Vernice Armour: Reach Your Breakthrough
- Created a “Zero to Breakthrough Mentality” to ensure success in business and in life
- Frequently featured on Oprah Winfrey, CNN, Tavis Smiley, and NPR among others
- Motivates, inspires, and energizes audiences to see obstacles as opportunities and conquer them at full speed
Play Video View Fees
Leveraging her “Breakthrough Mentality” and “Get Gutsy” mindset, Vernice “FlyGirl” Armour propelled herself from beat cop to combat pilot in a record-breaking three years and became America’s First African American Female Combat Pilot. As featured on CNN, MSNBC, FOX News, Oprah Winfrey, NPR, Tavis Smiley, and ABC's The View, FlyGirl’s fresh, edgy style, high, contagious energy and unique, gutsy essence jump off the stage, page, and screen and moves people to action. Since 2007, she has inspired countless organizations and individuals to make gutsy moves and create breakthrough results.
Commanding corporate, STEM-centric and female executive and entrepreneur audiences across the globe, FlyGirl’s most requested keynotes, Zero to Breakthrough, TM One Mission, One Goal, One TeamTM and Get Gutsy. Live Gutsy!, TM deliver messages that resonate: “You have permission to Engage;” “Take off from where you are;” “We win or lose together;” and “In order to succeed you gotta ‘Get Gutsy!’”.
A Tennessee native and graduate of Middle Tennessee State University, FlyGirl holds two honorary doctorates, was a Diversity Liaison Officer to the Pentagon for Headquarters Marine Corps and is a member of the COMCAST/NBC Universal Joint Diversity Council. She has received numerous awards as a pioneering pilot, to include her commanding role in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM). She was the Marine Corps’ first African American Female pilot, first African American woman on the Nashville Police Department’s motorcycle squad, a Camp Pendleton Female Athlete of the Year and two-time titleholder in their Strongest Warrior Competition, and a running back for the women’s pro football team, the San Diego ‘Sunfire.’
FlyGirl’s first signature book, Zero to Breakthrough: The 7-Step, Battle-Tested Method for Accomplishing Goals that Matter, which was released by Penguin in 2011, chronicles the process she utilized to transition from beat cop to America’s First African American Female Combat Pilot. She is an internationally-recognized inspirational leadership keynote speaker for premier leadership conferences and Fortune 500 companies.
She is married and resides in the Atlanta, Georgia area. In 2015, she gave birth to “FlyBaby,” her gutsiest move yet!
Zero To Breakthrough: A Breakthrough Mentality Creates A Breakthrough Life!
Acknowledge the obstacles, DON’T give them power. This presentation helps you put passion back in your life and design the path to your dreams with a ‘Breakthrough Mentality.’ Be inspired by FlyGirl’s personal story of setbacks, challenges, adventure, success and triumph. FlyGirl takes you on an amazing journey through her life experiences and, most importantly, the lessons learned. Unleash the personal leadership power needed to take your life to the next level!
Attendees will discover:
- How to acknowledge the inevitable challenges and obstacles and continue to drive toward the solution
- The Tangibility of Possibility
- Delay is not Denial and to Retreat does not mean Defeat
- How to engage a Breakthrough Mentality!
(Great for Employee Resource Groups, Women, Minorities and Students)
Who Needs a Runway?! Take Off From Where You Are!
The bottom line is that we have to move into action from where we are! Unfortunately, many people become paralyzed in the preparation phase. Decide what you want, put your stake in the ground and execute! FlyGirl calls this making a commitment to the commitment. Give your organization the boost they need to come together as a team, understand how their objectives support the overall strategy and accomplish the mission, achieving the desired Breakthrough Results!
Give your attendees an invigorating perspective that reveals how to:
- Burnout is real! Reignite the spark in your life professionally and personally!
- Lead. Recognize and utilize the skills and talents of everyone around you
- How to engage a ‘Breakthrough Mentality’
- Unleash your full potential no matter where you are personally starting from
One Mission. One Goal. One Team™ In Order to Succeed, You Gotta Get Gutsy!
Employee engagement, customer engagement, team engagement, relationship engagement. No matter what area an organization is strategically trying to improve, individuals have to be engaged and in action for the plan to move forward and succeed! The key is giving the permission to engage from the inside out. Once that happens, your entire organization will be thinking with a Breakthrough Mentality and CLEARED HOT!
Give your attendees a fast-paced message that will show how them how to:
- Harness the power of a ‘Breakthrough Mentality’ mindset
- Lead through mentorship
- Leverage functional and individual diversity as a strategic advantage
- Foster a culture of mutual respect for all team members
- Create breakthroughs for teams with five simple steps
Driving Diversity Deep into the DNA of Your Organization
One Mission, One Goal, One Team. Vernice reveals, as a former Diversity Officer for Headquarters Marine Corps and liaison to the Pentagon, what it took to help a 200,000 personnel organization get back on track! When you bring people together, you will have differences and similarities that result in tension and complexities…THIS IS NORMAL! How you MANAGE diversity is the key!
The leader will discover how to:
- Know your people and harness the power, skills and talents of the team
- Unleash the full potential of diversity to impact the bottom line
- Effectively tap into the power of the Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
- Teach everyone to be an ambassador for diversity
- Create a culture that values and respects all team members: One Mission, One Goal, One Team!
One need only hear Captain Armour speak to understand why she is so sought after by CNN and shows such as Tavis Smiley and Oprah…This history making, mission-focused woman represents the ‘total package’.
I was so inspired, I hit the ground running with several ideas that I have been planning for months now.