Marketing to Gen-Z
- Generational expert and co-founder of BridgeWorks, advising leaders on conducting business more successfully by bridging generation gaps
- Speaking clients include Fortune 500 companies such as American Express, Cisco, Citigroup, Coca-Cola, Deloitte, Disney, and Wells Fargo
- Best-selling author with a gold medal from the Axiom business book awards
Play Video View Fees
Lynne Lancaster is one of today’s most sought-after generational experts and keynote speakers. She knows what makes Traditionalists, Boomers, Generation Xers, Millennials, and Gen Z tick, and she brings her original research, insights, humor, and practical tips to audiences eager to solve the generational puzzle.
Lynne’s entertaining style and deep expertise take listeners to a whole new level, whether they are struggling to recruit and retain generations in the workforce, seeking to connect with them in the marketplace, or just trying to live and work with them. She doesn’t just describe the issues; she interprets them and offers actionable advice on how to lead, manage, market, and communicate effectively in a multi-generational world. And she is supported by an entertaining array of multimedia including clips from TV shows and movies, stats, stories, case studies, and best practices from America’s best companies. If you think you know enough about generations, think again.
Lynne’s career spans the creation of two companies dedicated to bridging the generational divide. She is an award-winning keynote speaker, a teacher, trainer, writer, and frequent expert commentator in the media. Lynne is co-author of the best-seller When Generations Collide: Who They Are. Why They Clash. How to Solve the Generational Puzzle at Work (HarperCollins) that introduced the U.S. workplace and marketplace to the generations concept. She recently edited the new book, Gen Z @ Work (Harper) about the latest entrants into the workplace.
Lynne has received rave reviews for her keynotes from countless companies including 3M, Adventist Health, Best Buy, Chase, Cisco, Disney, General Mills, Johnson & Johnson, MTV, St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, Sutter Health, Wells Fargo, and VISA, as well as numerous nonprofit and public sector organizations.
In the media, she is a sought-after expert on workplace and social trends. Lynne has been a guest on CNN, CNBC and National Public Radio, and appeared in national publications including Fast Company, The Los Angeles Times, The New York Times, TIME Magazine, The Wall Street Journal, and The Washington Post.
Lynne earned her stripes as a management consultant, coaching executives from major companies on decoding communication issues. Lynne has served as an adjunct faculty member at the University of Minnesota's Carlson School of Management, and is on the boards of several philanthropic organizations. She is a Phi Beta Kappa, summa cum laude graduate of the University of Minnesota with a B.A. in English Literature. She is currently researching how Baby Boomers are evolving into the next phase of life and careers.
WHAT A DIFFERENCE A GENERATION MAKES! – BRIDGING THE GAPS AT WORK. A good generational mix can make for a highly productive, fulfilling environment. Or it can make you want to tear your hair out! This high energy and insightful presentation will update you on the generations in today’s workplace, and how you can collaborate, engage, and communicate with them. Whether you are supervising, managing, or are an individual contributor, you will…
- Get to know your own generation and how that has shaped your views on work
- Identify the generation gaps in your workplace
- Connect more effectively with every generation
HOW GEN Z IS ROCKING THE WORKPLACE. Members of Gen Z are firmly established in the workforce, but employers still don’t know much about them. With the U.S. unemployment rate at an all-time low, it is time to toss out the stereotypes and get to know the attitudes and expectations of this ambitious generation. Learn…
- Who is Gen Z and what do we need to know about them
- What are best practices for recruiting and retaining younger talent—and why
- How to create a culture in which younger hires can thrive
LEADERSHIP: BRINGING OUT THE BEST IN EVERY GENERATION. What makes a great leader and how do the generations view the role of the leader differently? Whether you’re a seasoned veteran directing those younger than you, an experienced Xer juggling multiple generations, a skilled Millennial managing upward, or you are struggling to connect with all the generations, Lynne’s savvy research, entertaining anecdotes and practical advice will help you…
- Understand who the generations are and how their expectations of leaders have changed
- Increase your effectiveness as a leader by understanding how to engage each generation
- Apply hands-on techniques to flex your leadership style
COMMUNICATING ACROSS THE GENERATIONAL DIVIDE . This is for everyone who has struggled to be heard and understood by another generation. Often it’s generation gaps that get in the way of good communication at work. Stereotypes, misunderstandings, and disrespect are all signs that the generations on the team aren’t connecting. Here’s how to…
- Recognize what every generation fears most, and how those fears show up at work
- Find ways to reach across the gaps and genuinely connect
- Build a culture of mutual respect
RECRUITING IN A TIGHT JOB MARKET. As the unemployment rate reaches all-time lows in many markets, recruiters are struggling. With so many organizations competing for the same workers, how do you make your message stand out? And what do you need to know to give you a competitive edge? Lynne Lancaster explains how generational insights and recruiting smarts can come together to create winning results. Her topics include…
- Why the talent market is really so tight and how you can respond
- What to do when your boss doesn’t get it
- Leveraging value proposition through the eyes of another generation
BREAKING INTO THE MILLENNIAL MIND: STRATEGIES FOR RETAINING AND MOTIVATING. Now the largest generation in the U.S., Millennials make up more than 50% of the total workforce. Yet, many companies still struggle to inspire and retain them. Whether you are a Millennial yourself or working with them, you’ll benefit from understanding…
- What makes Millennials tick
- How are Millennials’ expectations of the workplace unique
- What strategies smart companies employ to drive Millennial loyalty and engagement
MANAGING THE GENERATIONS IN TURBULENT TIMES. Everybody knows the world is a stressful place these days. With challenging economic times, a global pandemic, and uncertain futures for many companies, it’s easy to see how employees of every generation might be struggling with anxiety. Lynne can help you…
- Understand how the generations might react to stress differently
- Identify ways to create a more cohesive culture
- Recognize what you can do to support each generation
MARKETING AND SELLING ACROSS THE GENERATIONAL DIVIDE. Traditionalists, Baby Boomers, Gen Xers, Millennials, and now Gen Z, view sales very differently. Do they want face-to-face contact or screen-to-screen? What does “service” even mean? How can you stand out in a crowded marketplace? Whether you are a seasoned professional or just starting out, Lynne will help you…
- Identify the generations in your marketplace
- Engage one generation without turning off another
- Rethink sales and marketing strategies along generational lines
Click one of these resources below for another way to find more speaker ideas for your audience.
Lynne Lancaster worked with our Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging Executive Council to expertly craft a virtual presentation on Generational Differences in the Workplace. She navigated the nuances of working with different generations, and the value we each bring to the workplace, all while captivating a virtual audience. The engagement via chat, polling questions and the Q&A forum were amazing. Lynne surpassed our expectations!
Lynne did her homework to tailor two different presentations for us, one for our students and another for our local business leaders. Her content was engaging and informative while providing us with actionable tools we could apply immediately in our work and our lives.
Lynne's presentation, “What a Difference a Generation Makes” was timely and thought-provoking and provided the audience with pragmatic approaches for communicating and collaborating with multiple generations in the workplace. Her presentation was engaging and meaningful.
Lynne was a delight to work with and we appreciate all the time and effort she took to craft a presentation that both matched the theme of our conference, and met all of our objectives. We look forward to working with her again!