Appreciation and Authenticity
- Turned down an offer from the New York Yankees to play baseball at Stanford
- Founded a successful consulting company after injuries cut his playing career short
- Author of three books, featured on ABC News, the Oprah radio network, and in Forbes
- Delivers empowering and motivational speeches on productivity and success
Play Video View Fees
Mike Robbins is the author of three books, Focus on the Good Stuff, Be Yourself: Everyone Else is Already Taken, and his latest, Nothing Changes Until You Do. He’s an expert in teamwork, emotional intelligence, and the powers of appreciation and authenticity. He delivers keynotes and seminars that empower people and helps organizations become more successful.
Prior to his speaking and writing career, Mike was drafted by the New York Yankees out of high school, but turned them down and chose to play baseball at Stanford University where he pitched in the College World Series. After college, Mike was drafted by the Kansas City Royals. He played three seasons in the Royals organization before arm injuries ended his playing career while he was still in the minor leagues.
After his athletic career was cut short, Mike worked in sales and business development for two internet start-ups, before starting his own consulting business in 2001.
Mike’s clients include some of the top organizations and institutions in the world, such as Google, Wells Fargo, eBay, Gap, Twitter, Schwab, the San Francisco Giants, New York Life, Stanford University, Chevron, and many others.
Mike and his work have been featured on ABC News, the Oprah radio network, and in Forbes. He’s a regular contributor to the Huffington Post and his books have been translated into fourteen different languages.
He, his wife Michelle, and their two daughters, Samantha and Annarose, live in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Mike Robbins, CSP, is a dynamic, engaging, and action-oriented speaker. His motivational keynotes and seminars provide practical strategies that inspire people and teams to bring out the best in themselves and others; and generate measurable results!
His unique approach and ideas empower people with the knowledge that success can be achieved no matter the obstacles. Mike speaks to diverse audiences around the world within a variety of industries. His clients include Google, Wells Fargo, the US Department of Labor, Charles Schwab, the American Business Women’s Association, Gap, Stanford University, Adobe, the San Francisco Giants, eBay, Kaiser, Twitter, and many others. Mike’s customized programs cover topics such as:
- Enhancing engagement and productivity through the power of appreciation
- Empowering relationships and trust through authentic communication
- Overcoming negativity, adversity, and challenges
- Enhancing emotional intelligence for leaders, teams, and individuals
- Developing the skills of a true “championship team”
Click one of these resources below for another way to find more speaker ideas for your audience.