The Future of Virtual
Synthesizer of Art and Business
- Popular TED Speaker and graffiti artist who paints a portrait of leadership in the 21st century
- Ignites creativity and breakthrough thinking by looking beyond “business as usual”
- Embraces challenges and advises audiences to fail fast and fail forward
- Unlocks potential by teaching others to UNthink and revamp the way they do business
Play Video View Fees
Erik Wahl is an internationally-recognized artist, TED speaker, and No. 1 best-selling author. His breakthrough experience as an artist and entrepreneur has translated into making him into one of the most sought-after corporate speakers on the circuit today.
On stage, Erik’s keynote experience creates a dynamic multidimensional metaphor for how to systematically embrace innovation and risk. His message: disruption is the new normal and businesses must embrace creativity in a wholesale fashion, or risk being left behind. Erik’s presentation inspires organizations to be increasingly agile and outlines how to use disruption as a competitive advantage. Some companies will be disrupted others will choose to be the disruptor. Choose wisely.
His new book, The Spark and the Grind, activates the essential components of translating ideas into action. His breakthrough thinking has earned praise from the likes of top influencers in both art and business. Erik’s previous book, a best-seller called, Unthink, was hailed by Forbes Magazine as "The blueprint to actionable creativity," and by Fast Company Magazine as “provocative with a purpose.”
The Warhol of Wall Street, the Renoir of ROI, The Picasso of Productivity, the Jobs of … Well, Jobs. Erik discovered an alarming truth early in his career as a partner in a corporate firm: Organizations that encouraged the mental discipline of creativity did better than those that did not put innovation as a priority mission. So he set out to challenge companies to change their way of thinking.
In the meantime, inspired by street art, he became an acclaimed graffiti artist—though he has since stopped selling his works for personal gain, and instead uses his art to raise money for charities. His keynote is where his passion for business growth and art converge into a fascinating performance.
Erik’s list of clients includes AT&T, Disney, London School of Business, Microsoft, FedEx, Exxon Mobil, Ernst & Young, and XPrize.
VIRTUAL OFFERING: Unlocking Zoom. A 20-30 minute customized keynote for your audience. Based on a customization questionnaire, the keynote is specifically tailored for your audience. Customization starts with a conference call between you and Erik’s team to discuss the meeting in detail. Based on the customization call and questionnaire, Erik creates the keynote to address your audience, the theme of your meeting, as well as providing actionable takeaways for your attendees. Additionally, Erik’s team will work with you to create a list of “Props” each audience member can be supplied, that allows for an interactive and connected keynote experience. Included is a downloadable copy of Erik’s Innovation Boot Camp, available to each member of your audience.
- A curated conversation with your leadership team. This is a pre discussed set of questions that your leadership team discusses with Erik over the course of 30-60 minutes. This is a chance for your leaders to interact with Erik and discuss relevant issues your company is facing.
- The full 60-minute Epic Keynote event, filmed at a professional studio in San Diego that provides live event screens and staging with a 2-3 camera shoot. This can be pre-recorded or for live virtual events. This option offers the capability to have the audience on a large screen behind Erik in a gallery view. The paintings Erik creates are yours to keep following the program. They will be shipped to you the day after the event.
VIRTUAL TOPIC: Constant Creativity through the Covid Chaos - “shift happens.” Erik helps audiences to reframe change, embrace the positive, and leverage their creativity. He has been doing zoom calls and podcasts with different organizations throughout this challenging time. This pandemic will be remembered as a seminal moment in history. This will be recorded as the disruption of our lifetime. Erik’s messages will use examples of how wildly successful entrepreneurs and inventors built something from nothing, and give audiences the tools to do the same.
- Embracing Disruption and Resiliency
- Chaos Creates opportunities for Innovation
- Differentiating from the competition
- Amplifying your Unique value proposition
- Shifting to habits to fortify our mindset
VIRTUAL TOPIC: Disruption = Innovation. Our greatest growth happens on the border between chaos and order. In this presentation, Erik provides a history of innovation through disruption (Instagram, AirBnB, iPhone, Uber, AIDS, 9/11 and himself) and shows audiences how to spot and create opportunities to benefit their communities and their organizations.
- Adopting a growth mindset
- Beginner’s mind leads to discovery
- Overcoming fear and achieving peak performance
- Dynamic Intelligence
- Navigating ambiguity
- Divergent thinking
VIRTUAL TOPIC: Building a Better Brand in the Time of Adversity. When the global economy has gone off the rails, it’s time to rethink who you are and what you can offer to a new world. In this presentation, Erik discusses how to leverage your digital and human capital to emerge stronger and more authentically than ever before.
- Purpose, passion and performance
- Humanizing your brand in a digital future
- Amplifying trust to build authenticity
- Driving a new competitive narrative
Power Of Disciplined Creativity. If you are not thinking about disruption, complexity and continual innovation in your industry, then we’ve got news for you: You are ignoring a perilous gaping void, and if you don’t fill it, someone else will.
