Ross Shafer 2014 Relevance Guru
- Entrepreneur and six time Emmy Award Winning TV host, comedian, and writer
- Author of 9 popular business books, including the comedy cook book, Cook Like A Stud
- Speaks on a broad range of topics, including business growth and leadership
Play Video View Fees
Ross Shafer has the most peculiar background of any speaker on CHANGE.
He has authored nine business books yet also won international stand-up comedy competitions. He’s earned six TV Emmys as a network talk and game show host yet credits his success to reselling bicycles at age 13. He flipped cars at 15 and flipped homes at 18. After college at 21, he started buying and selling companies. The common denominator is a burning pursuit of excellence that has driven Ross to the top of every field he’s entered.
Since his early teens, Ross Shafer has been obsessed with understanding “Who succeeds? Who fails? And Why?” His confidence flourished when he discovered that there were specific blueprints for success in every job and every industry. That understanding led to his noteworthy achievements in business, television broadcasting, book writing, professional speaking (CPAE) and even stand-up comedy. His wildly diverse career choices have allowed Ross to communicate complex ideas with great fun - and an “everyman” quality.
Today, he coaches leaders and teams on how to cross-pollinate innovative ideas about emerging trends, shifting buying habits, and the motivation of workforces during mergers and acquisitions. His clients include 73 of the Fortune 100…as well as a broad array of associations. What most people don’t know is that Ross may have sparked the explosion of the entertainment cooking channels when he wrote a funny bestselling book, Cook Like a Stud (38 recipes men can prepare in the garage using their own tools). Not bad for a guy who played college football (pre-concussion-era helmets) and who still aspires to get his hair right.
OTHER-FOCUSED™ PATIENT/CUSTOMER SERVICE. An Immersive Program for Living an Other-Focused Life.
This can be a Keynote – a Workshop – a 90-day Culture Shifting program
When teams are happy and fulfilled, your patients (and customers) score you higher on the loyalty scale. So, with constant social media distractions, how do we reverse self-absorbed behavior? We designed a habit-changing program that is focused on team member development. By coaching team members how they can benefit from being Other-Focused, they can “crack the code” to get what they want from life. They feel more appreciated. They create and sustain better personal and co-worker relationships. They become effective communicators. They even get more likes and comments on social media.
- How to gauge team member engagement and pinpoint specific behaviors that will benefit them personally and professionally
- How to manage these specific behaviors so that peers are held accountable and are able to track their Other-FocusedTM Scores
- How to become a Certified Other-Focused Professional; which is highly valued by every employer
- How to inspire ongoing improvement through a simple and fun pre-built “leader board” metric
Staying Relevant. This is a fun, motivational, and insightful opening or closing keynote on CHANGE.
Relevance is a moving target. Go-to Market tactics are changing. Buying habits are shifting. Your sales approach must align with new expectations. If you don’t change “at-pace” you will no longer matter to your customers and clients; causing them to gladly deliver their market share to your competitors. In this program you will learn how to create an adaptive culture that is able to evolve with whatever new trends society throws at you.
- How to harvest an endless trove of innovative ideas (even when you’re not feeling creative)
- How to inspire world-class expertise (under pressure)
- “The New Loyalty” - How to create instant (and lasting) rapport with clients, vendors, and coworkers
- How to remain adaptive, disciplined and appropriately fearless
- How to tell better brand stories in order to sell more … of anything
Behave Like a Startup: How to Kill Complacency
This keynote is about recognizing when complacency is creeping into your company. If your processes are getting sluggish and your team members are starting to lack their previous responsiveness, you can “regain your mojo” by learning the guerrilla tactics of young startups.
- Know the red flags that your organization has become complacent
- Why startups are so good at disruption and why you should be too
- How startups eliminate all friction
- Why you should break the bonds of perfection and launch your ideas faster
- Sell like a Startup: What can you do to overcome “Old Boy Relationships”?
Success: It’s On You. How to Accelerate the Outcomes You Want
This program is about taking initiative. Too often our team members stall their own growth (and yours) until they get validation and encouragement from their leaders. This program will inspire your team members to take charge of their own assignments…when nobody is around to guide them. They will learn to be accountable and responsible to and for…themselves.
- How to create a No Blame, No Excuses culture of accountability
- How to manage “grey space” – making decisions when the answers aren’t black and white
- Why it’s crucial to take personal responsibility for your own success
- How to ‘ramp up’ your resilience
- How to set yourself (and your company) apart from the competition
Ross Shafer. The Ultimate EMCEE & Keynote Speaker
Ross is Highly Interactive and Very Comfortable On-the-Fly
Ross Shafer is frequently asked if he can be interactive with your audience. The answer is a resounding “YES.” His style is to engage the audience at several points during his keynote. He often likes to present “from the floor” so that he can start a dialogue with your audience members. During a breakout session, Ross is on the floor at all times; bouncing between audience members.
THE ULTIMATE EMCEE: Ross hosts a select number of multi-day events for his high-end clients each year. Because Ross is a trained talk and game show host (helmed over 1,000 network broadcasts), he is the perfect choice for moderating your executive panel discussions and complex award banquets. Ross will keep the programs lively and on task; drawing on his vast experience and lightning wit to navigate (and rescue) even the most unpredictable situations.
TALK SHOWS/PANEL MODERATION: Ross is adept at handling back-to-back breakout sessions that may feature a myriad of presenters. He has hosted such luminaries as President George Herbert Walker Bush, Jack Welch, Colin Powell, Bob Dole, James Carville, Tom Peters, Marcus Buckingham, and Archbishop Desmond Tutu, to name a few. Since many high profile presenters are more comfortable being interviewed by a “pro,” Ross is able to show the utmost respect from the opening introduction throughout the Q & A – yet he doesn’t shy away from the probing questions your people want answered.
GAME SHOWS: Finally, Ross is a popular favorite for hosting custom game shows. Not only do these formats lend themselves to imparting important training information about your company (in a fun way), they also encourage participation by the entire audience. Ask us how Ross and his game partners at (Game Show America) can create a custom “TV” show for you.
Click one of these resources below for another way to find more speaker ideas for your audience.