Leonard Brody: The Metaverse, Web 3.0, and the Great Reset
- Disruption and innovation leader whose expertise is sought after by entrepreneurs, celebrities, and world leaders to build groundbreaking companies and products
- Explores the massive cultural and technological shifts driving today’s disruption and the opportunities and threats it presents
- Regarded as a top management thinker who shares future-focused insights for organizations to pivot and thrive in the post-innovation era
- His foresight into future trends is reshaping diverse industries, including finance, real estate, tech, media, and consumer goods
Play Video View Fees
Regarded as one of the “top 30 management thinkers in the world” and “a controversial leader of the new world order,” Leonard Brody is an award-winning techno-economist, entrepreneur, venture capitalist, and two-time Emmy-nominated media visionary. He has played a key role in raising hundreds of millions of dollars in capital for startup companies, been through one of the largest IPOs in history, and has been involved in the founding and successful exit of numerous companies to date.
Exclusively represented by Leading Authorities speakers bureau, Brody is the person behind the scenes and in front of the trends when it comes to innovation, technology, and the future of things. Drawing from his work as a creator in the future tech space, he leads a gripping discussion on “The Great ReWrite,” the confluence of events that have ignited the massive cultural and technological shifts driving the current disruption in business and the world. In his talks, Brody provides future-focused insights for organizations to stay relevant, thrive, and rewrite their worlds in the post-innovation era. He possesses expert-level understanding of various industries, including finance, real estate, tech, media, and consumer goods, and has advised clients ranging from tech giants, high-powered entrepreneurs, and the British Royal Family.
Brody is the co-founder and executive chairman of Caravan, a joint venture with the Los Angeles-based Creative Artists Agency (CAA), where he oversees the building of new ventures for some of the most well-known celebrities and political leaders in the world, including Carrie Underwood, Tom Hanks, and Joe Biden. He is also one of the proud owners of the professional soccer team Coventry City in England.
Previously, Brody was the president of the Innovation and Digital Group for Anschutz Corporation, one of the largest live sports and entertainment businesses in the world. The company is one of the premiere concert promotion businesses in the world and owns assets such as the O2 Arena in London and the Crypto.com Arena (formerly the Staples Center), as well as the Los Angeles Lakers, Los Angeles Galaxy, and Los Angeles Kings sports teams. Before that, he was a co-founder and CEO of NowPublic.com, a media company that was later sold to Anschutz.
Brody’s insights on macroeconomic tech trends and where the world is headed have been featured in leading publications, including Fortune, The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, and BBC. He is the co-author of the best-selling books, Innovation Nation: Canadian Leadership from Jurassic Park to Java and Everything I Needed to Know About Business … I Learned from a Canadian, both published by Wiley and Sons. Brody’s latest book, in partnership with Forbes, is called The Great Re:Write and is based on the successful documentary he and Forbes co-produced that has garnered more than four million views.
Brody holds an Honours Bachelor of Arts from Queens University, a law degree from Osgoode Hall and is a graduate of the Private Equity Program at the Harvard Business School.
Bouncing Back: Preparing for Future Growth. Moments of disruption are never without precedent. There are distinct historical patterns at work over the last three centuries that show plenty of context for what we’re going through now and what’s to come in the near future. We are living in a series of repetitive cycles, known as resets, that readjust the operating system of our very world. While they are complex, they are still predictable in their outcome.
In this presentation, Leonard Brody can help you shift your perspective on what we’re going through and understand that the success stories in the coming years will be tied to leaders who master these cycles and are prepared to bounce back. He’ll help you and your organization prepare to lean into the inevitability of a coming recovery. We know factually that periods of upheaval are always followed by economic growth. What changes are permanent and what is only short-term? How can we harness that? And how can we adjust business frameworks to move smoothly and smartly into the future ahead? Brody will answer these questions and more, illuminating the big picture with proven research, experience, and insights.
- How to identify the historical cycles taking place over the past 350 years that demonstrate how things in the post-COVID-19 era will shake out.
- How to embrace these patterns, adapt to their impact, and lead through this cycle with confidence and clear perspective.
- Learn about the key long term behavioral shifts and what changes are likely to be only temporary.
- Best practices of companies that thrive in these reset moments and are built to bounce back.
The Next 730 Days: What to Expect in Technology, the Economy, and the Future of Work. History has shown that we can only accurately predict two years ahead, or 730 days. So, while many are sharing their 5, 10, 15, 20-year forecasts, often with conflicting ideas and notions, this keynote is your antidote. In this talk, award-winning business and innovation visionary Leonard Brody leads a clear, narrowly focused exploration of the forces shaping our near future and how leaders and organizations can better prepare for it.
