Mark Bowden: Using Body Language To Win Trust & Gain Credibility
- World renowned body language expert and best-selling author
- Tailored, unique keynotes fuse behavioral science, skills training, and humor to help leaders and sales professionals around the world
- Shares the simple but powerful verbal and non-verbal techniques that create the most influential and persuasive communication in crucial business situations
Play Video View Fees
Mark Bowden is the keynote speaker for organizations worldwide whose work depends upon winning the hearts and minds of others. Mark entertainingly trains any audience in the cutting-edge techniques that will help them to stand out, win trust, and profit every time they speak. His keynote presentation takes everyone on an exciting and humorous journey to understand how, with the right body language “It’s often not what you say—but how you say it, that gets results!” Bowden is the founder of TRUTHPLANE, a communication training company that offers a unique methodology for anyone who needs to communicate with impact with an audience or client. With his system of nonverbal communication techniques, he instantly helps audiences become more confident, collaborative, and credible in their communication—invaluable for anyone in leadership, sales, or teams. He is exclusively represented by Leading Authorities speakers bureau.
Mark was voted #1 in the world’s top 30 Body Language Professionals for both 2014 and 2015 by Global Gurus for his world class communication techniques, with which he trains leading business people, teams, presidents and CEOs of Fortune 500 companies and Prime Ministers of G7 powers. Mark is on faculty as business presentation trainer for The Kellogg-Schulich Executive MBA, ranked #1 in the world by The Economist. He is also President of the National Communication Coach Association of Canada.
His highly acclaimed TEDx talk and YouTube Channel have reached millions of people, and he presents to many of the coolest and most innovative organizations in the world. A go-to commentator for world media on the body language of leading politicians and public figures, Mark appears regularly on news and talk shows for CNN, CTV, CBC, Global TV, and is quoted in The Wall Street Journal, The Washington Post, and GQ Magazine.
Mark’s publications are the best-selling books, Winning Body Language—a “how-to guide” to using body language to stand out, win trust, and gain credibility when speaking; Winning Body Language for Sales Professionals; Tame the Primitive Brain: 28 Ways in 28 Days to Manage the Most Impulsive Behaviors At Work;, and most recently, TRUTH & LIES: What People are Really Thinking, a Globe and Mail Canadian Best-seller, and described by FBI interrogator and counterintelligence agent Joe Navarro as “A remarkable book…this year’s must-read on body language and human behavior.”
VIRTUAL OFFERINGS: Effective Virtual Communication and Connection Web Trainings: Present, Lead, and Sell Virtually From Your New Home Office. In the current era of remote work, Mark is offering a selection of different programs to highlight how to communicate effectively via virtual channels and show your best to your organization, clients and customers, and yourselves:
One-Time Effective Virtual Communications Training
- In this 45-minute training, Mark will demonstrate how leaders can communicate most effectively via video to show empathy in this time of crisis, better lead and manage through difficult times, and to internally keep our people motivated, engaged, and productive through the crisis. He will also share how sales people can maintain good client relationships by presenting themselves effectively and being persuasive yet genuine and empathetic. You will gain simple yet powerful techniques to help maximize your impact and control your impulses using virtual mediums of communication.
Series of 3 Virtual Communications Training Sessions
- Session 1: Tips, Tools, and Techniques for Effective Virtual Communications. In this 45-minute training, Mark will demonstrate how leaders can communicate most effectively via video to show empathy in this time of crisis, better lead and manage through difficult times, and to internally keep our people motivated, engaged, and productive through the crisis. He will also share how sales people can maintain good client relationships by presenting themselves effectively and being persuasive yet genuine and empathetic. You will gain simple yet powerful techniques to help maximize your impact and control your impulses using virtual mediums of communication.
- Sessions 2 & 3: Interactive Coaching to Fine Tune Your Skills. In these 30-minute sessions, you and your team will get the expert skills, hands-on experience, and practice needed to present using techniques for compelling business communication online and from the home. Finetune your skills directly with Mark to better understand how to exude total credibility and give a genuine, empathetic, compelling delivery.
Half-Day or Full-Day Virtual Communications Trainings
- Mark will offer all of the above skill development in one-to-one virtual training sessions. In either a half- or full-day session, you can have your team sign up for 30-minute windows to work with Mark individually on leading effective virtual meetings and delivering/presenting via a live video.
EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION: Winning Body Language To Stand Out, Win Trust, & Gain Credibility.
Superior communication skills are key to success, and no one enlightens and empowers others with these skills more effectively than Mark Bowden. In this high-octane interactive keynote, Mark will teach you the body language techniques to make you stand out from the crowd, inspiring others while building trust and credibility.
Mark takes the audience on an exciting journey to understand how “It’s not often what you say—but how you say it that gets results!” Bowden, renowned trainer to Fortune 500 CEOs and G8 political leaders, demonstrates how perceptions can be completely altered by a simple gesture or action. He trains the audience, just as he does his elite clients worldwide, in simple yet effective techniques to create the ideal communication in the most crucial situations—invaluable for life and business.
