LindseyPollak |The Atlantic Video
- Named to the 2020 Thinkers50 Radar list for her work shaping the future of how organizations are managed and led
- NYT bestselling author and media commentator on and today’s unprecedented workforce for media outlets like The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, The TODAY Show, CNN, NPR and more
- Provides subject matter expertise, entertaining storytelling, and actionable, practical advice on how to navigate and thrive in the ever-changing world of work
Play Video View Fees
One of the world’s leading career and workplace experts, Lindsey Pollak is a New York Times bestselling author and advisor to both young professionals looking to succeed in today’s work environment as well as the organizations that want to recruit, retain, and engage them. She is passionate about helping individuals and organizations navigate and thrive in the changing world of work.
Named to the 2020 Thinkers50 Radar List, which honors the top 30 global management thinkers whose work is shaping the future of how organizations are managed and led, Pollak is exclusively represented by Leading Authorities speakers bureau. Often called a translator among generations, she provides a roadmap for the future of work, sharing her insights into how to lead an organization in today’s unprecedented workplace. Engaging audiences with her subject matter expertise, entertaining storytelling, and actionable, practical advice, Pollak offers a positive approach for organizations to optimize their multigenerational workforce, support diversity and inclusion efforts, and navigate the ever-changing workplace for success.
Pollak’s next book, a reaction to current global events and response to the COVID-19 crisis, is Recalculating: Navigate Your Career Through the Changing World of Work. Her previous book, The Remix: How to Lead and Succeed in the Multigenerational Workplace, was named a ‘Book of the Month’ by both The Wall Street Journal and Financial Times. Additionally, Pollak is the author of two career advice books for young professionals: Becoming the Boss: New Rules for the Next Generation of Leaders and Getting from College to Career: Your Essential Guide to Succeeding in the Real World.
Her speaking audiences and consulting clients have included over 250 corporations, law firms, conferences, and universities, including Aetna, Citi, Estée Lauder Companies, GE, Goldman Sachs, Google, Pfizer, Verizon, Yale, Harvard, Wharton and Stanford. Pollak’s advice and expertise have also appeared in such media outlets as The TODAY Show, The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, CNN, and NPR.
Pollak currently serves as a brand ambassador for HR tech company Cappfinity, and has served as an official ambassador for LinkedIn, a Millennial workplace expert for The Hartford, and chair of Cosmopolitan Magazine’s Millennial Advisory Board. In her philanthropic work, she serves as a board director of FourBlock, a national nonprofit that supports veteran career transition. She is a graduate of Yale University.
Recalculating: 5 Rules to Navigate Your Career Through the Changing World of Work. Imagine that moment when you’re driving a car and you make a wrong turn or miss an exit. Your GPS will glitch for a few seconds and then a robotic voice will say: “Recalculating.”
Thanks to the global pandemic, it’s as if every working adult on the planet is in our cars, hearing this voice, all at the exact same time. Even if the pandemic did not lead you to a major transition, you’ve likely spent the time making readjustments and pivots to keep up with the rapid pace of change in the world today. We are all Recalculators now.
Recalculating is no doubt a challenge—but it’s also an opportunity. That is the message of New York Times bestselling author Lindsey Pollak’s timely, inspirational and action-oriented presentation based on her brand new book, Recalculating.
With her signature combination of engaging storytelling, data-driven insights and immediately applicable advice, Lindsey will address such topics as:
- Adopting and maintaining a positive mindset
- Building a resilient personal brand
- Skilling and reskilling for the future
- Mastering the art of virtual communication
- Networking in the “new normal”
Attendees will leave this program with positive encouragement and clear steps to successfully recalculate and thrive in their own career and life journeys.
The Remix: How to Lead and Succeed in the Multigenerational Workplace. For the first time in history, five generations now share the workplace — the Traditional Traditionalists; Still-Booming Boomers; Xtra-Independent Gen Xers; the Tech-or-Die Gen Y/millennials, and the New-on-the-scene Gen Zs. Many organizations are trying to balance a generation gap of more than 50 years between the oldest and youngest employees. The diverse perspectives, motivations, and attitudes of these five generations have changed the dynamics of the workforce.
What if generational change is not a problem to overcome, but an opportunity to be optimized? Based on Lindsey Pollak’s award-winning book of the same title, this presentation offers her latest insights into how to lead yourself and your organization in today’s unprecedented multigenerational workplace. The millennial authority and often called a translator among generations, Lindsey will share her insights into how organizations across a wide variety of industries are changing the way they do business to better manage and leverage the unique skills and talents of each generation.
In this dynamic, engaging, action-oriented program, you will gain specific strategies to manage cross-generational challenges and turn multi-generational understanding into a competitive advantage. Attendees will:
- Understand the five distinct generations in today’s workplace and how generational differences can affect people’s workplace expectations and behaviors
- Explore common generational conflicts related to communication, feedback, flexibility, career pathing and more — and discover actionable tactics to resolve them
- Learn what benefits, training programs, managerial strategies and other tactics companies are using to improve retention of top young talent — without alienating other generations.
- Obtain actionable strategies to strengthen your own generational understanding and cross-generational relationships to build your own career success
- Harness the perspectives of all generations to drive innovation within your team and organization
Creating Tomorrow’s Leaders: How to Attract, Retain, and Manage Millennial and Gen Z Talent. Millennials are now the largest generation in the U.S. workforce, and they are no longer “kids.” Born 1981 to 1996, and also known as Generation Y, millennials are your current and future leaders, and they are bringing tremendous change, innovation, and opportunity. Drastically different than millennials, Gen Z, the most diverse generation in history, has now arrived and is entering the workplace.
In this essential program filled with up-to-the-minute data and case studies, New York Times best-selling author Lindsey Pollak helps you better understand your organization’s younger generations and provides actionable strategies to harness their power and potential. Attendees will:
- Discover the key workplace preferences of millennials and Gen Z— and how to integrate these preferences with other generations’ preferences.
- Hear about best practices at companies that are successfully attracting, engaging, and retaining top millennial and Gen Z talent.
- Learn tactical strategies for managing, engaging and training millennial and Gen Z employees.
Your Personal Brand: How to Lead, Succeed, and Stand Out in Today’s Multigenerational Workplace. In this inspirational, engaging, and action-oriented presentation, Lindsey Pollak promotes the importance of developing a stellar professional brand for current and future business leaders. Her advice and anecdotes draw on original research, her own extensive experience, and interviews with successful professionals across a wide range of industries and experience levels. For maximum impact, Lindsey provides real-world, actionable tips to help attendees take immediate steps to apply her advice and rise in their own careers.
- Build their personal brands, communication skills, and networking prowess
- Project the right professional image in person and online
- Avoid common mistakes of personal branding and career advancement.
Click one of these resources below for another way to find more speaker ideas for your audience.
Lindsey’s insights into the multigenerational workforce drove us to fundamentally reshape the way we are mentoring and educating our people.