Allen & Vandehei on Getting Trump
Jim VandeHei & Mike Allen
Co-Founders of AXIOS and POLITICO | New Media Speaking Duo
- Co-founders of disruptive new media company Axios
- Former driving forces behind POLITICO, transforming it into the site Washington woke up to
- Media entrepreneurs and highly respected journalists covering the trends and personalities making waves on Capitol Hill
- Witty, up-to-the-minute presentations on current affairs and how to navigate the new digital media environment
Play Video View Fees
Jim VandeHei and Mike Allen are two of the nation’s most influential journalists. For years, they worked together building the nationally renowned digital media company POLITICO, transforming it from a newcomer on Captiol Hill to the website and accompanying newsletter that all of Washington considered a “must-read.” Now, they are co-founders of the media company Axios, delivering quick, punchy news and insights on politics, business, media, and technology to a smart and highly-engaged audience. The company has proved a disruptive force in the digital media space, specializing in high-quality news and analysis easily shared across social platforms by the country’s influential readers. They are also the co-creators and executive producers of Axios on HBO, a documentary-news series that interviews the world’s top leaders and covers the most consequential topics of the day, fusing together the “smart brevity” of Axios’ digital reporting with cinematic, documentary storytelling. In 2017, VandeHei and Allen were named to Vanity Fair’s “New Establishment” list, an annual compilation of industry titans.
As thorough and candid on stage as they are in their articles and daily newsletters, VandeHei and Allen create a phenomenal experience for audiences of all backgrounds that draws on their extensive insider experience and contacts within the Beltway to take audiences behind the scenes of what they see each day on the news. Focused on the future of work as well as policy decisions driving Washington, they are a fantastic choice for future-focused groups who want to unpack how DC dysfunction will play out across industries.
Jim VandeHei is the co-founder, Chairman, and CEO of Axios as well as the co-founder of POLITICO, the digital media company that upended and revolutionized political and policy journalism in Washington, New York, and Europe. In his nine years at the publication’s helm, VandeHei was the chief architect of both the site’s editorial and business models. Under his leadership, POLITICO expanded into New York and European markets, where it was named the most influential publication on the continent for top government officials.
Mike Allen is one of Washington’s most well connected journalists whose very name is synonymous with political scoops. He is the co-founder and executive editor of Axios as well as the former chief White House correspondent for POLITICO. He was the voice and author behind Playbook, the early-morning go-to source for movers and shakers in politics and media. Called “the man the White House wakes up to” by The New York Times, he not only reports on but also drives the day’s political conversations. His sharp journalistic experience and coveted insider status make him an ideal choice to discuss the latest political happenings.
VIRTUAL OFFERING: Axios Virtual Briefings on Today’s Issues. Connect with your members, customers, or board in real-time and interact with some of today’s foremost experts. If you're looking to relay the most up-to-date information to an audience, Axios co-founders Jim VandeHei and Mike Allen deliver live online briefings on the new workplace in the age of coronavirus, the political climate, and the road to the White House. Choose one of the following sessions:
- Political Briefing with Jim and Mike: A behind-the-scenes analysis of what's going on in Washington and the important issues shaping our world.
- "War for Attention" Briefing with Jim and Mike: Strategies to communicate your culture, mission, and other key messages — internally and externally — in the social, mobile, disruptive age.
Hear it First: Political Issues of the Day & The 2020 Election. With an eye on the latest breaking news, Mike Allen shares fascinating, non-partisan, behind-the-scenes analysis of what’s going on in Washington. What issues will confront both parties as they look to the 2020 general election? What impact have Trump’s first years in office had on the business community, and how will his Administration continue to influence markets and organizations? How well does President Trump navigate the daily changing landscape—around the world and at home? With high-energy, candor, and humorous anecdotes, Allen evaluates the current political landscape with his signature style for those who need to be ‘in-the-know’ about politics.
Winning the War for Attention. In an age of communications chaos, Jim VandeHei and Mike Allen — co-founders first of Politico, now of Axios and stars on Axios on HBO — have tales and tips from their success in creating and scaling two disruptive businesses in this hyper-competitive environment.
- They bring with them fascinating insider stories from interviewing President Trump, Elon Musk, Tim Cook and many more.
- Axios CEO Jim VandeHei and executive editor Mike Allen are bursting with real-world ideas for engaging millennials, building modern business cultures and cutting through the social media noise.
- They unpack the keys to developing and articulating an organization's higher purpose, and show how crystal-clear one-to-many communication can improve recruiting, retention, morale — and the bottom line.
Best election program discussion that I’ve attended, because we went beyond the “horse race” to the trends that are disrupting conventional wisdom and experience, and began to scratch the surface on what to do about it. Loved it.
Click one of these resources below for another way to find more speaker ideas for your audience.