Winning Body Language to Build Trust, Gain Credibility, and SELL
With ever growing competition in the marketplace and a rapidly diversifying sales landscape, superior communication skills will more than ever prove the key to success, and no one enlightens and empowers sales leaders with these skills more effectively than Mark Bowden.
In Mark’s energetic and interactive keynote speech, you will learn exciting new techniques that engage, motivate & help clients and colleagues to trust you and your message, feel cared for and connected… and buy from you! Mark will help you more effectively build and develop a well-rounded sales team as well as lasting customer relationships. You will learn to win and hold onto trust, gain credibility, become more consultative to clients, and extend your skills of management, persuasion and influence.
Mark brings to this talk the psychology of body language, and his world class nonverbal skills and techniques that add impact, power and presence to sales communication, strategy and execution in these dynamic times. This talk will help you learn the most influential psychological triggers and how to best implement them when pitching and making presentations.
Winning Body Language for Leaders to Stand Out, Win Trust, Gain Credibility
As a leader, what your listeners think of your ideas, your plans, in fact your entire organization is deeply impacted by how they react to you when you communicate.
Mark Bowden’s compelling and inspirational keynote speech will help leaders and those on the path to leadership in your organization always put their best selves forward with superior communication skills. They will learn communication techniques to inspire others, importantly building trust and credibility every time they speak or present.
Mark takes his audience on a journey to discover “It’s not often what you say – but how you say it that gets results!” As a renowned trainer to Fortune 500 CEOs and G8 political leaders, Mark demonstrates to your group how existing perceptions can be completely altered by simple gestures or actions. He gives the audience tools — world class communication skills — to confidently convey a powerful leadership presence that capitalizes on instinctual processes of the brain, enabling them in the art of confidently inspiring their listeners and winning them over.
By demonstrating his TRUTHPLANE® GesturePlane System™, Mark teaches the most effective skills to turn first impressions into long term foundations for building trust, credibility and leadership presence. Learn how to always communicate in a style that is transparent, courageous, compelling, persuasive, influential and conversational.
COLLABORATION/TEAMWORK: Optimizing Workplace & Client Relationships.
The most insidious barrier to a happy, productive workplace in any organization is dealing with EACH OTHER!
Communication guru, Mark Bowden, offers a practical way of understanding, appreciating and managing the behaviors and actions of others. Mark brings the fastest and most effective way to understand why someone acts towards you the way they do; why you react the way you do; and most importantly, how to actively respond to achieve the best outcomes.
He explains how and why people make snap judgments about us and “default to the negative”, and how to best use your body language to stop this from happening. We look at why we are drawn to some people and repelled by others, and how to always get into the “friend” category in our daily interactions. The audience learns how to convert those who are “indifferent” to us, our services and our products, into our very best customers.
Gain new and fresh perspectives on how to deal with other people’s behaviors in order to: Manage those around you at any level in an organization; turn any potential conflict into a positive outcome; bring teams together in a shared understanding; and learn the evolutionary behavioral theory and neuroscientific evidence for human behavior that underpins all of these key relationships.
STORIES THAT LEAD: Extraordinary Results Through Influential Body Language, Words, and Images.
Humans have used stories for more than 200,000 years to help each other understand and manage together the risks and rewards of an unknowable future.
In this interactive, entertaining, and motivational speech, renowned human behavior and body language expert Mark Bowden takes audiences through the evolutionary psychology of storytelling, helping them understand how to effectively use both nonverbal and verbal communication and the images they create to help others buy into the inevitable risk of a new product, service, innovation, or project.
Mark teaches exactly how to tell stories that motivate, improve team performance, and bring extraordinary results – sharing three elements of story to create a powerful and positive impact on peoples’ minds. Audiences will take away:
- The most powerful verbal and nonverbal tools of influence and persuasion to control the bias that people have towards your ideas
- Exactly how to use your body language to stand out, win trust, and gain credibility
- The best story structures to use to help people look positively at the future
- The confidence to regularly use story to manage, motivate, and achieve extraordinary results
TRUTH & LIES: What Political Leaders Are Really Thinking
A human behavior expert, Mark Bowden is a go-to commentator for world media on the body language of leading politicians and public figures, often consulted around elections and other major political events to discuss candidates’ mannerisms during debates, appearances, and speeches.
In this captivating and energetic talk, Mark shares his first-hand insights on how body language is used by political leaders to stand out, gain trust, and ultimately win votes. A renowned trainer to Fortune 500 CEOs and G7 prime ministers, he uses real-life examples and demonstrations on stage to reveal the power that a simple gesture or action – like President Trump’s famous handshake – has in persuasion, gaining credibility, and changing one’s perception. Audiences will never watch a political debate in the same way again
Click one of these resources below for another way to find more speaker ideas for your audience.