Sebastian Terry Sizzle Reel
Author, TV Host, and Founder of 100 Things Philanthropic Movement
- Known around the world for pursuing an incredible list of 100 Things that he wants to achieve before he dies
- Grew 100 Things philanthropic movement into a best-selling book, two international documentaries, and reality TV show
- Tells his unique, action-packed story while integrating the principles of goal setting, creating opportunity, and helping others
‘In case of an emergency oxygen masks will fall from the ceiling. Please put yours on first before helping others.’
Known worldwide for pursuing an incredible list of 100 Things that he wants to achieve before he dies, Sebastian Terry’s story is surprisingly not about a bucket list. It’s about something more far reaching; permission, choice, growth, and connection.
Affected by a curious mind and the death of a close friend, Sebastian experienced a moment in his life where he asked himself a simple question; ‘Am I happy?’. The answer was NO and so he decided to pen down a list of 100 Things that he’d always wanted to achieve. Following his heart and armed with nothing but a list, Sebastian's incredible story has grown from an entertaining tale of adventure into a global philanthropic movement that engages a growing tribe of hundreds of thousands to not just set meaningful goals, but also pull the trigger and achieve them – all while helping others do the same.
“I thought initially that it would take me 100 Things to reach a state of fulfillment, but it’s taken me 72 things to realize that ‘ticks’ are just the beginning. The key to growth and happiness is finding out who you are on a primal level and then being that person, each and every day.” Today, 100 Things acts as a conduit introducing those in need of help to those who are able to help. In this way, the journey has become less about Sebastian's list and more about the art of helping, where he now spends his time traveling the world connecting strangers to help each other. This evolution into the kindness space has spawned birth of Kindsum, a peer-to-peer platform activating acts of kindness in the general public and within organizations.
Sebastian has grown his 100 Things journey into a best-selling book (‘100 Things’) translated into three languages, two international documentaries on ESPN and Discovery Channel (‘100 things to do before you die’), and a US-based reality TV show (‘100 Things’) where he travels the world helping complete strangers achieve their specific dreams.
From marrying a stranger in Las Vegas, delivering a baby in Canada, and even representing the Mauritian national rugby team at the African Championships (they won!), Sebastian’s most profound moment was when he was first contacted by a suicidal stranger who needed help. 100 Things is no longer about one person, it’s about everybody. Currently a Make-A-Wish ambassador, Sebastian has raised over $400,000 for various charities as part of his challenge.
With ten years of keynote experience, Sebastian has spoken live to over 300,000 people globally, inspiring organizations to gain perspective, think big, and be the best they can be on every level so that others can follow suit. Guaranteed to make you laugh, cry, and inspire motivation, the 100 Things keynote is like no other and will re-engage, connect, and inspire your organization to move forward as one.
What’s on your list?
100 THINGS KEYNOTE: WHAT’S ON YOUR LIST
Permission - Choice - Accountability - Connection - Growth
Dynamic, powerful, and highly inspirational, the 100 Things keynote is told through the lens of Sebastian’s incredible personal story.
Delivered with wit, insight, and relatability, this keynote not only inspires change but creates a decisive pathway for individuals & organizations to help identify values, create impactful goals, build effective and personalized action plans, while also leaving a lasting and agile tool kit that can be referenced long after your event has ended.
Sebastian uses masterful storytelling and principles of psychology to cut to the core of human behavior, personal achievement, and well-being with an integrated approach that will have your audience laughing, crying, thinking, and taking action.
- Redefining Purpose
- Resilience: Overcoming Adversity
- A Healthy You: A Healthy Community
- Growth & Connection
- The Power of Choice
- Finding Your Why
- Meaningful Goal Setting
- Action & The Power of NOW
- Outgrowing Your Comfort Zone
- Personal Empowerment, Development & Leadership
- Value Identification
- Selfish to Selfless
- The Ripple Effect
- How to Create Your List- Dreaming Big
- The Art of Achieving- Being You
- Balance & Wellbeing
- Building Community - Trust, Authenticity & Passion
- Power of Action- Permission
- Helping Others
100 Things Keynote: What’s On Your List – watch Sebastian’s keynote (condensed) for The Daily Goalcast (viewed 10 million times across multiple platforms).
100 THINGS ACTIVATIONS: MORE THAN JUST A KEYNOTE
- 100 Things ‘Create Your List’ Workshop. Brings together your team via a dynamic and action-packed deep-dive session to help identify personal values, create impactful lists, and take the first steps towards actually achieving their goals in the workshop!
- Dream Wall. Acting as an interactive art installation, the Dream Wall encourages staff to share personal and work-related dreams & goals on a giant canvas. Resulting in a beautiful and compelling art piece, delegates will connect, bond, and collaborate uniquely.
- Guinness World Record Attempt. Dipping into a more experiential space, a specially designed Guinness World Record rallies attendees into a fun and competitive environment aimed at connecting, progressing and having fun with previously discussed topics.
KINDSUM KEYNOTE: #KINDNESSCOUNTS
Example - Inclusion - Opportunity
We all have the innate ability and desire to help people – what we lack though is opportunity.
Sebastian’s Kindsum keynote provides insight, inspiration, and a framework for individuals and organizations to learn from and leverage to create social impact in their personal and professional lives.
Exploring the mechanics of emotional intelligence, compassion, empathy, and the concept of community, this touching and dynamic keynote shares lessons learned from the incredible story of Kindsum and shows that whether it be at home, in the workplace, or further afield, the untapped potential of true connection can be the difference between a life well-lived or a business well-led.
Rounding out the 100 Things philosophy that once we look after ourselves, we’re truly ready to serve others, Sebastian uniquely taps into business culture and the power of the individual as a driving force for change.
Kindsum: The Story – Welcome to Kindsum: “The meeting place for human kindness”
- Empathy, Compassion & Emotional intelligence
- The 3 Steps to Social Impact: Opportunity - Example - Inclusion
- The Science of Kindness
- Shifting Perspective
- Bravery Through Vulnerability
- Growing & Activating Community
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Peer-to-Peer Altruism
- 3 Steps to Activating Kindness In Your Community
- Building Emotional Intelligence
- Creating Opportunity through Trust
KINDSUM ACTIVATIONS: MAKING COMMUNITY KIND
- Emotional Intelligence Workshop. Focusing on the psychological aspect of social impact, the Kindsum workshop takes delegates through a series of exercises and fun challenges aimed at strengthening emotional intelligence and creating ideas and action-plans for an ongoing kindness mindset.
- Kindsum Community Project. What better way to show how easy kindness can be than to offer a live opportunity for delegates to engage with? Using a unique process that sources a kindness opportunity from your own community, and then allows your delegates to volunteer, we execute a kindness project that will invigorate, unite, and inspire everyone involved. Capturing this project on film and editing in accordingly allows an additional opportunity to further spread the powerful message through sharing the content amongst your network and client base.
- Kindsum - A Corporate Giving Platform. Kindsum now also integrates its technology with corporate clients looking to make social impact through corporate giving. Leveraging the Kindsum platform allows organizations to offer their staff personalized and efficient volunteering opportunities in line with a volunteering program.
Click one of these resources below for another way to find more speaker ideas for your audience.
It's only every once in a while I feel so strongly about a speaker that I want to recommend them... and this is one of those times. Our members can be a tough audience to please. Sebastian was interesting and HILARIOUS! And SUPER nice! Book him! You won't be disappointed!
Sebastian's enthusiasm is infectious, his lust for life 100% genuine, and just days after the event we had people lining up to help him on his journey. We cannot recommend him highly enough as a motivational speaker and an all-round nice guy!