Gary Hamel: Reinventing the Technology of Human Accomplishment
FEES: Please Inquire
Gary Hamel’s landmark books, Leading the Revolution and Competing for the Future (co-authored with CK Prahalad), have appeared on every major management bestseller list and have been translated into more than 20 languages. His latest book, The Future of Management, was published by the Harvard Business School Press in October 2007 and was selected by Amazon.com as the best business book of the year.
In the last two decades, Hamel has authored 16 articles for the Harvard Business Review and is the most reprinted author in the Review’s history. He has written for the Wall Street Journal, Fortune, The Financial Times and many other leading publications all over the world. His weekly blog can be found at www.wsj.com/hamel.
Since 1983, Hamel has been on the faculty of the London Business School, where he is currently Visiting Professor of Strategic and International Management.
As a consultant and management educator, Hamel has worked for companies as diverse as General Electric, Time Warner, Nokia, Nestle, Shell, Best Buy, Procter & Gamble, 3M, IBM, and Microsoft. Mr. Hamel’s pioneering concepts such as “strategic intent,” “core competence,” “industry revolution,” and “management innovation” have changed the practice of management in companies around the world.
Hamel speaks frequently at the world’s most celebrated management conferences, and is a regular contributor to CNBC, CNN, and other major media outlets. He has also advised government leaders on matters of innovation policy, entrepreneurship and industrial competitiveness.
Hamel is leading an effort to build the world’s open innovation platform for reinventing management. The Management Innovation Exchange has been designed to radically accelerate the evolution of management knowledge and practice.
Hamel is a Fellow of the World Economic Forum and the Strategic Management Society. He lives in Northern California.
Innovation from Everyone, Every Day. In a world filled with new, ultra-low cost competitors, ever more powerful customers and hyper-competitive markets, innovation is the only way to out-perform the industry average. Based on twenty years of ground-breaking research, and a score of high-profile assignments in some of the world's most respected companies, Hamel can show you and your colleagues how to:
- Unlock the innovation potential of every employee
- Build a portfolio of high-impact, game-changing strategies
- Dramatically multiply the returns on innovation investment
- Build management systems that keep everyone focused on innovation
- Manage the day-to-day tension between innovation and operational efficiency
This critical knowledge can help your organization unleash its full innovation potential.
A Company That is as Nimble as Change Itself. As the pace of change accelerates, so must the pace of strategic renewal in every organization. All too often deep change is crisis-driven and episodic; too seldom is it opportunity-driven and continuous. Drawing on his pioneering work on strategic "resilience," Hamel's can help your company to:
- Recognize the warning signs of "strategy decay"
- Overcome the arrogance and denial that so often frustrates strategic renewal
- Build a future-oriented vision that is powerful enough to overcome the gravitational pull of the past
- Accelerate the shift of resources from legacy programs to future-oriented initiatives
- Weave the principles of resilience into every management process and practice
If the goal is a company that can change as fast as change itself, these are essential insights.
The Ultimate Competitive Advantage. Over the past 100 years, the most profound and enduring shifts in competitive position have come from management innovation - dramatic breakthroughs in how companies are managed, led and structured. Based on his most recent research, Hamel has developed a methodology that can help your company build the ultimate competitive advantage - an ability to proactively reinvent its management DNA. Specifically, Hamel can show your company how to:
- Anticipate the "over-the-horizon" management challenges that will determine success in the years ahead
- Successfully challenge the outmoded management orthodoxies that limit success
- Uncover the new management principles that will determine industry leadership in the future
- Build a capability for ongoing management innovation across your company
In short, Hamel can show your organization how to build tomorrow's best practices today.
Click one of these resources below for another way to find more speaker ideas for your audience.