bionic, Kidder leads the company comprised of fellow entrepreneurs and investors who have successfully pioneered a new enterprise growth capability that drives the Growth Mindsets and Systems that lead to new growth and transformation for the world’s most competitive companies. The company installs proprietary solutions, designed to unlock new growth and competitiveness for the world's largest enterprises, based on the models, methods, talent, and tools of venture capital and entrepreneurship to thrive in disruption. Prior to Bionic, Kidder served as the co-founder and CEO of three venture-backed startup, including Clickable, an online advertising software-as-a-service startup (acquired by Syncapse) and SmartRay Network, a mobile advertising pioneer (acquired by LifeMinders).
Kidder is an active angel investor in over 40 startups through his funds, Alt Option Return and the Bionic Fund, and a founding member and advisor to The Acumen Fund One Percent Fund, Venture for America, and YPO Global One. He has also served on the National Board of the Smithsonian.
He is also the creator and co-author of the two-time New York Times bestselling five-book series, The Intellectual Devotional, and The Startup Playbook. Kidder’s latest book, New To Big, provides a roadmap established companies to create like entrepreneurs, invest like VCs, and install a permanent operating system for growth.
A regular guest on podcasts and broadcast television interviews, Kidder has received many accolades for his expertise, including ID Magazine's International Design Award and Ernst and Young's Entrepreneur of the Year Award in 2008.
From New to Big: How to build an Always-On Growth
Organizational change doesn’t just happen. It takes a radical spark at a company’s highest level to ignite growth revolutions. It takes a radical spark at a company's highest level to ignite growth revolutions. In this keynote, David will discuss the growth mindsets, culture, and systems of the Bionic Growth Operating Model that leads to transformational outcomes in some of the largest enterprises in the Fortune 500. Bionic has pioneered the growth mindsets and scalable capabilities that are required for businesses to thrive through disruption. David will share the foundational ideas that empower an organization to rediscover its proprietary gifts, discovering and meeting the customers' new needs, and build an always-on growth engine at the highest organizational levels.
In this keynote, you’ll hear David speak about:
- The values that growth leaders must adopt
- What it means to move from “for” to “with.”
- The fundamentals of growth discovery
- How to get a growth mindset...by changing just one letter
- What makes an ambidextrous leader
- The new metrics of resilience
The Great Reset: How to Rebook and Refound Your Organization
Sometimes growth starts with a big reset. This keynote shares Bionic’s roadmap for how growth leaders can restart their entire organization--shifting from stagnant to radical, stakeholder to customer, impermanent to market-critical. David also presents the “re-founder mindset” necessary for leading this change, the importance of grounding leadership decisions in commercial truths, how and why a growth leader can embrace experimentation with a large portfolio of bets, and what it takes to reset your company to champion the customer, not the boardroom.
Some of the questions that David will answer include:
- How do I develop a re-founder mindset?
- How can I rediscover my organization’s proprietary gifts?
- How can outside forces unlock new customer needs?
- What does it mean to solve customer needs with
- rather than for customers?
- How can I create a permanent-growth culture, and how can I build
- the organizational capabilities to support it?
CUSTOM KEYNOTES AND TEAM ACTIVATIONS + WORKSHOPS
How to Shift from Existing-to-New Ways of Working
New ways of working need new ways of thinking. David reveals the mindset shifts that enable transformative ways of working, including becoming an ambidextrous thinker; turning from a Total Addressable Market (TAM) approach to a Total Addressable Problem (TAP) mindset, and ending the addiction to being right. It’s no longer enough for businesses to keep up with competitors; if they want to be truly disruptive within their industries, they must be willing to think new and work new.
- Activation Group: Depending on your audience, the Bionic team will personalize either a mindset sprint or a startup exploration workshop.
How to Discover New Business Models
Your business model has brought you a long way, but can it drive your company into the future? In this keynote addition, you’ll explore the necessity of re-validating your business model...and learn how to leverage lean methodologies to reshape that model for market permanence. This is your mandate as a growth leader: to be able to quickly reposition and remodel your business—and, potentially, your entire company—to meet your customer’s new, acute needs.
- Team Activation: After collaborative work to re-validate your customer’s needs, teams will run an exercise in identifying your company’s unique and powerful proprietary gifts.
How to Pivot and New Products to New Businesses
With this keynote addition, you’ll discover how to shift from making new products to building new businesses. You’ll explore the difference between incremental growth—like adding products, line extensions, or fresh packaging—and lasting growth, which creates entirely new business opportunities. David will reveal how to unlock these business opportunities by understanding the customers’ real behaviors and actual needs, shift from a TAM approach to a TAP framework, and reveal and deploy your business’s proprietary gifts for powerful market impact.
- Team Activation: A guided workshop that helps teams shift from insider out to outside in –TAM to TAP (Markets to Customer Needs). Understand case studies on bringing global organizations from TAM to TAP, explain the potential of a TAP mindset, and demonstrate how to calculate your business’s TAP.
How to Discover and Adopt New Disruptive Business Models
Your company has spent years building routes to market. You have big partnerships, big investments, and big acquisitions. But what if you could achieve product/market fit in faster, more efficient ways? This keynote addition focuses on building a positioned, strategic portfolio to run gritty, small experiments that de-risk your investments. You’ll learn how to build a culture of micro-experimentation and productive failure, look outside your organization for new partnerships and distribution channels, and radically disrupt your go-to-market strategy.
- Team Activation: A highly customized exploratory session to identify potential partnerships for your unique audience...and preemptively find solutions to any roadblocks that might appear.
David Kidder understands like nobody else what makes start-ups successful and how big companies can learn from them. If entrepreneurship is a new form of management, David is the Michael Porter of our era! Bionic has been instrumental in our quest to be a growth organization and master the "new to big" discipline.
Working with David Kidder and the Bionic team gives teams the energy, tools, and most importantly, the courage to innovate and scale growth.
Deploying David Kidder’s Growth Operating system at Citi was a game-changer. His powerful and compelling case for change hit home. Our leaders stepped into the urgent need to learn new skills and new ways of working in order to bring relevant new products and services to our customers.
With passion and unbridled candor, David and Bionic team deliver not just the “Growth Operating System tools” but the ability to spark a new way of thinking among ‘co-founders’ and provoking large Enterprises to very DO THINGS DIFFERENTLY. With energy and conviction, they break thru deeply ingrained, change resistant routines. And create change that is infectious and enduring.