He provides a data and research-driven look at this next critical period in technology, the economy, and the future of work, while also sharing proven best practices. This includes an in-depth exploration and analysis of:
- The secret to an economic and technological pattern that has repeated itself over the last 300 years. Learn how to recognize and manage against it
- The future of work and retaining talent, including the myth of the Great Resignation and the future of the office
- The next chapter of AI and blockchain and its immediate applicability
- The next two years of the economy and the drivers behind it
The Great ReWrite. We are living in the largest institutional and human shift in history. It is a complete resetting of the operating system of our planet. And with every reset comes an opportunity for organizations to rewrite their worlds in times of unparalleled disruption. As a practitioner behind the scenes and in front of future trends, entrepreneur, venture capitalist, and innovation expert Leonard Brody provides organizations with a proven playbook for pivoting and positioning their companies to stay relevant and thrive in the post-innovation era. In this conversation — adapted from his multi-award-winning talk series in partnership with Forbes on the future of our world — he shares a unique viewpoint on innovation up to this point, explaining how it has failed us as a concept and crippled companies’ ability to respond to the world being rewritten around them. He also offers audiences a preview of what’s next and how to capitalize on the opportunities of the digital future.
What’s Next for Your Industry? As a techno-economist whose daily work focuses on leveraging digital transformation and future trends long before they disrupt the business landscape, Leonard Brody possesses expert-level understanding on the complexities of various industries, as well as the directions in which they are all headed. He seamlessly blends historical patterns with what’s happening now. His knowledge and foresight of where industries are trending provides audiences with forward-looking insights for their organizations to be the disruptors, rather than the disrupted.
Sought after by entrepreneurs, CEOs, public figures, and world leaders, Brody’s insights are often leveraged to reshape diverse markets. He tailors his expertise and vision to the industry most important to your audience, including:
- Finance: A high-level overview of fintech and the other disruptive elements that will impact banking, insurance, and investment, and what organizations can be doing now to come out ahead
- Real Estate: A rundown of the ways the digital future is transforming the world of real estate and how businesses can pivot to leverage the advancements in real estate tech
- Tech: An analysis of the current tech industry landscape along with insights for powering innovation for the future
- Consumer Goods: An investigation into emerging consumer trends and future-focused strategies for how businesses can disrupt the marketplace through customer-oriented innovation
- Healthcare: A look at how tech, robotics, and artificial intelligence could potentially revolutionize healthcare and enhance the capabilities for creating better health and wellness outcomes for humanity
- Media: An examination of the trends expected to shape the ways we produce and consume media
Enter the Metaverse. The digital future has manifested itself into the metaverse — the virtual world where immersive, lifelike experiences offer new possibilities for social connection, and present new opportunities for businesses to connect with consumers. In this talk, entrepreneur and innovation expert Leonard Brody explores the ways the metaverse is transforming how we live, work, and do business, as well as the potential for organizations in any industry — including finance, real estate, tech, media, and consumer goods — to leverage its potential for growth-minded innovation. Brody draws from his experiences overseeing the building of some of the world’s groundbreaking new ventures to share real-life examples of businesses pivoting and developing a winning gameplan during disruptive times.
Kapital: An Introduction to Blockchain, Crypto, and Digital Currencies. As we enter into a post-currency era, the reign of nation states over the transfer of money appears to be coming to an end. The blockchain is allowing individuals and organizations to launch their own economic systems and the global capital markets will have to respond to what may be the largest shift in the movement of money ever. Regarded as a leading techno-economist with a deep understanding of the intersection of fintech and global economics, Leonard Brody provides groups with a high-level overview of blockchain, Bitcoin, and the digital currency landscape, while opening their eyes to the potential for this new method of digital transaction to disrupt the way we do business and transform the world as we know it.
Beyond Human. There is a great deal of confusion around what AI is and what it is actually capable of. Beyond Human decodes the world of artificial intelligence from the perspective of its impact on the core competencies of an organization. It puts in place a roadmap for how one can understand the impact of an era when the human brain is no longer the most sophisticated hard drive on earth. It’s about practicality, not scientific theory. We are standing at a great precipice in human history. It's time to demystify AI and truly understand what it is and how it can be harnessed to propel organizations to their next level of growth and purpose.
Click one of these resources below for another way to find more speaker ideas for your audience.