Molly Fletcher: The Playbook on Business Advice
- Called the “female Jerry Maguire” by CNN
- Negotiated over $500 million in deals for clients
- Motivates audiences with her trailblazing success in a male-dominated industry
- Uses experience representing peak performers to unleash potential
Play Video View Fees
Molly Fletcher is a trailblazer in every sense of the word—a rare talent of business wisdom, relationship brilliance, and unwavering optimism. As a CEO, she shares her unconventional and unique techniques that made her one of the first female sports agents in the high stakes, big ego world of professional sports, and now a successful entrepreneur.
Formerly, as president of client representation for sports and entertainment agency CSE, Molly spent two decades as one of the world’s only female sports agents. She was hailed as the “female Jerry Maguire” by CNN as she recruited and represented hundreds of sport’s biggest names, including Hall of Fame pitcher John Smoltz, PGA TOUR golfer Matt Kuchar, Broadcaster Erin Andrews, and Basketball Championship Coaches Tom Izzo and Doc Rivers.
As she successfully negotiated over $500 million in contracts and built lasting relationships, she also observed and adopted the traits of those at the top of their game. Molly shares her proven approach to negotiating in her company’s Game Changer Negotiation Training workshops, teaching people how to close more deals faster, while strengthening the relationship.
Molly has been featured in ESPN, Fast Company, Forbes, and Sports Illustrated. A sought after motivational speaker, she delivers game changing messages to top companies, trade associations, and teams worldwide.
Molly is the author of four books, including, Fearless At Work, A Winner’s Guide to Negotiating, The Business of Being the Best, and The 5 Best Tools to Find Your Dream Career.
She has been recognized by Michigan State University with the Outstanding Alumni Award and has received numerous other awards and recognitions. Molly currently serves as a National Trustee member for the Boys & Girls Clubs of America and on the national advisory board for the Positive Coaching Alliance (PCA).
Molly earned a bachelor’s degree in communications from Michigan State University while captaining the women’s tennis team. Molly’s energy and passion for life shines through everything she does. She finds her greatest joy at home in Atlanta with her husband Fred and their three daughters.
Unleash your Potential: Potential is one of the most dangerous words in the dictionary. If you achieve it, you're capable of greatness. But missing it means you stay stagnant and frustrated. Embracing your potential requires a mindset shift. You have to reimagine how you lead, how you show up for the people you serve, and how you lean into change. The good news is these are all things you can control. Using lessons from her career as a top sports agent, Molly Fletcher gives you a proven 5-step process for unleashing your potential and achieving peak performance.
- BELIEF: Get out of your comfort zone; embrace change as an opportunity to evolve; lead through change
- DISCOVERY: Use curiosity and creativity to connect; discover your own gaps internally (self-awareness)
- CLARITY: Be intentional about investing your energy in the right relationships and priorities; be relational not transactional
- DISCIPLINE: Control the controllables; be present; recover from adversity and setbacks faster
- EXECUTION: Find the opportunity inside of the challenge; execute against your game plan and create your greatest impact
The Energy Clock: For two decades as a sports agent, Molly Fletcher had a front seat to watch what makes a world-class coach and athlete. Those who led the pack protected their energy and invested it for the best results. Managing your energy is essential to performance. Yet too many people fail to realize what they give their energy to. As a result, they burn out and feel exhausted with no energy for what matters most. You can’t create more hours in the day, but you can learn how to accomplish more meaningful work with more energy.
Learn how to:
- Give more of yourself to what’s most important and waste less time on everything else
- Conduct an energy audit for yourself and your team to realign your energy and your priorities
- Own your schedule to live and lead an energized life
Fearless at Work: We are fascinated by the pros who perform at the highest level on the biggest stages. What sets them apart? Fearlessness. But fearlessness is a muscle you have to develop. With stories from her experiences working with the world's greatest athletes, Molly shows you what it takes to overcome fear and perform at the highest level. Fearlessness is about maximizing the little moments in our lives every day so that we can create BIG outcomes.
- PURPOSE: Trade self-defeating attitudes and self-imposed hurdles for a new outlook rooted in a sense of mission and purpose
- CURIOSITY: Use curiosity to ask— what’s possible?
- OWNERSHIP: Defeat toxic thinking, push beyond your comfort zone, and embrace new challenges
- RESILIENCE: Shrug off the fear of failure while gaining the confidence that comes from achieving meaningful change
- BOLDNESS: Turn little moments into big outcomes
The 5 Negotiation Mistakes Everyone Makes: Most people don’t realize how much they leave on the table for themselves, their team, and their company in negotiations. Why? Because they never learned negotiation skills that work. After negotiating countless multi-million dollar deals as a sports agent in a highly competitive environment, Molly created a framework anyone can use to develop their skills and get better results.
Learn how to:
- Avoid common and costly negotiating pitfalls
- Negotiate with all types of people and in any situation
- Overcome fear of negotiating and ask with confidence
Molly was hands down one of the most popular speakers at our recent leadership conference. Her energy and real-life anecdotes that come from nearly two decades of representing professional athletes and others from the world of sports kept us all totally enthralled. Her talk is entertaining and so much more as she shares her real-life experiences while at the same time deconstructing a recipe for success. Molly offers a great presentation for any leader seeking to up their game.
Molly’s keynote message really hit the bullseye at our annual sales conference. Never in the 28 year history had a keynote speaker scored greater than an overall 90+ rating on our participant survey – until now. Molly inspired and engaged our sales teams to “Unleash Their Potential” in a way each participant could relate with. It is safe to say – Valpak will see her again in the very near future!!
We were thrilled to have you be a part of our ERG conference this year. You were great and the attendees loved you. If you haven’t already heard from some of them I’m sure you will… lots of them would love to have you come speak at their events in the future. You were a big hit, thank you!
I felt honored to be in your presentation today and left feeling compelled to get out there and drive for excellence with authentic execution. Your passion to bring out the best in people is contagious! You gave me 20 clear-cut action steps that I can take home with me and start implementing right away! Thanks again for your passion and for being a champion in helping others to succeed!!