Expert on Bitcoin and alternative currencies. Economic Historian, London School of Economics
- Ranked one of the most influential economists in the UK and Ireland by Citi A.M.
- Regularly appears on CNBC, BBC, NPR, and Sky News
- Worked for 15+ years for both start-ups and established companies
- Offers a comprehensive understanding of Bitcoin and alternative currencies
Dr Garrick Hileman is one of the world's most-cited researchers of cryptocurrencies and distributed ledger technologies. He received his PhD from the London School of Economics and is a researcher at the University of Cambridge, where he teaches on cryptocurrencies and distributed leader technologies. He is the author of the "2017 Global Cryptocurrency Benchmarking Study" (University of Cambridge) and the follow-on "2017 Global Blockchain Benchmarking Study" (University of Cambridge). He also created and published the CoinDesk “State of Bitcoin” and “State of Blockchain” reports from 2013-2016. He was ranked as one of the 100 most influential economists in the UK and Ireland and he is regularly asked to share his research and perspective with the FT, BBC, CNBC, WSJ, and other media. Garrick is currently the Head or Research at Blockchain. He also is part of the team that released a new stablecoin design called AAA and a co-founder of Mosaic, a decentralized market intelligence network.
- Cryptoassets and Blockchain Technology: Past, Present and Future
- Distributed ledger technology
- Virtual currencies
- Digital currencies
- Cryptocurrency (or cryptocurrencies)
- Alternative currencies
Click one of these resources below for another way to find more speaker ideas for your audience.