Daniel Kraft: How COVID-19 Transformed the Future of Medicine
Physician, Scientist, Entrepreneur, and Repeat TED Speaker
- Double board certified in Internal Medicine and Pediatrics
- Served as a flight surgeon in the Air National Guard
- Biomedical inventor using technology to revolutionize the way we practice medicine
Play Video View Fees
Daniel Kraft is a Stanford and Harvard trained physician-scientist, inventor, entrepreneur, and innovator. With over 25 years of experience in clinical practice, biomedical research and healthcare innovation, Kraft has served as Faculty Chair for Medicine at Singularity University since its inception in 2008, and is the Founder and Chair of Exponential Medicine, a program that explores convergent, rapidly developing technologies and their potential in biomedicine and healthcare.
Following undergraduate degrees from Brown University and medical school at Stanford, Daniel was Board Certified in both Internal Medicine & Pediatrics after completing a Harvard residency at the Massachusetts General Hospital & Boston Children's Hospital, and fellowships in hematology, oncology and bone marrow transplantation at Stanford.
He has multiple scientific publications and medical device, immunology and stem cell related patents through faculty positions with Stanford University School of Medicine and as clinical faculty for the pediatric bone marrow transplantation service at University of California San Francisco.
Daniel is a member of the Kaufman Fellows Society (Class 13) and member of the Inaugural (2015) class of the Aspen Institute Health Innovators Fellowship.
Daniel's academic research has focused on: stem cell biology and regenerative medicine, stem cell derived immunotherapies for cancer, bioengineering human T-cell differentiation, and humanized animal models. Clinical work focuses on: bone marrow / hematopoietic stem cell transplantation for malignant and non-malignant diseases in adults and children, medical devices to enable stem cell based regenerative medicine, including marrow derived stem cell harvesting, processing and delivery. He also implemented the first text-paging system at Stanford Hospital.
He is also the inventor of the MarrowMiner, an FDA approved device for the minimally invasive harvest of bone marrow, and founded RegenMed Systems, a company developing technologies to enable adult stem cell based regenerative therapies. Daniel is an avid pilot and has served in the Massachusetts and California Air National Guard as an officer and flight surgeon with F-15 & F-16 fighter Squadrons. He has conducted research on aerospace medicine that was published with NASA, with whom he was a finalist for astronaut selection.
Medical Innovation & the Accelerating Future: Being proactive instead of reactive.
- New approaches to diagnostics, from molecular to digital
- Redesigning care on the frontlines from the ER/ICU to primary care
- Acceleration of virtualized care, from telemedicine to connected, data driven
- Therapy acceleration: from drug discovery and clinical trials to vaccine development
- Public health/global health collaborations and emerging platforms that will impact the future of health and medicine, to prevention, detection and response of future pandemics
From Hospital to Home: Prevention, diagnostics, and care is increasingly moving out of the 4 walls of the clinic, ER, and hospital.
- Understanding the accelerating use of connected health solutions, remote patient monitoring for high-risk patients, and standard care
- Cutting edge and future of telehealth
- Future of the hospital
- The Virtualist: role and abilities of the future clinician
- Digital health on steroids and what’s coming next
- Regulatory and reimbursement: aligning incentives for the modern age
Augmented, Virtual, and Extended Reality: How VR/AR/XR are reshaping health and medicine. AR, VR, and XR has a wide range of applications across healthcare and biomedicine. In this talk he explores many of the cutting-edge use cases and future potential for AR & VR in medical education and simulation, to therapy, telemedicine, and beyond.
- AR/VR/XR in medical education (simulation, training)
- Virtual therapy (pain Rx, physical therapy, mental health)
- Virtual collaboration tool
- Virtualized healthcare
Exponential Technologies, Mindset, and Innovation
- Understanding exponentials, disruption, and pace of change
- A dive into accelerating and exponential technologies, from AI, robotics, Big Data, and genomics, to VR, 3D Printing, Blockchain, and beyond
- Convergence: the role of convergence exponential technologies in reshaping
- Future of work
- Travel (self-driving cars)
- Future of home (entertainment, social)
- Business models
Click one of these resources below for another way to find more speaker ideas for your audience.