Technology and culture are in a state of continual flux, and today’s business demands an environment where innovation is not only welcomed, but required. So how can you keep up and instill a disciplined approach to innovation?
Erik Wahl, best-selling author, artist, and one of the nation’s most in-demand keynote speakers. His new book and presentation, THE SPARK AND THE GRIND: IGNITE THE POWER OF DISCIPLINED CREATIVITY, presents the yin and the yang of the creative process: How to create and maintain the flow of ideas, and how to execute them. The world is filled with dreamers and doers—but the only way things happen are when dreamers muster the mental tenacity and hard work, and when doers harness their innate creativity and flexibility.
Erik’s dynamic presentation explores the process of creativity and creation. Audiences are inspired to laughter, tears and always leave with a desire to unearth more meaning in their work and their lives, and the tools to find it.
In THE SPARK AND THE GRIND keynote, Erik:
- Deconstructs the process and discipline necessary to realize the visions of master creators such as Isaac Newton, Thomas Edison and Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Delves into the science of innovation, and how to tap it for your own purposes
- Drives home the importance of creative culture, regardless of industry, and how to harness it for individual and collective success.
The Art of Leadership. Today’s leaders face a pressure to innovate – or else perish – unlike any other time in history. Advances in social, mobile, and cloud technology coupled with fierce global competition have made the business landscape nearly unrecognizable from what it was a mere 10 years ago.
Erik Wahl’s entertaining and invigorating Art of Leadership presentation paints a compelling new portrait for what the successful leaders of tomorrow will look like. He inspires audiences to shed old ways of thinking and “business as usual” processes that are outdated, inefficient, and detrimental to productivity. Audience members learn new ways to build an emotional connection to drive future employee engagement. Erik’s presentation stretches traditional assumptions on leadership. The end results include:
- innovative solutions to further your organization
- attracting and engaging quality employees
- new efficiencies and the end of detrimental redundancies
Growth and comfort cannot co-exist. When leaders come from a place of authenticity, curiosity, exploration, and purpose, this leads to more meaningful connections among team members and with clients and customers – and ultimately, a more profitable organization. An engaged employee equals an engaged customer.
The Art of Vision. The best sustainable edge in business is the ability to differentiate yourself from your competition. Through this entertaining and highly practical program, we will uncover new ways to make your organization more creative, innovative and profitable, but more so, help your employees see the need to become better storytellers within and for your company and industry.
By embracing innovative strategies, professionals at all levels can achieve superior levels of performance by creatively and visibly differentiating themselves from the competition. No matter what kind of organization you have—from a small company to a large corporation—employees at all levels will better able to embrace the future by becoming more innovative, more productive and ultimately more profitable.
- Differentiation, differentiation, differentiation
- Telling a better story
- Outthinking the competition
- Working smarter, not harder
- Sustaining excellence in a changing economy
- Leveraging chaos to capitalize on opportunities
Unthink. Somehow we’ve come to believe that creativity is reserved for the chosen few: the poets, the painters, the writers. The truth is bigger and better than that. Creativity is in all of us. We simply need to rediscover the keys that will unlock our potential. UNthink is the keynote experience that will push members of your organization beyond their traditional thought patterns and habitual levels of performance. UNthink will inspire audiences to realize they are capable of so much more than they have been led to believe.
The UNthink program helps reframe your organization’s thinking so that new creative actions become possible. Learning how to UNthink will inject your daily grind with new passion, allowing employees to see how the organization wants and needs all of their talents and energies, not just the ones they’ve been using so far. You’ll begin the process of rethinking your life as a blank canvas of limitless opportunity on which to create your masterpiece.
This program will allow your organization to:
- Step outside convention to discover new and unexpected solutions to business challenges
- Challenge pre-conceived notions about what’s possible
- UNthink your way to increased creativity, productivity and passion
The Discipline of Creativity. It’s one thing to understand the importance of creativity to the success of your business, but what most people don’t understand is to how to put a structure in place so that innovation can find its way. The paradox of creativity is that structure creates freedom. Even the wildest minds require extreme orderliness and attention to detail so that they have the space and discipline to create.
- Beethoven sat down everyday at daybreak, regardless of season, and composed until 3:00pm.
- Kafka started writing at 11:30pm each night.
- Mozart taught lessons by day and composed only in the evenings.
- Picasso ate lunch each day with his family in silence and only allowed visitors one day per week.
- Mark Twain awoke at 5:30 am, ate a hearty breakfast, and wrote until 5:00 pm
This training covers:
- Why fanatical discipline is necessary to creativity and innovation
- How to tap your “beginner’s mind,” which is a way to harness a fresh perspective on an issue and map uncharted solutions
- How to overcome mental fatigue and mind blocks
- How to set up a structure and culture in your organization that fosters creative work
Erik’s keynote set our twitter feed on fire