Clara Shih: The Social Media Imperative In Banking
- Named one of Fortune’s “Most Powerful Women Entrepreneurs”
- Uses social media to redesign business models
- Helps clients target constantly connected consumers
Play Video View Fees
Clara Shih is founder and board chair of global software company Hearsay Systems, technology investor, and member of the Starbucks board of directors. She serves as an advisor to companies on how to transform their customer engagement, operations, and business models for today's digital era.
Named a Young Global Leader by the World Economic Forum, one of Fast Company’s “Most Influential People in Technology,” and both Fortune and Advertising Age’s “40 Under 40,” Clara developed the first social business app in 2007 and subsequently authored the bestselling book The Facebook Era. She has served in business and technical roles at Google, Microsoft and Salesforce.com.
Clara graduated #1 in computer science from Stanford University, where she also earned an M.S. in computer science. She also holds an M.S. in internet studies from Oxford University, where she studied as a United States Marshall Scholar.
Digital Transformation and Customer Experience.
- Use of modern digital communication channels such as video calls, online document sharing, text messaging, social media engagement to build and nurture relationships virtually
- How to balance corporate brand and local/relationship manager efforts
- Regulatory considerations, such as FINRA/SEC for financial services
Digital and Social Selling (Sales Effectiveness) During a Pandemic. How to keep your sales reps productive and successful when golf outings, fancy dinners, and in-person meetings must be indefinitely postponed.
- How to leverage LinkedIn and other social media for prospecting, nurturing customer relationships, as well as retention and relationship growth
- How to establish expert credibility and convey empathy over digital channels
- Why this is a critical time for building customer trust which will last a lifetime
How to Build Employee Engagement Virtually During the Pandemic and Post-Pandemic.
- Special support needed for single parents and dual-working parents of young children
- How managers must manage differently than before
- Setting boundaries, management team role modeling behaviors, no weekends/nights, virtual coffees, creating structures for more frequent and more personal interaction moments
- How recruiting needs to adapt to a virtual environment of no in-person interviews or candidate dinners
- How to think about returning to work
The Social Selling Revolution: How LinkedIn, Facebook, & Twitter Are Transforming How Agents Sell. Every day, a billion people share the most important moments of their lives on social media, from new jobs to newborns—and everything in between. Your own social networks are full of these “social signals” and your competitors are acting on this information in real time. The days of cold outreach are over—today's savvy agents leverage these real-time insights to get smart about whom to reach out to, when to reach out, and what to say as well as to build deep lasting relationships that result in renewal, upsell, and referrals. Best-selling author, social media expert and Silicon Valley tech CEO, Clara Shih. will walk through how to succeed in today's radically different selling environment.
Comprehensive Facebook Marketing Play Book. Thanks to Facebook, people are sharing more about themselves online than ever before. Not only is this affecting personal relationships, marketers too can use this information to better target their messages. The ultimate holy grail for marketers is a 100% response rate for their campaigns. The data shows unequivocally: Response rates go up dramatically when the communication feels personalized or is endorsed by a friend. With hyper-targeting, news feeds, and retweets, Facebook and Twitter give us the opportunity do both. Marketers need to be where their customers are and communicate via the channels preferred by their audiences. Increasingly, this is on Facebook. To be successful in the Facebook Era, marketers need to master the new skill set and consumer psychology of the social web.
Lean Start-Up Principles For Sales. Startup Lessons Learned explores what it takes to succeed in building a lean startup. The goal is to give practitioners and students of the lean start-up methodology the opportunity to hear insights from leaders in embracing and deploying the core principles of the lean startup methodology. The day-long event will feature a mix of panels and talks focused on the key challenges and issues that technical and market-facing people at startups need to understand in order to succeed in building successful lean startups.
7 Habits Of Successful Facebook Marketers. Every marketer knows that social media is “important”. The question is how to actually put the channel to work in a revenue-generation program. Now, DMCNY gives you an opportunity to explore possible answers with nationally-known social media strategist and best-selling author, Clara Shih. How B2C and B2B marketers engage audiences with timely content and memorable campaigns Using compelling case studies from successful brands, Shih will take us through the process of going where your customers are, grabbing their attention and delivering results to the bottom line.
The Future Of Distribution & Marketing: Staying Relevant In The Digital Era. "All aspects of human life are being digitized," said Geoffrey Moore. Financial services firms have three choices: ignore, innovate, or die.
Shih clearly articulates the opportunity for businesses on the social web, breaking it down into simple, actionable steps for companies to reach and connect with customers and prospects from around the world.