Authentic Leadership - Mike Robbins
- Turned down an offer from the New York Yankees to play baseball at Stanford
- Founded a successful consulting company after injuries cut his playing career short
- Author of five books, featured on ABC News, NPR, and in the Harvard Business Review
- Delivers empowering and motivational speeches on productivity and success
Play Video View Fees
Mike Robbins is the author of five books, Focus on the Good Stuff, Be Yourself Everyone Else is Already Taken, Nothing Changes Until You Do, Bring Your Whole Self to Work and We're All in This Together. He's an expert in leadership, team performance, and company culture who delivers keynotes and seminars around the world that empower people, leaders, teams, and organizations to be more successful.
Prior to his speaking and writing career, Mike was drafted by the New York Yankees out of high school, but turned them down and chose to play baseball at Stanford University where he pitched in the College World Series. After college, Mike signed with the Kansas City Royals. He played three seasons in the Royals organization before arm injuries ended his playing career while he was still in the minor leagues.
After his athletic career was cut short by injuries, Mike worked in sales and business development for two tech companies, before starting his own consulting business in 2001.
Mike's clients include some of the top organizations and institutions in the world, such as Google, Wells Fargo, eBay, Gap, Microsoft, Schwab, Airbnb, the Oakland A's, Harvard University, Coca-Cola, and many others.
Mike and his work have been featured on NPR, ABC News, the Oprah radio network, and in Fast Company, the Wall Street Journal, and The New York Times. He's a regular contributor to Forbes, hosts a weekly podcast, and his books have been translated into fifteen different languages.
Bring Your Whole Self to Work: Unlock Creativity, Connection, and Performance
For us to truly succeed, especially in today's diverse and ever-changing business world, we must be willing to bring our whole selves to the work that we do. And, for the teams and organizations that we lead or are a part of to thrive, it’s essential to create an environment where people feel safe enough to bring all of who they are to work, as well. When we operate with courage, trust, and vulnerability, we’re able to unlock innovation, connection, and performance at the highest level for ourselves and those around us.
- Teaches people how to build more authentic relationships with those around them
- Exemplifies the power of appreciation
- Shows ways to enhance emotional intelligence
- Encourages people to operate with a growth mindset
- Challenges team members to work together and collaborate
We’re All In This Together: Create a Team Culture of High-Performance, Trust, and Belonging
Team culture is essential to success. In this program, which is based on the 20 years of research and experience Mike Robbins has done with high-performing teams, the four pillars of his new book, We’re All in This Together, as well as his background as a college and professional baseball player, he teaches people, leaders, and team how to come together, overcome adversity, and perform at their best – especially in challenging times.
- Teaches people how to enhance authenticity and psychological safety
- Illustrates specific ways to increase inclusion and belonging
- Shows how appreciation positively impacts both morale and productivity
- Encourages people to address conflicts and embrace feedback in an empowering way
- Challenges team members to care about and push each other in productive ways that bring out everyone’s best
Authentic Leadership: Inspire others and build trust by being yourself
Leadership can be challenging, especially in today’s fast-paced, globalized world. Leaders with a strong sense of emotional intelligence (EQ), a willingness to be courageous and vulnerable, and the capacity to inspire others in a genuine way, have a distinct advantage. This program, which is based on the core principles of Mike Robbins' work and books, delves into practical ways for leaders to enhance their impact and effectiveness by leading with authenticity.
- Teaches leaders how to connect at a deeper level with their teams and build real trust
- Exemplifies the importance of authenticity and even vulnerability
- Shows how appreciation positively impacts productivity, loyalty, and engagement
- Encourages leaders to be transparent in a way that’s both liberating and inspiring
- Teaches leaders key elements for enhancing their EQ
Embracing Change: Navigate Change, Lead Others, and Take Ownership
Change is inevitable, especially in today’s business world. The one constant in the midst of all of the change, stress, and uncertainty we face at work and in life is us. When we take ownership and responsibility for our experience, we not only make it easier to navigate the changes we face, we can empower ourselves and those around us to be successful, regardless of the circumstances. This program, which is based on the core principles of Mike Robbins’ work and research, illustrates how individuals, leaders, and teams can navigate change effectively and thrive in the process.
This Program Teaches People To:
- Take ownership and responsibility in an empowering way
- Enhance their emotional intelligence (EQ)
- Deal effectively with change and uncertainty
- Have more compassion for themselves and others
- Inspire the people and culture around them in a positive way, regardless of what's going on
Building Authentic Relationships: Enhance connection, trust, and success by deepening relationships
In just about every important aspect of life and business, building strong relationships is an essential quality of individuals and teams that truly win. According to Mike Robbins and his work, two core elements of building meaningful and effective relationships, are authenticity and appreciation (each themes of books he has written). This interactive program allows people to deepen and strengthen their relationships, even the most difficult and challenging ones.
- Teaches people how to move past fear and express themselves authentically
- Enhances people’s emotional intelligence (EQ)
- Shows how appreciation positively impacts relationships and productivity
- Encourages people to be vulnerable in a way that’s both liberating and inspiring
- Teaches people communication techniques that enhance relationships and build trust
Being a True Champion: Create the mindset and approach of a true winner
A “true champion” is someone who can transform the fear, stress, and daily challenges of business and life in order to keep things in perspective and produce extraordinary results. This program teaches the fundamentals of being a true champion by focusing on the attitudes and mindsets needed for peak performance. As a former professional baseball player, sales person, and a sought-after speaker and consultant for some of the top organizations in the world for the past 20 years, Mike Robbins knows what it takes to perform at a high level and how to coach people to achieve their best.
This Program Teaches People...
- How to create success in the face of adversity, stress, and change
- Ways to embrace a growth mindset and thrive
- How to stay motivated, even when things get tough
- Communication skills that create deeper connection and stronger trust with others
- How to keep things in perspective and focus on what truly matters
Click one of these resources below for another way to find more speaker ideas for your audience.