Dorothy Martin Shares How to Turn Your Stress Into Success
- An expert in national policy in areas of workplace health, wellbeing, and mental health
- Helps people understand how to unlock wellbeing and turn stress into success to bring about the results they really want
- Leaves a lasting impact on her audience by sharing her own personal experience of burnout and the insights that transformed her life
Play Video View Fees
We all want more wellbeing and less stress in our personal and professional lives.
Many organizations allocate a great deal of resources to wellbeing programs, stress prevention plans and the development of resilient skillsets. But, despite all this effort, engagement and productivity stay low, relationships hinder progress, customer service suffers, innovation stalls, and chronic stress and burnout are becoming more and more common.
So, what is going on? Is the global epidemic of stress a sign of our times? Is it a product of 21st-century living? Or have our current approaches passed their sell-by date?
Dorothy Martin is an expert in national policy in areas of workplace health and wellbeing as well as mental health. She has consulted with organizations such as the NHS, John Lewis & Partners, M&C Saatchi, Dorchester Hotel, Regent’s University London and many more, and has received special recognition from the Mayor of London for her work on organizational wellbeing.
She is uniquely placed not only to answer these questions, but more importantly to help people understand how to unlock wellbeing and turn stress into success to bring about the results they really want.
Dorothy doesn’t teach techniques or strategies. She will not add to your ‘to-do’ list. She won’t even ask you to make any changes at work or in life. She invites you to look in a completely different direction – one that is completely overlooked and often missing in our current conversation about stress, mental health and wellbeing.
She asks important questions such as: where do stress and wellbeing really come from? She blends research and neuroscience with heart-warming stories to explain the mechanics of the human mind, challenging our beliefs and deeply ingrained ways of thinking. Most importantly, she makes it easy to use this knowledge to transform chronic stress into a doorway of opportunity to more wellbeing, productivity and extraordinary success.
A dynamic, passionate, and impactful speaker, Dorothy leaves a lasting positive impact on her audience by sharing her own personal experience of burnout – which she calls ‘the worst and the best time of her life’ – and the insights that transformed her life as well as the lives of the clients she works with.
After her keynotes, people often say: It makes sense! Why has nobody told us this before? She opens minds and hearts and helps people see that they already have all the resources they need to experience more wellbeing, find their own solutions and transform their stress into success.
HOW TO TURN STRESS INTO SUCCESS... IN THREE SIMPLE STEPS:
An informative, engaging and upbeat keynote to show you how stress really works and how you can harness the power of your mind to approach stress in a new way. In this empowering keynote, your people will:
- Discover attitudes to stress that keep people stuck in stress
- Find out why stress doesn’t have to be harmful
- Realise what triggers stress at work and home
- Know how to spot stress in themselves and colleagues
- Learn 3 actionable steps to turn stress into calm, clarity and success
EVERYTHING I LEARNT ABOUT BURNOUT ... AND HOW YOU CAN STOP IT HAPPENING TO YOU:
Most people don’t want to talk about their experience of burnout. I do. The insight it gave me profoundly changed my understanding of stress and how to deal with it – and I want to share what I learnt to help others. In this heart-warming talk your people will:
- Hear a real-life story of burnout
- Gain understanding of what burnout, depression and anxiety is
- What are the risk factors for above
- Learn how to stop burnout before it happens
- Be surprised by game-changing revelation and key factor in recovery
- Know how to take charge of your own health and wellbeing to create fulfilling career and life
This talk will help to open up dialogue between you and your people and encourage positive discussions about wellbeing in your workplace.
HOW TO UNLOCK YOUR WELLBEING... WITHOUT TO DO LIST:
Isn’t it interesting how we talk about wellbeing – but we focus on doing?
You probably have a tick list of actions to achieve better wellbeing and more happiness… but are you getting there? In this eye-opening talk, your people will:
- Discover what wellbeing really is
- See your own wellbeing from a new perspective
- Find out how to experience more wellbeing without tick lists
- Know how to stay well and be happy without so much effort
- Learn that they hold their own key to wellbeing
TAILORED WELLBEING TALKS ... DESIGNED FOR YOUR CONFERENCE OR EVENT:
I deliver tailor made keynotes talks on wellbeing, stress, resilience and mental health to suit your organisation. A bespoke keynote can cover:
- What is organisational wellbeing, resilience or stress
- Why it is important right now
- Evidence-based research with real-life stories
- Interesting props to engage the audience
- The importance of wellbeing at work
- Helpful tools, strategies and interventions
- How to measure wellbeing
- Outcomes and cost-effectiveness