- Founded Coloring Outside the Lines, working with Fortune 500 companies such as PepsiCo and PNC Bank
- Author of three best-selling books on business strategy
- Gives energetic, insightful presentations on creativity, innovation, customer experience, and employee engagement
Play Video View Fees
Certified Speaking Professional, Jeff Tobe’s credentials are impressive. Insider Magazine dubbed him “the Guru of Creativity” and readers of Convention & Meetings Magazine chose him as one of the top 15 speakers in North America. He is a creativity and customer experience expert, professional speaker and bestselling author who works with companies and organizations who want to increase their bottom line by changing their customer experience and retaining great talent.
Tobe founded Coloring Outside the Lines in 1994 and since then has worked with hundreds of clients ranging from Fortune 500 companies to ones with less than 20 employees including Microsoft, PepsiCo, PNC Bank, Sonny’s BBQ and many more!
Jeff Tobe’s most requested programs focus on creativity/innovation, custumer experience, and employee engagement. His high-energy, high-fun, and high-content programs create the ideal presentation for any kind of corporate or educational forum.
His articles have been read in hundreds of publications and he is the author of the hugely popular book, Coloring Outside The Lines. He is the co-author of three other books and his newest book, ANTICIPATE: Knowing What Customers Need Before They Do, is quickly becoming one of the hottest business books on the market. He is also the creator of the Touch Point Focus initiative in which he helps clients re-examine their customer touch points.
Coloring Outside the Lines: Creating a NEW Customer Experience. This high-energy, participatory, humorous session has received outstanding reviews from diverse groups around the world. Certified Speaking Professional, Jeff Tobe, challenges you to step outside your comfort zone in positioning yourself more creatively than ever before. He provides the insight you require to give yourself the ‘competitive edge’ for which we all strive in your industry/profession today!
To be effective in today’s marketplace, you must force yourself to look at your organization’s EXPERIENCE from a different perspective.
Tobe is not just entertaining—he provides real ‘tools’ to creatively ENGAGING your internal and external stakeholder. With the push to competitive advantage in the marketplace, Jeff encourages people to stop competing on customer service!
He believes in the power of creativity to look at business from a new perspective and accept that customer service is no longer the bar that distinguishes us from our competitors. We now have to consider our internal and external customers' EXPERIENCES from the minute they make contact with us to the minute they are done!
Jeff encourages you to “start considering every one of your TOUCHPOINTS--those opportunities you or your people have to affect the customer/stakeholder experience. Allow people to ‘tweak’ their own touchpoints and, collectively, change the experience.
He addresses the concept of seeing the world through their eyes—from their perspective! Most important, his sessions are upbeat, interactive and FUN!
Let’s Get Engaged! In this brand new keynote or 1/2 day workshop, Certified Speaking Professional Jeff Tobe DOES NOT ask your audience to marry him! What he does is discuss commitment and how to get your people engaged at work every day. In his usual high-energy, high-humor and high-content style, Jeff walks audiences through the “Four Pillars of Engagement.” By the end of this session, participants will understand the power of engagement and motivation!
- Curiosity: Curiosity may have killed the cat, but it’s the one resource that the most successful organizations have discovered that they need to foster in their people. Curiosity leads to innovation and, as you already know, this is a passion of Jeff’s! To get people invested in our organization, we must encourage them to be more curious in looking for alternative solutions, being incredible problem solvers and in asking the right kinds of questions of their internal and external customers
- Commitment: This is not just commitment to the organization, its values and its vision, but it is a commitment to the internal and external customer experience. By making the leap from customer service to customer experience, an organization watches their people become more engaged, their customers become more loyal and their bottom line grow
- Accountability: Crises like the global financial meltdown are only a symptom of a much more damaging disease: the increasing unwillingness of business leaders and the institutions they represent to be accountable for their actions. At every level of the organization, people have to do more than WANT to be accountable—they have to act “as if.”
- Communication: Engagement starts and ends with open communication. A recent New York Times survey found that 78% of workers polled in diverse industries mentioned poor communication at the root of challenges with their managers, colleagues and with customers. What an amazing opportunity! Jeff shares techniques to make your people more aware of their communication and to give them the tools to better themselves. Join an elite 22% nationwide who DO get it!
Steve Jobs: The Lost Interview. In business, we usually hear stories from leaders and experts after the fact. “Here’s how I did
‘X’ and you can, too.” But what was cause and what was effect? It’s a common mistake to
reverse them. It’s rare that we can hear somebody explain…in great detail…with incredible candor…their philosophy and approach and then see the spectacular results that follow. Due to an odd twist of fate, one such opportunity is now available. We all know the story of Apple, today the most valuable company on the planet. But it grew from a company that was in ruins—just 90 days away from bankruptcy. Before anyone, including Steve Jobs, thought he’d rejoin Apple, let alone spark one of the most incredible journeys in the history of capitalism, Steve sat down with BBC interviewer Robert Cringely for a no-holds-barred 64-minute discussion. STEVE JOBS: The Lost Interview— facilitated by Certified Professional Speaker, Jeff Tobe—focuses on LEADERSHIP, HIGH PERFORMANCE TEAMS AND INNOVATION combined with Jeff’s expertise in customer experience!
Join customer experience guru, Jeff Tobe, M.Ed, CSP, in parsing the lost interview and extracting the leadership and innovation insights of Steve Jobs. Then, put these game-changing ideas and philosophies to work in your organization right now.
Click one of these resources below for another way to find more speaker ideas for your audience.